Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Broward Mall used to be great.

I don't mind the sounds in grocery stores (except the ancient intercom stores all use because good audio technology just hasn't been invented yet). It's other people refusing to give me any space. I am walking way too fast as it is. Get off my ass before I turn around and become a Florida Man headline.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I cannot escape my destiny. I'm going to be a Florida Man headline.

Broward Mall used to be great.

I don't mind the sounds in grocery stores (except the ancient intercom stores all use because good audio technology just hasn't been invented yet). It's other people refusing to give me any space. I am walking way too fast as it is. Get off my ass before I turn around and become a Florida Man headline.

You know what? I think this is finally going to be the year!

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
My brain turns white noise into voices and tries to fill in the gaps. I'm not ignoring you. I'm trying to tell if someone's actually calling my name or if that's just a fan blowing somewhere.
We're actually wired to do that:
Pareidolia is the tendency for perception to impose a meaningful interpretation on a nebulous stimulus, usually visual, so that one sees an object, pattern, or meaning where there is none.

Caldwin

Citizen
That's kinda exciting. When it happens I'm going to collect every version of the story and get them framed.

Of course, it's all fun and jokes until it actually happens. Then we have to go do a community donation for the defense lawyers.

I hope Florida doesn't have the death penalty. We may want to rethink this.

Caldwin

Citizen
EA03636B-C0D8-40A3-B080-AC97BF7A818D.png

I will never complain about the ads I get here ever again 🥹

0546E72C-7743-4034-9AF9-B7251431A69C.png

Though this one's not one I ever expected to see here.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
I see that one a lot. I used to get a lot of pro-Trump ones, which I would X out and tell Google to stop it, but it didn't do squat. Honestly the ads are making me want to use an adblocker.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I was getting good ones for a while. Lots of restaurant ads. Google thinks I need to eat more.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
cassette players that don't slowly open when you press the eject button are the worst ones

they need to do that slow open to be good

Caldwin

Citizen
What are these cassettes of which you speak?

I should see if my parents top-loader still works.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
This just reminds me of how I only learned that the stereo at my summer home has a record player on top the last time I went up there.

I mean in my defense, there is a cover over the record player part so I just thought it was the top of the stereo and had no reason to ever actually lift it up to see if there was something under it lol.

Meanwhile my stereo down here doesn't play records, it just plays cassettes and CDs.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
So, our state uses license plates with a combination of 3 letters and 3 numbers. As a mnemonic game, I will often try to 'translate' the letter part into something I can remember. Sometimes this is easy (BEE), sometimes it is a little trickier (DLC, downloadable content, YRS, years, etc, etcetera).

Tonight, I got behind an SUV with my new favorite combo: FFS. I'm sure you all can figure out the first thing that came to mind...😈

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
oh yeah btw i'm autistic, just thought i'd let y'all know that cuz idk i guess y'all are kind of my friends

(i've suspected i was autistic since i was 16-17 years old but i've done a deep dive into researching the topic, reading other autistic experiences, etc. for over a year now but i struggled with imposter syndrome even knowing that well-informed self-diagnosis is widely considered valid by the autistic community but i recently managed to get the courage to admit that i'm autistic ok so pls don't invalidate me cuz not everyone can access a formal diagnosis for a variety of reasons and i've done tons of research and basically all my experiences going back to childhood strongly correlate to both the diagnostic criteria and a lot of experiences from other autistic people, both formally and self-diagnosed ones)

Top Bottom