Show me your Retro gaming collections!

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I went to Game exchange today for the first time in months, and sadly, they didn't have the much in the way of retro titles today.

Still nothing off of my big want lists, which is weird as all of it is common stuff.

NES:

Contra
Metroid

SNES:

DK Country
SMW
TMNT4

However, I was able to get a copy of Shadows of the Empire for the N64 and a loose Warcraft footman from 1998 for $12 out the door.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Oof! Not to rub it in, but I have all of those.

Good news is that all of those can be played today. Contra has its own collection. TMNT has its own collection. The others are Nintendo Online games or can be found on the mini consoles.

Still, I can understand wanting the originals. Ebay maybe?

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Just won a complete NES box off of eBay! Can't wait to incorporate that into my collection!

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Sorry, Allow me to elaborate. I won an Action Set NES box complete with Styrofoam, manuals, baggies, and posters. The outside of the box is a little distressed from the pics, but the price was right!

1692499763343.png

1692499793258.png

1692499815904.png

It looks like it has some water or heat damage, but for $35 shipped, I can't complain!

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
I have like... one NES game in the box. I was one of those fools who threw the stuff away. I think I still have a few things here and there in my closet, but no boxes that I recall.

I have like one Super Famicom game complete in box, and a Neo Geo Pocket Color game complete in box.

I actually have a lot of my GBA game boxes that I've been meaning to try and get back into somewhat display order. Sadly most of them are kinda squished flat. :/

It wasn't really until games were on discs that I began to really make sure the cases were kept in tact. I do have a nice number of Genesis games in those plastic cases though. Only because they were plastic cases and not boxes.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, I threw away a lot of the boxes too. My older brother is the only reason I have any of the boxes from the NES and SNES era. He managed to save his SNES box, though no styrofoam, a Starfox box, and that Dragon Warrior NES box. The rest of my boxed stuff is things I got later on when I started collecting.

I wish that I had kept the boxes, but most of them were at Christmas or Birthdays, so they probably go trashed fairly quickly. I am glad that the Genesis games came in those hard plastic shells.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I had to clean that Box a lot. You can see in the pics, it was dirty, and it took a lot of cleaning. It looks like it was in someone's attic for a few years. Still, It's on my shelf now with one of my NES' systems packed in it!

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Picked up two neat Games for my Retro collection at Lunchtime.

A minty Boxed Super Scope with game,
and a decent loose copy of Kid icarus!

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Kid icarus wasn't a huge item on my list but I am glad to have got it, and the whole lot with the boxed Super scope and game was $40!

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
My wife liked this, but thought that the box smelled of weed, so I had to clean up the lot with some disinfectant wipes. The whole thing came really clean.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I ordered a replacement box for my NES Battletoads today! Looking forward to seeing that boxart displayed with my others!

Top Bottom