Ninja Turtles - Cowabunga!

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I'm going to try and save it for reading after Armageddon Game finishes up. Even the Street Fighter crossover seems to be taking place AFTER Armageddon Game, though, so I might have already been spoiled a bit.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I thought about holding out out for AG to finish up, but who knows how long it'll take?

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Right now, it's July 5. So that is a little while to wait. I was thinking it's been a while since the last TMNT issue came out.

Yeah, given that it's taking over two months to get the book out, I'm thinking either there were issues with a slower artist...or they had to change something in the book, basically last minute. We shall see.

wentwood

Citizen
With the movies out of the way it frees me up to finish TMNT 2003 and 2012 on DVD.

Last edited:

wentwood

Citizen
I own all of TMNT up to Rise Of The TMNT which I'm waiting for a disk set for it.

TMNT 2012 had gotten a full release but I own all of them except Half Shell Heroes.

wentwood

Citizen
TMNT 2003 full series set will release for $60.00 on July 25 2023.

Except for Rise Of The TMNT this now means that every chapter of TMNT is on US DVD.

18 disks with Turtles Forever.

I figured this

Last edited:

Deathy G1

Citizen
I think I prefer 2012 to 2003, but admittedly they are close. I've got a huge soft spot for Shredder, Krang, Rocksteady, Bebop and Baxter from the Fred Wolf series though. I just never really liked the Turtles that much in it outside of Don.

Shadewing

Citizen
I think I prefer 2012 to 2003, but admittedly they are close. I've got a huge soft spot for Shredder, Krang, Rocksteady, Bebop and Baxter from the Fred Wolf series though. I just never really liked the Turtles that much in it outside of Don.

I find that I do as well. 2003 TMNT is a really good series that is fairly dark and mature, and really in spirit to the original comics. But 2012 I think is my ideal tone for a series. I've mentioned before that its basically the mid point between the 80's series and 2003 series. It can be dark and mature, it doesn't much shy away from death (aside for Nick's censors) but it also just fully embraces the camp elements of the franchise, it isn't afraid to be completely absurd when it wants.

wentwood

Citizen
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
The Next Mutation

The opening theme and BG as well as the end theme were swapped due to rights issues.

Too bad Shout Factory couldn't get rights to that version from 1998.

It's still good to have a full set on DVD.

wentwood

Citizen
I have a full set for TMNT 03 I'm watching and will re watch Next Mutation.

For 03 there's a DVD Video icon on the disks and my set includes Back To The Sewer.

Will get the Nick set eventually.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Next Mutation had enough good ideas to keep me watching, but the execution was usually pretty miserable. I kept hoping it would get better, but it never did.

I really wish there had been ancillary media, like a comic or something, that could have done something right by them.

1687597163018.png
1687597198564.png

Dragon Lord, for example. So much awesome there.

Name? Great. Basic, but it does everything it needs to.

Design? Awesome. Hard to mess up a humanoid dragon.

Premise? An ancient dragon warrior king who has been freed from imprisonment and wants to eat the Turtles so he can acquire the power he believes made them what they are? That's awesome. Pretty hardcore, too. Takes "Tonight, I dine on Turtle Soup" to the next level Shredder only dreamed about.

Depiction? ...yeah, buffoonery just really hamstrung the guy. Pretty sure that at least half of whatever kids came up with when playing with the toys ran better than how he was portrayed in the show most of the time.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Depiction? ...yeah, buffoonery just really hamstrung the guy. Pretty sure that at least half of whatever kids came up with when playing with the toys ran better than how he was portrayed in the show most of the time.
Sadly, buffoonery seem to be the very thing that Saban loved having for most villain characters in shows they made for kids, live action or animated. At least, at that time.

Shadewing

Citizen
Sadly, buffoonery seem to be the very thing that Saban loved having for most villain characters in shows they made for kids, live action or animated. At least, at that time.

Um... I kinda got to disagree, when the PR show this crossovered with had: Astronema
The Kidnapped sister of the Red Ranger brainwashed to be Evil, and then Brainwashed harder when she started to turn good to the point she was trying to take the place of the BBEG
, Ecliptor her loyal and badass general
Who is also kinda her father figure
Darkonda the Tarantulus-seque asshole, Dark Specter the BBEG, The Psycho Rangers aka the best evil ranger team ever. The only buffoon they had was Elgar who was a carry over from Turbo, and also largly "Sir not appearing in this series" He'd show up now and then, but was almost completely absent. Yeah, Turbo before this was very buffoonish in its villians, least till Judd Lynn took over, but that's kinda the sentai's fault to a degree as Carranger was a very comedic Sentai so they had a lot of weird and goofy footage to work with, more the usual.

Then you got Lost Galaxy, the next series after Space, that also lacked in Buffoon characters and I can't really think of any. As did Lightspeed Rescue and Time Force had another "barely shows up at all" one. Wildforce... Master Org was kinda a buffoon, but it feels like its done on purpose for the story
Being a human pretending to be an Org, which leads to others questioning and replacing him till the end of the series when he mutates into a real Org
, and then it also depends on how you view Jindrax and Toxica, they were comedic but also tended to be competant, but they could also be annoying.

Top Bottom