Ninja Turtles - Cowabunga!

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

I'm losing my mind. That's Al Falqua! Where is Katmandu? They only appeared in four issues each in the Archie series. Warrior Dragon? The Asian firefighter boyfriend of Archie April?

That's Ninjara at 0:43! But who's the person on the right? Chuen? The mobster guy who bonded with his guard dog?

Cudley the Cowlick is a given cameo but all the other are amazing! Is there a video or page that identifies them all?

Who's that human guy with the animals? Toon Hamato Yoshi? Where is Verminator X Manx?!
You're asking all the same questions I am.

And yes, that was Chien Khan.

Except that last one, which human guy with animals? I saw a human guy, and I saw the Uncanny Trio, but...

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Yes, the Uncanny Trio, which was in one issue of Archie? I hope there's other screens we haven't seen yet, so we can see Verminator X, the Mighty Mutanimals, maybe Null, other wrestlers since Ace Duck was there already.

The rats with the human guy makes me think it's human Hamato Yoshi. Maybe?

Seeing Al Falqua but not with Katmandu is weird, even though they don't really work together. They only had their stories follow each other then got mind controlled when they reappeared.

Why are Ninjara and Warrior Dragon so small looking? Why the hex is Chien Khan so cool looking?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-21-20-22-09-765_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-21-20-22-09-765_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 65

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Some behind the scenes stuff for Mutant Mayhem...and some shenanigans.

At least ONE of those joke-pizzas looks like it could actually be alright.

D.M

Citizen

Well step aside Transformers and G.I. Joe cuz here come the TMNT to join the butchered show club.

Intro and outro music's gone and replaced with cheap remakes (God forbid a multibillion dollar corporation pays the composers what they're owed to)
Scenes got cut. No, it's not to make a movie edit because then the title cards would go poof as well.
Resolution got cut in half because to bunch of these companies deinterlacing is basically quantum physics. (And nope, it ain't Ai upscale, but old fashioned resizing)

If anyone's willing, tweet at Nickelodeon, demand them to rectify this.
Else it's gonna be like with Transformers and G.I. Joe, botched versions dominating the media for decades...

Shadewing

Citizen
I mean I feel like they're only doing this so they can have a show on air to promote the new movie, kinda, due to the writer's strike so they did this as quickly and cheaply as possible.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
God forbid a multibillion dollar corporation pays the composers what they're owed to
Not that this isn't true, but is that necessarily the case here? I thought Fred Wolf Films owned the original TMNT cartoon lock, stock, and barrel. If Nick paid anyone for the rights to the music, wouldn't it be them? Is there any sort of assurance the composers would see any of that?

spikeriley

Citizen

Well step aside Transformers and G.I. Joe cuz here come the TMNT to join the butchered show club.

Intro and outro music's gone and replaced with cheap remakes (God forbid a multibillion dollar corporation pays the composers what they're owed to)
Scenes got cut. No, it's not to make a movie edit because then the title cards would go poof as well.
Resolution got cut in half because to bunch of these companies deinterlacing is basically quantum physics. (And nope, it ain't Ai upscale, but old fashioned resizing)

If anyone's willing, tweet at Nickelodeon, demand them to rectify this.
Else it's gonna be like with Transformers and G.I. Joe, botched versions dominating the media for decades...

I agree with the theme, as Viacom does not seem to want to pay the money to obtain the rights to the theme song from Lionsgate. However, this has to be the worst renditioning I have ever heard (even worse than the version heard during the TMNT event of Jetpack Joyride).

As for scenes, yeah, it seems there are some segments missing, one of the worst offenders is cutting off the ending of the first episode, as well as removing the commercial break fade in and outs, but it seems the episode plot are somewhat intact (no scenes removed because they were filler or could be found nowadays as insensitive, especially Splinter's flashback of the Foot Clan dojo, as the guards of the sensei could be seen as a negative Asian stereotype, and they even kept the only character who can keep the Turtles at bay, Machine Gun Grandma).

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
IMG_2570.jpeg

Found these at Target yesterday. I never had any of the mutating turtles as a kid. Nice to have them now.

IMG_2571.jpeg

They only have Raph and Leo. If I ever see Donny and Mikey, I'll have to nab them.

IMG_2572.jpeg

It's not the best transformation ever, but it works well enough. It's nice that the accessories also change to a degree.

But yeah, Target's been getting quite a bit of TMNT stuff lately.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

(Don't get too excited, they always put Captain Falcon in the place of potential spoiler characters.)

Deathy G1

Citizen
Last night while hunting for the Toxitron deluxes, I found the Movie Star TMNT reissues at Walmart. Donnie was tempting...

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
So I watched one of the old 80’s cartoons on Nicktoons and it looks like it’s unaltered so far. Still the original music. Whatever was done on YouTube must have been just for it.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Saw Mutant Mayhem yesterday and had an absolute ball with it!

During the chase scene when they transition from the regular What's Goin On to the HeMan meme version had my consciousness transcend to a higher plane. 100% bliss!

Top Bottom