Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I went back to my second home and I'm starting to think that monitor I got is not from that PC in the computer room there...

I mean a monitor is a monitor but you know when you have a beige PC, beige keyboard, beige speakers, beige printer, and beige scanner in one room that you remember using when you were like 5-6 years old in 2001-2002 and then in the kitchen there's a black computer monitor with a separate black keyboard and a manufacturer's date of 2003, you start to think maybe that was from a different computer...

Still wanna get that PC hooked up to see if it still works after all these years though. Obviously would never even dream of connecting it to the internet, but maybe I might consider using it for some retro PC gaming using period hardware?

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
91LSF1iZUFL.jpg

I look at shit like this and I honestly refuse to think people think this looks good. I'm convinced no one actually likes all this RGB crap but no one wants to be the first to admit, it just looks so tryhard and cringe.

Like all those stupid gaming laptops from back in the day where they had to look all edgy and have RGB or bright red or green and be for GAMERS!!!!! (Meanwhile my gaming laptop is literally black and the only GAMER stuff is that the HP logo has green inside of it instead of silver like other HP laptops, the WASD keys are marked [so you know they're the GAMING KEYS], and there's an optional green backlight on the keyboard I can turn on and off if I'm typing at night and need to see the keys)

Honestly speaking if I ever built my own gaming PC, I would go for a sleeper build. Not necessarily using a beige box case , but one that doesn't look like a stereotypical gaming PC.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Eh. I'm still happier than I was as a kid. Nothing's going like I hoped, but I still wouldn't go back.

My schools did me some good after all. I can do anything every day and be happier than that.
The world was still horrible when we were kids back then, we were just sheltered from it a lot. I def prefer being able to do my own thing even if I have to deal with adulting over being totally dependent on my parents.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I remember the moment I realized I didn't like being a kid. This was some time before I started school. I was told we were going to the library. I liked that. The library is quiet. You pick a book you want to read and nobody bothers you. No, it turned out that the plan for that day was some storytime nonsense with a whole group of kids. Someone reading some dumb book in a dumb voice. I was good. I sat there quietly. But in my head I started asking "Who are these kids? Why am I here with them? Who are you? Why are you the boss of me right now? What is this book? I was going to read a real book. I'm running out of time."

I know it was before I started school, so it may have been my very first experience of someone other than my parents being in charge. I thought they were in charge because they were my parents. It turned out they could hand me off to someone and then that person is in charge because I'm just not. Someone I didn't know could control my time. That was new.

I didn't get to read my book that day.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Had a weird dream someone made a chat thread in General Discussion and then someone had a literal meltdown in the thread and like half the users got banned and the thread got locked and they were told to just go to this thread instead lol.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'll still be here on mobile. Haven't missed a day since I joined the first time. I am not going to break my streak now.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Did Fnu just say he was streaking! Way to go, Fnu! Welcome to freedom.

Last edited:

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Trick is to be the best Florida Man headline you can possibly be. Aim high. Don't just cross the line. Leave it in the dust. Make sure you're never forgotten. Be the Florida Man that all subsequent Florida Men will be compared to.

Top Bottom