Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
It's where I get most of my video game news and 80's nostalgia. It's at least as interesting as most of the stuff on Netflix.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I go to YouTube for tech guidance sometimes, because nobody is willing to write proper instructions for anything, but in a video you can kinda see what they're doing.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Honestly, I'm not even subbed to any streaming services.

Maybe I'm just weird but I think in some cases I actually prefer how cable works VS how streaming works. Like I get all the benefits of streaming over traditional television, I really do.

But sometimes I just want to turn on the TV and just put something on in the background, y'know? I think that's just something missing from the majority of modern streaming services. Sure, you got things like Pluto TV or Peacock that have linear channels as an option, but those are few and far between.

Guardian Prime

Veteran Allsparker
Citizen
I haven't had cable TV for the last few years. After a few shows I watched during the weekends came to an end, I just wasn't turning my TV on anymore. And cable prices got far too high just to keep a couple channels around.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Almost nothing I want to watch is on Cable pretty much, so it's not even a factor for me anymore. Pretty much all I can think of is Earthspark, but that's available outside cable so...

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
The worst part about YT ads is when the uploader goes to the trouble of putting in chapter breaks and then YT ignores them and just throws in their ads all willy-nilly.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
And let's be real here, while there is a way to block YouTube adverts on mobile (or at least on Android, it's called ReVanced btw), the average person isn't going to be aware of them either.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I have no idea what I'm doing with technology but I'm still surprised how little the average person knows.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
It's all because people are always on their damn phones.

(I've read multiple articles talking about how Generation Z aren't as technologically literate as you might think they are even though they've literally grown up entirely with technology because so many of them exclusively use their phones as their primary computing device, which make things as simple as possible for the end-user)

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I haven't experienced anything Apple since early MacOS, which I only used for film editing. What's wrong with iOS?

Top Bottom