Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I dreamed that a huge asteroid was on its way, and if it was going to hit us it would be in 2036.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
That wasn't a dream. The asteroid is coming. But it's coming much sooner than they thought at first. Let's just say if you have anything left on your bucket list, you should probably try to get it done by the end of the day.

Caldwin

Citizen
I get that. I've noticed when I'm just trying to make a response, people think I'm being funny. When I'm trying to be funny, it's different degrees of uncomfortable.

Sorry.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
It's one of those great mysteries which will either never be explained, or will break your mind like an egg if you ever did learn the truth.

Caldwin

Citizen
I was playing Theatrhythm tonight when it just really struck me how far video game music has come.

This is The Crystal Tower from Final Fantasy III. Now don't get me wrong. The music is fantastic. But no one's going to mistake this for anything other than 8-bit video game chip-tune. This is what I grew up with on the old NES.

This is Who Brings Shadow from Final Fantasy XIV. If someone had told me that this was some musical group that was mixing orchestra and metal, I would have believed you!

Okay, so I also wanted to show some of my playthrough on Theatryhthm. But here's the song without the rhythm game clanging drowning out the music, because this song is just awesome. It's not even awesome "for a video game." It is, without qualifiers, awesome.

Caldwin

Citizen
No. I thought about it. But I was like, do I post it in the Final Fantasy thread, the gaming music thread, the PlayStation thread.

I got paralyzed and just went "eff it" and posted it here.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Fair enough.

Worth nothing, "Who Brings Shadow" is a remix of the main Shadowbringers theme, just titled "Shadowbringers". I'd also recommend "Rise", "Equilibrium", "Wayward Daughter", and "Fiend" for some more personal FFXIV favorites. And of course "Answers".

"Ultima - Scions and Sinners" is good, too, but it's been forever ruined for me by this parody/mondegreen....

Caldwin

Citizen
I absolutely loves "Answers." It's one of the things that got me into XIV in the first place. I'll definitely have to check out those others.

I know all about great music being ruined by mondegreen.

One Wing Angel

There's frogs in paris
Need a ham
Ham and cheese

Many many many ass
Everybody touching ass

I listen to it anyway. I can also hear Achey Breaky Heary while listening to the chocobo theme.

Caldwin

Citizen
So I've been seeing a Blistex commercial where a doctor was saying how when a patient would come to her asking about their chapped lips, she'd recommend medicated Blistex. Okay, I'm trying to be fair and say that they are talking about a medicated form of Blistex and not just your average Blistex. But no. I have to ask...who the hug goes to their doctor over chapped lips...especially if they haven't already tried the biggest name in lip balm first. Fine, so they're talking about medicated Blistex. No, that doesn't make it better. It's still over the counter LIP...HUGGING...BALM! You're seriously telling me people are going to their doctors over chapped lips...without even trying the big name in lip balms? REALLY?

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
How is Blistex the biggest name in lip balm if I've literally never heard of it before this post?

I'm pretty sure the biggest name in lip balm is, y'know, ChapStick considering that ChapStick is the brand name that's become genericized and everything.

Caldwin

Citizen
Okay, not the biggest. But seriously, to have never even heard of it...where the heck do you live?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If a flying saucer finally revealed itself in low enough altitude, in broad daylight, perfectly unobstructed, in the age when everyone carries an HD camera, the true holy grail event, we still wouldn't know because people would point the camera at the clouds next to it instead.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm on the phone with a robot trying to cancel an account. Let's see how long this takes.

Top Bottom