Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
We got a phone call from the car shop my grandpa didn't answer the phone in time and for some reason they called us after the office was closed???

Wack.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Probably someone there after hours. Businesses can setup the phones to cut off at a certain time. You can still call out, but any incoming calls will go straight to an auto message/voicemail.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
The actual message when we called back was something like 'Our main office hours are closed, if you know your party's extension, dial it now'

Of course, we don't know who called us because my grandpa never set up voice mail on his phone so they couldn't leave a message.

I mean considering this was the car repair place and they said earlier yesterday that they'd call us when our car was ready for pickup, I'd be surprised if message was about anything else but our car (and honestly, even if he had answered the phone and they said we could go and pick it up, we weren't going to be picking it up in the evening anyway, too much traffic).

Of course watch as it turns out to have been some shit like 'Hey it's gonna be another day' or something.

(We should call them this morning to see what that call was about, if it was 'Yeah your car is ready', we won't be able to pick it up until like after noon-ish today maybe though because the AC guy is coming this morning between 10 and 12pm to finish checking and doing maintenance on our AC. They originally came on Tuesday but it was raining so he couldn't do the outside checking)

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Finally got sick and tired of it cause I'm stuck using my tablet as my main computing device until I can get my laptop charger port replaced (I could do this myself, but I also need to get the screen fixed and one of the keys on the keyboard isn't working and I don't trust myself to repair those) and I installed an adblocker app on my tablet and like holy ****.

Like not even five minutes after installing it, I check the notification shade and see that it's blocked 10 thousand ads and trackers.

I mean I always use adblockers on desktop and shit but like god-*******-damn.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
91 thousand ads and trackers blocked now.

It's saved 9 GB of data.

Granted, my data cap is a terabyte (wish I didn't have a cap at all tho) but imagine if I was using mobile data. Ugh.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It begins. After almost 7 months of Windows 11 I've finally encountered an actual problem. After the most recent update my screen sometimes doesn't turn on. My monitor is pretty old so maybe it's becoming incompatible.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm surprisingly happy with Windows 11. I heard nothing but bad things about it, but I haven't encountered a single thing that makes me want to downgrade to Windows 10. The new Start Menu is fine.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
If we could somehow harness your effect on technology, would it usher humanity into a utopian age or herald the end of civilization?

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Doesn't Windows 11 deliberately make it even more frustrating than normal to change default applications, like you have to change each file type individually to open in something different?

Look, Microsoft, I'll admit that the Chromium-based version of Edge you got now is totally fine and I use it as my secondary browser, but I've been using Chrome for years at this point and I ain't ******* switching to Edge as my main browser.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I haven't encountered that. I made Firefox my default browser on day 1 and I haven't seen Edge pop up since. Either people are doing it wrong, or I did it wrong and accidentally broke Edge completely.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Saw a trailer for The Flash.
Jesus, you’d think somebody in so much trouble with the law would have learned how to run by now.

Top Bottom