Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Amazon is seriously ******* impossible to use nowadays because literally all the results sound like bootleg shit from China.

You look for Transformers and even the official products will be titled shit like 'Transformers Legacy Leader Class Blitzwing Classic Toy Tank Jet Robot for Boys and Girls Ages 6 and Up Transforming Robot Toy'.

It's just sludge results.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Still salty about the time I ordered a Zoids kit from Amazon and got two packets of soap powder in a beat-up envelope instead.

Maybe if you order two packs of soap, you get a Zoid instead?

My mum been complaining about Royal Mail when it comes to letters or cards, its taking far longer than it normally should do for things to get through the system, like over a week by second class and its within the UK!

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I haven't gotten scammed yet, but I am never confident that I really know what I'm buying. Most of the reviews sound fake, and the answers in the Q&A section are mostly "I dunno. I didn't buy this."

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I recently watched a YouTube video where someone deliberately bought an obviously fake microSD card off of Amazon to demonstrate how Amazon is still full of these fakes, how to avoid accidentally buying one (the answer being: check the price compared to the price of brands you've heard of. If you're looking for a 512 GB microSD card for your Nintendo Switch or whatever and you see that ones from companies like Samsung and Sandisk are $30 to $50, then the one you see on Amazon by some brand you've literally never heard of for $10 to $15? Fake as all hell), and how to check the capacity of a microSD card if you're unsure if you've got a fake or a legit one (or if you're like this YouTuber and you deliberately buy a fake and wanna see what the real capacity was).

And anyways he left both a negative review of the product telling people it was fake and reported the product to Amazon for being fake and...

Yeah he got an email from Amazon a few days letter basically telling him 'Yeah thanks for the review and also for reporting the product as fake but uhh no it's actually legit so we took down your negative review because it's inaccurate' (AKA 'the person selling the microSD card was probably questioned about it being fake by some automated Amazon thing and just went 'No this product is legitimate. Look here's a screenshot of our microSD card in a computer, it says 1 terabyte. It's legit' and Amazon's automated process goes 'OK well you say it's legit, so it's legit'.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
I avoid Amazon as much as possible. At least at retail stores, you can look at look at the product and it's easier to return.
These days, I check for user photos, and the grammar/spelling of reviews. If most of the reviews sound off, I bail. I recently found some listings where the reviews didn't even match the product I was looking at.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
I get stuff from Amazon. But honestly the thing that irritates me most is that they lump reviews for different releases into the same pool. These differences are important!

Spin-Out

i cant take it anymore im at my limit
Citizen
I was way out of the Rangers hobby by the time it came out but damn, do the Wild Force Megazords speak to me.
wild force was the one power rangers series that really grokked with me. i think it was partly bc the zords were (and still are) just aesthetically the best.

Spin-Out

i cant take it anymore im at my limit
Citizen
the one with animal zords. no, the other one with animal zords. no, the other other one with animal zords. no, the OTHER other one wi-

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
It was the one right before Disney bought them. The SMP toys look great and I don’t mind the lack of an ultrazord since those are just unwieldy piles of plastic usually. They seem fairly popular since Bandai skipped several sentais to make them and then made the complete set aside from the one that’s supposed to be god or something.
Edit: oh wait, they did make the god one. Makes sense, it’s just a retool.
a0693898-2d12-4b0c-b379-5574615ef9c8.jpg

188185639_4047766731936361_8930316137627236724_n.jpg

l
9E786A4A-9B1E-460C-803C-9584136BD479.jpeg

5A6C07F3-6EE0-49E3-A4F6-8A70DF326363.jpeg

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I have very little in my life to be happy about, yet I'm happy. It really is brain chemistry.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Some asshole hit our car in the same place as last year.

No, the damage is nowhere near as bad. It's like some scratches and a bit of a dent and a vent below one of the front lights is missing.

Also this time it wasn't a hit and run and my grandpa has the guy's license plate number.

Top Bottom