Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
nah hawaiian pizza is ******* vile and the people who like it have no taste buds

like pineapple is genuinely a disgusting fruit, it literally ruins every goddamn dish it is part of. i have never had a dish with pineapple where the pineapple doesn't make the dish worse.

sorry not sorry

Sharkshadow

Citizen
That happend to my family when i was in kindergarten. We went to Disney world that year and florida's water sent all of us bowing before the porcelain throne.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Ranch sauce pizza is far more of an abomination than pineapple could ever be.

Like jeebus, yanks, I know you pride being being walking piles of lard but still.

unluckiness

Citizen
Serious talk, Ranch is fine most of the time. As long as it’s not the commercially available stuff that’s basically putrid mayonaise with extra steps. Unfortunately, it’s more often the latter around here.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
The only food crime I will genuinely* throw hands over is people who salt/season their food before tasting it in a restaurant.

I barely even use salt but like at least taste it and see if the chef already seasoned it first, you know? Just comes off as rude like 'I don't trust the chef to have seasoned this properly'.

*I will not genuinely throw hands over this

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
I still don't like coffee, but I have to try it whenever TMM has some. I've found that there are very specific types of coffee that I like (but still not enough to chug).

unluckiness

Citizen
If you ever feel like having a well-done steak, buy a pack of jerky and save yourself some time and cash

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I grew up on hyper well-done. I didn't have a proper steak until my high school graduation dinner, and my mother still tried to stop me.

nah hawaiian pizza is ******* vile and the people who like it have no taste buds

like pineapple is genuinely a disgusting fruit, it literally ruins every goddamn dish it is part of. i have never had a dish with pineapple where the pineapple doesn't make the dish worse.

sorry not sorry

You sound like my dog.

M. Virion

If Hell is forever, then Heaven must be a lie
Citizen
As much as I'm adamantly against food snobbery, well-done steak is one of those points I'll admit I'm hypocritical on. I'm genuinely curious if people choose it because too many people think that pink/red in the center means the steak is bloody and don't understand what myoglobin is.

Well-done steak breaks up like sawdust in the mouth, and I can't understand how anyone finds that appealing.

M. Virion

If Hell is forever, then Heaven must be a lie
Citizen
Did you bite into a still moving cow?

The likely hood of getting salmonella from beef is incredibly low, especially since I'm not advocating for tare tare or the like, merely not overcooking it to the point of it becoming hydrophobic.

There is a huge gulf between 'this is a potential salmonella vector' and being well-done.

unluckiness

Citizen
Salmonella is endemic to amphibians, reptiles and birds. If beef is contaminated with it, that represents a massive breach in sanitation and handling.

Wouldn’t worry about it in a first world country

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It wasn't from beef. I'm just noting it because it's another food paranoia I heard a lot growing up, and I had it, and it wasn't all that remarkable.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Salmonella is endemic to amphibians, reptiles and birds. If beef is contaminated with it, that represents a massive breach in sanitation and handling.

Wouldn’t worry about it in a first world country
We're Americans. We're a third-world country with delusions of grandeur.

Top Bottom