Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
It doesn't really matter how far he can go before someone tries to stop him. It only matters how far he can go before someone succeeds.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
A plan that has no basis in reality cannot be stopped because even reality has no idea what the hell just happened.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Got some gingerbread dough made from scratch sitting in the fridge. Really excited to try it, but it has to wait until tomorrow.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
It's a pretty simple recipe. You could just cut strips instead of using a cookie cutter.
Or, wait until after Xmas when the gingerbread houses go on sale. Those are more decorative though, so they're not great.
Or, wait until tomorrow and let me see how mine turn out. Cookies have a pretty good shelf life so I could send some.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
20221218_092632.jpg
Before baking
20221218_093602.jpg
After baking

The first batch I didn't roll thin enough, lol. These cookie cutters came with press down imprints, the ones that were pressed down harder came out better.
Pretty soft fresh from the oven, should harden as they cool. Taste is pretty good, I didn't have an orange so I tried using tangerine zest. Can't taste the citrus too much. Fnu, PM me if you want some, I've got plenty.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I went to the library today and I got a book I had on hold for over a month and some DVDs.

No late fees nowadays for overdue materials so that's cool.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
It kind of blows my mind when I remember that the year Sony stopped selling Betamax tapes and the year the last VCR (for VHS tapes, not Betamax ones) were both the same year despite VHS having handily beaten Betamax in the videotape format war.

And that year was literally 2016 too, that's not that long ago.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
For a while, professional grade betamax is what television stations used. Some advertisers would send us a SVHS and we'd be like, what are we supposed to do with this?

Sooo, yeah, VHS won the consumer base hands down, but beta won the professional base.

It does surprise me that either hang around until 2016.

Still, I do know some people who are avid second hand market buyers of VHS to this day. Not me...but there are people.

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
Still, I do know some people who are avid second hand market buyers of VHS to this day. Not me...but there are people.

My dad collected 8-tracks in the late '80s and early '90s, because when he'd find them at yard sales or whatever, they were literally a dime a dozen.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
My dad still has boxes of 8-tracks and VHS tapes sitting around, because he's a packrat and never gets rid of anything. I don't think he even has a working VHS or 8-track player anymore. Emphasis on "working" because I'm sure he has at least three of each, but.

Top Bottom