Ninja Turtles - Cowabunga!

NovaSaber

Citizen
April...I'm sorry, I know I'm going to catch hell for this, but I have to say it. You know that if/when a character that's always been portrayed as black gets whitewashed, creators will absolutely catch holy hell for it. So it really just pisses me off that we're totally okay with a character that's always been portrayed as white getting blackwashed. Give me hell if you want to, but there's absolutely a double standard. I didn't like it with Rise and I don't like it here.
"Always" is not strictly accurate. She was black in one of the non-canon guest issues of the Mirage comic:
Nice%2BTan%2BApril.jpg

But even in the canon issues (where she was white), she had a perm and a tan for a long stretch, so it's not surprising if some people actually thought she was black when she wasn't.

Shadewing

Citizen
"Always" is not strictly accurate. She was black in one of the non-canon guest issues of the Mirage comic:
Nice%2BTan%2BApril.jpg

But even in the canon issues (where she was white), she had a perm and a tan for a long stretch, so it's not surprising if some people actually thought she was black when she wasn't.

There was an April O'Neil Miniseries, that I never liked the art of; but she always looked kinda mixed raced in the book.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I particularly don't like to see him as a bigot, no matter how honestly he came by it.
I mean, I think it's worth noting that they show him overcoming that.

And let's face it, he's always been wary of people on the surface at the start for reasons like this, they just turned it up to 10 here.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen

I got this from Amazon today. I've been pretty busy with Baldur's Gate 3, Mortal Kombat 1 and Shredders Revenge lately. I'm also setting October aside for a Friday the 13th marathon. So it may be a while before I get to this.

I did watch just enough of Turtles Forever to confirm it was the TV edit. Not that I was expecting the uncut version, but I was hoping. I guess the uncut version has passed out of existence...at least in region1 places.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I did watch just enough of Turtles Forever to confirm it was the TV edit. Not that I was expecting the uncut version, but I was hoping. I guess the uncut version has passed out of existence...at least in region1 places.
It never even made it to home media in Region 1. It only ever surfaced on 4Kids's website.

Can't speak for any other regions if they ever got the uncut version released or not.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
You see, that's the problem with streaming. Yay, I get to see it whenever I want with no charge. But then property rights change hands, streaming goes away and the new owners only ever want to release the inferior version that most people already have.

Seperate note, like I said before, it'll be a while before I get to it. But I suppose I can do reaction posts like I did before. I'm pretty sure I've seen a vast majority of these though, at least up until Fast Forward.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Seperate note, like I said before, it'll be a while before I get to it. But I suppose I can do reaction posts like I did before. I'm pretty sure I've seen a vast majority of these though, at least up until Fast Forward.
That would be fun.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
Well, I just finished a Friday the 13th marathon. So when I saw this at Target today, I had to get it.

IMG_2720.jpeg

It came with a maskless face as well, but I'll probably keep that in my parts bin.

IMG_2722.jpeg

It's just a shame Mark Pellegrini doesn't post here anymore. I'm sure he'd have something to say about this.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Kids and I watched the newest movie this past weekend. It actually was quite fun, and I loved the Kaiju battle at the end.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Finally revealed Mattel's crossover with MOTU figure line. Looking real cool!

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I saw a Rafael figure from the TMNT arcade game at Ross yesterday. I was extremely tempted to get it, but I was already buying a lot of other toys.

Top Bottom