Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I got fourteen Optimus primes of various shapes, sizes and colours surounding me and all of them can transform, while Megatron has seven! Its just a bit of random thoughts!

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Just over 10 months into my Windows 11 experience and Explorer finally broke today, but restarting it (Explorer, not the whole computer) worked.

I don't know why people hate Windows 11. For me it's been very stable.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Because it's ******* dogshit and Microsoft are ****s who are constantly shoving their OS full of more and more ads and trying to force people to use their proprietary bullshit.

Like it's basically Windows 10 but with a bunch of regressions in functionality and design.

Why is the taskbar now locked to the bottom of the screen? Did they ever release an update so icons on the taskbar don't autocombine? Why is the right-click context menu so dogshit now? Why do you have to have a Microsoft account to actually use it now (I know there's ways to trick it so you don't need to create an account with them but do you think the average user is going to do that?)?

It's g-a-r-b-a-g-e and why I'm switching to Linux when Windows 10 ends support.

(Seriously Windows 11 just feels like a Windows 10 update that they just dolled up and are claiming it's a totally new version of Windows)

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
(Seriously Windows 11 just feels like a Windows 10 update that they just dolled up and are claiming it's a totally new version of Windows)
Because it basically is. They wanted to tie more into the TPM for Security(whether useful or not) and the back end code for that couldn't be applied in a feature update, so they had to push it as a fresh install. And if they're gonna do that, might as well throw in all these other changes the UI people turned out because they needed something to do to keep their jobs. And hey, if we're changing it this much, might as well just give it a new name and get people to buy into it by making people think its something new.

The build numbers tell the truth. Even Vista-8.1, while all on the NT 6 kernal, actually had major version increments( 6.0->6.1->6.2->6.3), while both 10 and 11 are on NT kernal 10.0.xxxxx.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
My 'favorite' thing Windows 11 defenders do is go 'Well if you don't like all these changes to the UI of 11, just install these programs to change it to look more like Windows 10'

Or I could just...not upgrade lol.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The only thing I felt the need to add was PowerToys, but that's not a new thing.

I don't use a Microsoft account, and I don't see any ads. I did get a few Clipchamp ads early on, but that was it and I killed those right away. Windows does come with a lot of annoying crap, but it's usually not hard to remove.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It takes a few minutes to remove that stuff, but my Wifi works out of the box. For me it's still worth it.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I can think of very few things I'd care about less than 'something not working out of the box'.

Getting everything working and set up exactly how I want it is one of the best parts of a computer.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I get that. It's why I love playing with old operating systems. But I do need my main OS to just work, because I do have work to do.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Nice. I got an extra hour and there was no construction in the neighborhood this morning.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Just said '**** it' and used Revanced Manager to patch APKs for Tumblr, Twitter, and Reddit to remove ads and other bullshit from them on my phone.

I put off doing it cuz I do most of my browsing of these sites on the web and my regular adblocker already blocks the bullshit on the web but hey might as well do it on my phone too.

Also went ahead and did it with YouTube as well on my phone, even though I don't really watch YouTube it but what the hell. (Of course now this means I have two YouTube apps installed and I don't feel like rooting my phone or whatever just to uninstall the preinstalled app, so I just disabled it to hide it. It's ******* good enough)

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
I don’t mind much either way since out local ads aren’t terrible but whatever attempts they have to block adblock is messing up the loadspeed and performance even when you do turn it off. Might as well keep adblock on.

Last edited:

Top Bottom