Ninja Turtles - Cowabunga!

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
I saw the Mutant Mayhem turtles figures in Target yesterday, they look really solid.and appealing. Especially at that $10 price point.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I don't think this has been posted before. And it's fun enough for a commercial.

I just read the last of Armageddon Game. That last fight was...not epic. I don't know. The whole story arc just didn't feel as big to me as they were trying to portray it.

It also didn't help that the last issue of AG was released two weeks after the main line issue that was supposed to deal with the aftermath.

Yeah, Armageddon Game just kind of...stops, doesn't it? There really isn't even a good enough hook at the end to make us excited for something that's coming up. A lot of things actually happened in the event, but it felt more like they were clearing the board so Sophie Campbell could do anything she wanted to in the future.

In retrospect, LARGE swaths of this event don't really make ANY sense unless you're pretty familiar with the Archie run. They technically introduce the ideas in here, but it only really means anything if you know different things are 100% a reference to those old comics.

The Fake Turtles were a completely wasted tease. They didn't really mean anything in the end.

The Pantheon didn't deserve to go out like that. I was REALLY hoping for a more epic story with these guys. They've been building them up for YEARS...and then they get taken out in one issue...BOO! And the art is...a little hard to parse at times. I guess Chi-You blew them all up...while they were trapped inside a sun?

MAN the stuff with the Four Winds coming back...REALLY happened in the background, didn't it? It feels like they WANTED this to be a big moment...but it happening off screen was a weird choice. With Shredder ruling a alien planet, though, we COULD see that tie up in a pretty fun "Shredder...IN SPACE!" miniseries.

And then there's the Future Shark in the room. I guess Armaggon is coming...later? I expected them to do more with the Time-Shark, the way they were building him up. It's weird he was even introduced in this story, in retrospect.

Metalhead coming back is...okay. I'm not against it, but I'm not hyped, either.

So, yeah, this event was a complete jumble. I was waiting to see if it managed to tie everything together at the end, but they didn't manage to do that. It feels like this was just Tom Waltz using what notes he had left for the comic, before he handed it over completely to Sophie.

I did finally get to read that issue I was saving for half a month, though! It was...more Mutant Town. The characters fighting with each other almost sounds like it could be a behind-the-scenes look at where the writers and owners want to take the comic going forward, though. I wonder how meta that fight was? Raphael getting arrested by the cops is a visual, though. What is WITH characters ending up in prison right now, though? Goliath over in the Gargoyles comic is arrested, and now Raph! The cops are coming for our childhoods!

Last edited:

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
So the Annual issue came out on Wednesday, but I didn't have the time to read it until now. Trying not to spoil to much, but one of these days there's going to be a future Raph that hasn't lost an eye and I just hope I'm here to see it.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Are Mayhem Donnie figures short packed or something? They seem to be disappearing first. I saw a single Donnie and decided to get him, even though I don't know if I'll like him in Mayhem. I'll open him after I decide.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Are Mayhem Donnie figures short packed or something? They seem to be disappearing first. I saw a single Donnie and decided to get him, even though I don't know if I'll like him in Mayhem. I'll open him after I decide.
From the information I’ve seen…no? Unless retailers are getting some wacky mixes, he shouldn’t be. The Turtles are shipping by themselves with the side characters relegated to another assortment. So unless Playmates IS weighing the assortments to certain characters, they should be even.

The listing of individual Turtles and sets of them on EE would indicate an even case pack, but who knows what Walmart and Target are actually getting.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Everyone hates Donnie.

I mean, I'm not even joking. I've heard he's the least popular Turtle, so he gets kinda back-ended on stuff.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I didn't know that was a thing. But the bigger figures and the ones with voice chips seem to be of equal quantity. Ooooor they're just not sought after like the deluxe / regular figures.

IMG_20230717_212814.jpg

I'm only opening Donnie after I see the Mutant Mayhem movie and decide if I like him or not. Like, CGI Nick Donatello's personality was just his crush on April, eeeeeh.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Could have been his creepy crush on April in the 2012 cartoon. I know a lot of fans were put off by that.

Caldwin

Citizen
IMG_2558.jpeg

I just got this today, though I guess it's been out for almost a week. Nice start to the series. It'll be fun to see where it goes.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I wish I could remember where I heard it -- pretty sure they were a reliable source, but I can't really find anything to substantiate it at the moment.

i do remember it saddened me quite a bit, as I've always loved Donnie... and Mike, my first two Turtles. ...and Raph. ...and Leo.

Caldwin

Citizen
For me, it wasn't that I hated Donnie. I didn't. It's just that Raph and Leo had their share of the spotlight because of their rivalry. Mikey...well if anyone gets the spotlight it's usually him. Meanwhile Donny was just kinda there in the background.

That's gotten better lately, particularly with IDW. I've grown to like him quite a bit more than I used to.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Rise Donnie is an absolute blast. He doesn't take no guff from anybody! He fought against Leo! (In Lair Games, hahaha)

Same as it Never Was was so dang gritty. Worst way for a Shredder to go.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen

I'm losing my mind. That's Al Falqua! Where is Katmandu? They only appeared in four issues each in the Archie series. Warrior Dragon? The Asian firefighter boyfriend of Archie April?

That's Ninjara at 0:43! But who's the person on the right? Chuen? The mobster guy who bonded with his guard dog?

Cudley the Cowlick is a given cameo but all the other are amazing! Is there a video or page that identifies them all?

Who's that human guy with the animals? Toon Hamato Yoshi? Where is Verminator X Manx?!

Top Bottom