Show me your Retro gaming collections!

wentwood

Citizen
I got a PS 2 and the draw here was for Backwards Comparability with PS 1 games. This is mostly because of Tomb Raider I - V from PS 1.

I own the next 4 games up to Underworld. Angel Of Darkness will be played on my DVD player with the Adventure Game adaption.

Tomb Raider was a major deal due to the PC version of the first 5 games as you had to have the PC those 5 games were designed for.

You basically need a current PC for the next installment of Tomb Raider.

With a PS 2 I could stay with one system for 9 games.

It might be an issue with Tomb Raider X - XII (Survivor Trilogy) and you need two systems for all 3 games.

I hope to single system it for the next 3 games.

Last edited:

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
You can get all three of the Survivor Trilogy games on PS4. I'd suggest getting a PS5 if possible since any new games would likely come out on that and all PS4 games are backwards compatible on PS5.

Legend, Anniversary and Underworld can all be done with PS3...if you can find them. Maybe try eBay.

I have a PS2 that's backwards compatible with PS1 games. I don't know if all models did that and the see to have jumped in price since I got mine. So do your homework on that, but that woul give you all the original games on one system, including Angel of Darkness.

wentwood

Citizen
Well I do have the PS 2 Slim for the first 9 Tomb Raider games.

Final Fantasy I would possibly need a PS 1 up to Final Fantasy IX.

I own Final Fantasy X and XII on PS 2.

My next move would mainly be for any new Tomb Raider games mostly.

The problem is with Tomb Raider X - XII is the mass file size on those 3 games.

Caldwin

Citizen
Well, if your PS2 slim plays the old Tomb Raiders, it should also play Final Fantasy VII-XII. So that should be covered.

Final Fantasy 1-6 however have been re-released several times and I truly can't say how many different systems they're on. Originally they were NES/SNES games with some only released in Japan. But I know 5 and 6 were on a collection together for PS1. I have 3 and 4 on Nintendo DS. 1 and 2 were on PSP.

It's possible they've all f their way onto a single system, but I don't know that for sure...unless you're willing to count tablet gaming. I just checked the iPad app store and it has all the Final Fantasy gams up through IX. As far as iPad gaming goes, I've only ever played FF III. It was pretty decent, but didn't have the active time battle that was intoduced with IV. So I can't really speak to the quality of those.

VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2 and XII (Zodiac Age) can all be played on PS4 (and therefore PS5) as well as the Nintendo Switch. I would suggest PS5 because that also nets you XIV, XV and the upcoming XVI. 1-6 you're probably going to have to go through other systems.

As far as massive file sizes go, I'm afraid that's just become a part of gaming. Even when you get the supposedly physical media, it immediately installs everything on your system along with all the updates and patches. The physical disk is little more than a prod key allowing you to play the game at this point.

wentwood

Citizen
Playing Tomb Raider IX Underworld on PS 2 and am on Level 2.

I do have a PS Mini which I can play up to Final Fantasy IX on blue flash drive. FF III is on my I Pad.

Caldwin

Citizen
Ah, okay. So you've got it covered. I do suggest trying out Zodiac Age some time if you have a current system. I mean, sure, PS2 looks good and all. But man, things are so crisp on current gen.

wentwood

Citizen
Playing games from PS 2 mostly. I have a lot of games that started on PS 1 mini so trying not to miss any of the main franchise games.

Playing main line franchise games first.

Dragon Warrior
Final Fantasy
Mega Man
Street Fighter
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Tekken
Tomb Raider

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I stoped by the local retro store and picked up Battletoads on the NES. It was way overpriced but I got tired of hunting for it at the Montgomery stores. I also picked up a cheap copy of Sim City 2000 on the original PlayStation. I never played it before but I did love the original on IBM PC back in the day

Attachments

• BA8E4FB8-0072-40EA-AFF0-D181DBDF37A3.jpeg
    BA8E4FB8-0072-40EA-AFF0-D181DBDF37A3.jpeg
    119.7 KB · Views: 70

wentwood

Citizen
I can play up to Dragon Warrior VI on my I Pad and will be on the last chapter of Dragon Warrior IV Chapters Of The Chosen.

My PS account has the Uncharted series. I need Uncharted 4 soon.

wentwood

Citizen
Picked up Final Fantasy XIV Online and Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition a while ago. This will make sure I'm not behind on Final Fantasy.

wentwood

Citizen
Final Fantasy XV
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Trilogy
Tekken 7
Tomb Raider X
Tomb Raider XI Rise Of The Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider XII Shadow Of The Tomb Raider

These games I would like to get on a PC due to the fact with PS 4 you have system over heat and loud fan issues.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
My List of NES Games that I am looking for grows shorter!
Metroid
Contra
Megaman 1
Megaman 3
TMNT 3
Castlevainia 1
Castlevainia 3
Bionic Commando
Super C

wentwood

Citizen
I own 8 Mega Man games on PS 2.

In this case I would likely get Mega Man Legacy Collection 2.

This is to add Mega Man 9 and 10.

I also own Mega Man X1 - X8 on PS2.

Mega Man and Mega Man both had the first 6 games and added Mega Man 7 and 8 from SNES and PS 1.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I have the first few Megaman games on a collection for either the Xbox or Gamecube, but I really want to have those first four on the original NES carts.

wentwood

Citizen
True.

Put it this way. Whatever system gets it gives me a chance to catch up pre PS 3 and PS 4 next chapters.

i'm mostly playing PS 1 and PS 2 games so I can catch up on any titles missed.

I'd love to get caught up on Castle Vainia I - III so as not to skip any.

NES Mini - Mine

Contra Trilogy
City Connection
Donkey Kong Trilogy
Double Dragon Trilogy
Galaga
Gradius
TMNT NES Trilogy

For TMNT I've played 10 of the main line games up to TMNT X Mutants In Manhattan for the main games.

wentwood

Citizen
I've set up Final Fantasy III - V on my I Pad to fill in gaps from the main line series I have yet to play.

Final Fantasy IV and V are SNES,.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
There is another retro game store up near where one of my buddy's house. Its an hour and a half drive each way, but I thought that it might be a fun trip to take to go out there and check it out.

wentwood

Citizen
Got Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 from the PS Store today.

The big draw was for Mega Man 9 and 10.

I can play the first 8 on PS 2.

I will likely make other plans for Tomb Raider X - XII (Survivor Trilogy) and other PS 4 forward games later.

However the new TMNT XI Shredder's Revenge is tempting. It would depend on how big the game is.

I do have Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition on Digital as well as Kingsglave.

wentwood

Citizen
I was able to get Street Fighter V Champion Edition today which I can fill that in over time.

If I do go PS 4 I want to make sure I have the games in place I plan to play long term in my PS account first.

PS 4 Games So Far

Dead Or Alive 5
Dead Or Alive 6
Double Dragon IV
Final Fantasy NT
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Final Fantasy XIV Stormbringers
Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition
Final Fantasy XV A King's Tale
Mega Man 9
Mega Man 10
Mega Man 11
Street Fighter V Champion Edition
Stranger Of Paradise
Trials Of Mana

FF RE has 4 packs from Final Fantasy XV.

Due Up

Tomb Raider XI Rise Of The Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider XII Shadow Of The Tomb Raider

Last edited:

Top Bottom