Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Random update from that old PC at my dad's house.

I KNOW THE SPECS (well the specs it came with but I highly doubt my dad upgraded it), it's an eMachines eMonster 500A with:
-500 MHz Intel Pentium III processor
- 64 MB RAM
- 13 GB hard drive
- 3.5 inch floppy drive
- 8x DVD-ROM drive
- 56k fax model
- ATI Xpert 128 with 16 MB VRAM

According to the sticker on the front, this BEAST of a machine is THE WORLD'S BEST GAMING MACHINE.

Also I found a BEIGE MECHANICAL MOUSE

Ohohoho yes, it's all coming together. Beige tower, beige keyboard, beige speakers, beige scanner, and now a beige mouse...all I need now is a beige CRT monitor (and also uhh maybe a power cable too but I wouldn't be surprised if that's in one of the boxes at my other home tbh) I'll be able to see if this damn thing still works. (And if the hard drive is dead? Well guess who still has the recovery disc for this damn PC? Yeah just get...well I won't use a new hard drive but I'll probably get one of those adapters to use flash storage or something in place of the hard drive)

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Random update from that old PC at my dad's house.

I KNOW THE SPECS (well the specs it came with but I highly doubt my dad upgraded it), it's an eMachines eMonster 500A with:
-500 MHz Intel Pentium III processor
- 64 MB RAM
- 13 GB hard drive
- 3.5 inch floppy drive
- 8x DVD-ROM drive
- 56k fax model
- ATI Xpert 128 with 16 MB VRAM

According to the sticker on the front, this BEAST of a machine is THE WORLD'S BEST GAMING MACHINE.

Also I found a BEIGE MECHANICAL MOUSE

Ohohoho yes, it's all coming together. Beige tower, beige keyboard, beige speakers, beige scanner, and now a beige mouse...all I need now is a beige CRT monitor (and also uhh maybe a power cable too but I wouldn't be surprised if that's in one of the boxes at my other home tbh) I'll be able to see if this damn thing still works. (And if the hard drive is dead? Well guess who still has the recovery disc for this damn PC? Yeah just get...well I won't use a new hard drive but I'll probably get one of those adapters to use flash storage or something in place of the hard drive)

Let's just say for the sake of argument that you're able to get this thing to limp to life. What could you possibly use it for?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I ought to assemble a proper retro computer. Free VMWare sucks and my computer doesn't like Virtualbox for some reason.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I want a computer that can run OS/2. For some reason every computer I encounter in my dreams runs it, so I guess it's my destiny.

Caldwin

Citizen
I don't know. I've had a lot of dreams about being naked in public. So far that hasn't happened, and I'd probably be arrested if it did.

I'm hoping some dreams are just dreams.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm going through a lot right now so I'm finally trying my booze stash. I never asked for this stuff anyway, so I don't know what I was saving it for. I'm not even sure what I have, so I'm going to find out the fun way.

First up, vodka. I'm finding this bottle bizarrely disappointing. It tastes like really strong alcohol. It smells like rubbing alcohol. This should be strong stuff. And I thought I was a ridiculous lightweight. But somehow it doesn't feel like it hits me as hard as cheap wine does. I'm halfway through the bottle and about two hours in I am just starting to feel the buzz.

Caldwin

Citizen
*wince*

Half a bottle of vodka in two hours? Fnu, please be careful. There are people here who care about you.

Top Bottom