Ninja Turtles - Cowabunga!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Um... I kinda got to disagree, when the PR show this crossovered with had:
Everything you talk about following this line was all post-Next Mutation. I was talking about at the time when Next Mutation was still new, which was during the era of the much-reviled Power Rangers Turbo. AFTER that is when Saban got a sudden jolt of quality. The PRIS crossover ep debuted after all production of Next Mutation had ceased due to cancellation.

Shadewing

Citizen
Everything you talk about following this line was all post-Next Mutation. I was talking about at the time when Next Mutation was still new, which was during the era of the much-reviled Power Rangers Turbo. AFTER that is when Saban got a sudden jolt of quality. The PRIS crossover ep debuted after all production of Next Mutation had ceased due to cancellation.

2544"Shell Shocked"Blair TreuJudd LynnFebruary 27, 1998
13–16"Unchain My Heart"Rob Stewart (Part 1),
Otta Hanus (Part 2),
Scott Ateah (Part 3 & 4)
Rhonda Smiley
(Part 1 & 3),
Barry Julien (Part 2),
Dan Clark (Part 4)
February 6, 1998[3][4] (Part 1)

February 13, 1998[5] (Part 2)

February 20, 1998[6] (Part 3)

February 27, 1998[7] (Part 4)

Next Mutation had 26 episodes. So still had 10 episodes left.

wentwood

Citizen
After The Next Mutation it will be TMNT 2003.

My set is to finish the run I had started on Netflix Disk rental.

At that time I was about to start the 5 part Turtles In Space.

Resuming with Episode 05 after Next Mutation 26 Who Needs Her?

I had recently finished the 1987 series and am continuing with Next Mutation before I watch 2003.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Sadly, buffoonery seem to be the very thing that Saban loved having for most villain characters in shows they made for kids, live action or animated. At least, at that time.
In fairness, the heroes weren't much better half the time, at least in Next Mutation.

wentwood

Citizen
I placed my episodes in series order for TMNT with place holders for the 03 episodes (18 disks) which I plan to get eventually.

The movies have been placed after the 2012 episodes.

wentwood

Citizen
At the time you had Ninja Storm - RPM running while the 03 series was on but when MMPR started TMNT had run Series VI of 1987.

I missed TMNT 03 as I didn't have Fox Box at the time.

wentwood

Citizen
Finishing 2012 on DVD as I didn't have Nick at the time this run was on but I later had watched most of it on Hulu.

Finishing the episodes I missed. Refresher completed.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
FB_IMG_1687803402396.jpg

Saw this pic after watching Clothes don't make the turtle on repeat.

Needs a Donnie version. I miss Rise.

Shadewing

Citizen
Who is the one between Rise and Bay Leo? IDW? Also if its using Live Action, due to Bay; then its also missing Orginal Live Action and Next Mutation, As well as I believe Image Comics Leo,

wentwood

Citizen
I have 16 episodes left of TMNT 2012.

Most of Tales Of The TMNT had run on Nick Toons and not a lot of cable servers had it.

This is also why I'm watching Tales Of The TMNT on DVD.

Shadewing

Citizen
That was my guess. The only comics versions accounted for here seem to be the OGs.

Possibly because they got animated themselves a couple of times.

I'd forgotten that movie had its own unique art style for the Turtles, and looking it up, yeah that seems to be the origin.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I'd forgotten that movie had its own unique art style for the Turtles, and looking it up, yeah that seems to be the origin.
When watching it, it did strike that the Batman vs. the TMNT Turtles most resembled the 2003 cartoon Turtles.

In fact, the whole movie felt like a crossover between the Turtles of the 2003 cartoon and the world of The Batman cartoon (though, Troy Baker did an amazing impression of both Kevin Conroy's Batman and Mark Hamill's Joker).

wentwood

Citizen
I finished TMNT 2012 today on DVD.

Overall it was solid as a full series but would have been better served had Lone Rat And Cubs aired first for the opening episode.

A a whole the 2012 series had a strong story to back up the run.

Series IV expanded on the Turtles In Space aspect so it felt more flushed out.

It was unexpected to see Bebop And Rocksteady switch sides in the finale but good that Karai had joined the team sooner.

Deathy G1

Citizen
Well this was certainly a surprise find at the local Walmart while on vacation:

IMG_2091.jpeg

I had no idea more reissues were coming out. I also saw Genghis Frog and Wingnut & Screwloose, which I believe are new. Rat King is supposedly in the wave based on the packaging, but I didn’t see one.

I wanted this Baxter figure so badly as a kid, but my Mom refused to get it for me (or let me use my allowance) because it was “too gross-looking.” I’ve almost pulled the trigger on the Ultimate figure a few times and also had the 2012 Baxter Fly, but this is my first original.

Here’s hoping for a Slash soon to join my Slash display.

wentwood

Citizen
Completed
DVD

TMNT 1987
TMNT 2012
TMNT - Out Of The Shadows

TV Or Stream

Turtles Forever
Rise Of The TMNT The Movie

In Progress

DVD

TMNT 2003
Next Mutation

Place holder set til I can get the Nick release. I'm starting the 2003 run and will finish what's left on Nick DVD.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Nice find, Deathy! I already had the original, but boy oh boy am I glad they're doing these reissues. I've been able to patch up some of the holes in my own collection,

I just read the last of Armageddon Game. That last fight was...not epic. I don't know. The whole story arc just didn't feel as big to me as they were trying to portray it.

It also didn't help that the last issue of AG was released two weeks after the main line issue that was supposed to deal with the aftermath.

MHO

Top Bottom