Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Me: Oh, hey! Dead or Alive 2 on Dreamcast. I could stand to expand my Dreamcast library and DoA is a pretty decent fighter. I'll bid $20 on it. That should be okay. But if I get outbid, that's it. I really shouldn't bid more than that. I've been spending a lot of money lately.

Oh, you just outbid me, you son of a bitch! I'll show you. *max bid $30*

Umm...that's okay. That's just a max bid. As long as it doesn't gooooo oh shit! It just hit $30. I'm the max bid at $30. I mean, it's not the end of the world. I'm sure I'll be okay. But please please please...someone outbid me. Someone out bid me. SOMEONE OUTBID MEEEEEE!

Oh...well...I won. Crap!

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I feel disturbed whenever somebody outbids me. I want to meet that guy and make sure he's okay.

Sharkshadow

Citizen
this is why i stick to the buy it now section. In mmo auction houses i take it personally when people out bid me and start bidding wars.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
I don't use eBay anymore, but I would either bid once and check back once the auction is over, or not bid, then check back on it near the end. If it already passed my limit, oh well. If not, bid once or twice right before the end and leave it at that.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
I'd bid the most I was willing to, but I'd also wait until near the end to do so. If it goes higher before then, I saved me time. If it's still low enough, it reduces the amount of time for other people to figure out my max bid. There's always people who will always bid the minimum bid over and over, not thinking about the fact of how eBay's auto-bid system works, and it's most useful against those people - I tend to think they don't have a set limit but will blindly bid things up and assume you're dropping in bids against them each time. It's really the only thing that makes sense when you see that sort of bid history.

Though it's been a while so maybe more people have worked that out now.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Alien Covenant is Prometheus but worse, and Aliens aren't even in it, replaced by shitty Asylum-esque expies as if they didn't own the rights to the damn things the movie's titled after. WTF

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Every time this franchise gets another turd it makes me wonder what kind of divine revelation James Cameron must have had access to.

unluckiness

Citizen
It makes the AVP movies look like high art. At least those had decent fight scenes when you could tell what was going on.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
The first AVP was pretty cool once it actually got around to the Aliens vs Predators part. Requiem was shit and I stopped caring after that.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
AVP is the saddest one because at no point does the problem seem to have been a lack of effort. They meant well. They just didn't do it well.

Requiem had no goal other than to constantly remind you "See? See? We're making it bloody again! Not like that kiddy AVP!" and then they didn't even get the "See?" part right.

Ridley Scott is trying to do something. Nobody knows.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
AVP might've been good if they didn't go for PG-13. Who the hell thought a PG-13 movie with the two bloodiest monsters in Hollywood was a good idea?

Requiem...I wanted to like it since it went with the R rating the first one should have had. But it tried too hard and they really failed to make me give a damn about any of the character.

Prometheus might have been decent if they just didn't even bother setting it in the Alien univers. As it was, it was an Alien movie without the aliens.

Covenant...those people were too damn stupid to live. Videos have been made.

so yeah, as far as my own personal reality, Alien only had two movies...just like Terminator.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Aliens actually had very little blood. I can kinda understand how they imagined they could pull off a PG-13 AVP. They knew the main draw was seeing the two monsters fight, and monster blood doesn't count for some reason.

It was a bad idea, but somewhere in the multiverse there is a world where it was a good idea.

unluckiness

Citizen
AVP wasn't terrible, just mediocre all around. Like , if I watched it in a theater, wouldn't feel ripped off but kinda meh.

Requiem, I can't see enough of anything to tell

Last edited:

Sharkshadow

Citizen
which one was the AVP with Laurence fishburn? i kinda liked that one but i can never remember the name of it.

Top Bottom