Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
Every "Kids in the Hall" reunion, someone in the troupe comments about the name no longer fitting -- but if they branded honestly would you still buy tickets, or get confused?

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I tried to use the computer at the library yesterday for a bit (had to go there because I returned three things that were due on Tuesday but it said one thing wasn't returned, it turns out that they just didn't scan it as returned before putting it back on the shelf - there's no late fees at the library for overdue things anymore, but I didn't want them to mark the DVD as lost which means I would have to pay the cost for the item, although that's if an item is 30 days overdue IIRC, but I just wanted to get it dealt with) and wow I hate using other computers.

Like I have my keyboard set up in a very specific way, namely I used a piece of software to remap the caps lock key so it's instead backspace and I'm so used to being able to just hit that key to delete some text, I kept doing that on the library computer and just turning on all-caps.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I'm pretty sure the oldest OS I've used for an extended period of time is like Windows 98.

I mean I've dabbled in older versions of Windows (I'm pretty sure you can run Windows 3.1 in DOSbox to allow you to play older Windows games), but I wouldn't really call that being 'used'.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I should try DOSbox. I've been using the free version of VMware for my virtual machines, and it has some harsh limitations.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Too bad it can't run OS/2. That's not really a fault of DOSbox particularly though. I haven't found anything that runs it well.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If we were living in the Atari/Amiga timeline instead of the Microsoft/Apple timeline I bet we would have flying cars right now.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen

ok

i don't have a computer with a PowerPC CPU so i'm not gonna waste my money but like idk doesn't feel hard to acquire

there's probably pirated copies out there too

Top Bottom