Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I liked the original Schwarzenegger movie and even the 2010 one was a fun watch.

Thing is, Aliens was always about Ripley (up until AVP). As bad as Alien 3 and Resurrection were, at least you could count on Ripley being the main protagonist. Kinda like how Terminator was about Sarah and John, Die Hard is about John.

Problem I always had with the Predator franchise was that there never was a consistent protagonist. And while that can work, it runs the risk of "I love this protagonist, I hope he makes it," "I guess this protagonist is okay, but whatever" "I don't care about any of these assholes!"

Meanwhile, you know I'll always route for Ripley/Sarah Conner/John McClane. Even in the substandard movies, I'll at least care enough to want these people to live.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
I dunno it could work as a sort of anthology series. Predator 2 set up the premise that Predators have been travelling to earth to hunt people for centuries all over the globe. Make a bunch of movies set in the same universe with different settings. Predator played with the south american jungle, Predator 2 tried an urban setting. AVP had the arctic. Set a Predator movie on an aircraft carrier stuck in a storm to isolate the crew. Predators hunting pirates burying their treasure on a deserted island. Predators in the trenches of WWI. Predator on a theme park on an eccentric billionaire's private island. Predators in the future. You could get away with similar story beats but the different settings and casts of characters would do a lot to spice things up.

I'm have zero writing background with maybe half a creative bone in me, I could pull these out of my ass in like 5 minutes and they're still less dumb than the last 2 movies' super Predator nonsense.

Sharkshadow

Citizen
i think the next predator movie is supposed to be predator vs native americans, though that might of gotten canceled.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
It looks toomuch like a ripoff of the first Predator for me TBH. Just skipped over the first half of shooty bang bang to go directly to more primitive tactics

Noip

I'll think of something later.
Citizen
Fireworks? Where I liveit's gun shots. And the occasional explosion. What are they blowing up, you might ask? If I ever figure it out I'll let you know. 🤣

Sharkshadow

Citizen
But all my favorite stuff there! anyway, only one brief oomph of fireworks thanks to torrential rain. other then that plan to sleep through this nonsense was a sucess.

Caldwin

Citizen
I will say 2021 was better than 2020. It was a crap ton better than 2020. I would rather live through 2021 ten times before living through 2020 once.

Unfortunately, that's an incredibly low bar to hurdle.

Caldwin

Citizen
Hey, don't trivialize being able to drive to the hospital. Otherwise you could bleed out.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
An overnight stay at the hospital in Jan 2020 was over $10,000. That's without calling an ambulance and after insurance. Having a HSA saved our asses.

Top Bottom