Mayhems tangled mess of controler cords

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
Stealth Rock got nerfed too. It's just a poison effect.
Oh yeah, it was basically a direct attack when Cleavor used it on me. To be fair, in its original state, it’d be pretty useless with like, a dozen trainer battles, most with just a single pokemon and no PVP.
They changed sleep as well. its more like confusion now.
Now this one i don’t expect to stick. Drowsy already exists in the mainline games even if just the pre-sleep state of yawn.

Palkia is MOTIVATED

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
i feel like this game is gonna influence the main series to a degree if it's successful, but we're more likely to see Legends' style continue in a spin-off series. i hope it's not a one-and-done thing like Let's Go seemed to be, i'd like to see the remakes be handled by ILCA (BW remakes would be better than BDSP simply bc they're remakes of BW - those are two of the best games in the series and don't need as many changes to make them not suck the way DP did lol)

i don't know how they're gonna pull it off with Unova or Kalos, we already know people have been working with the pokemon of those regions for centuries (or in Kalos' case, millennia), unless they basically say "nobody bothered to actually study Pokemon until now" like how in real life there wasn't any scientific categorization of natural life until the 18th century iirc.

Would be interesting to see Legends Unova (prolly Legends Kyurem) deal with the war between brothers or the fallout from the war, might mean we finally get to see the Original Dragon/Kyurem's original form. dunno how legends kalos (Legends Zygarde most likely) is gonna work, 3,000 years ago is too long for even primitive pokeballs like in Legends Arceus.

alola and galar are further off obviously but legends alola could be, like, the first time Necrozma attacked Alola or summat. hopefully they'd introduce some new Ultra Beasts. legends galar... dunno if i'd rather see them do The Darkest Day and make Legends Eternatus, or expand the lore around Calyrex and make Legends Calyrex. i'd sorta prefer the latter, calyrex was actually a really fun character in the Crown Tundra DLC, and the further a hypothetical Legends Galar gets away from SwSh's main plot thread the better lol

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
(BW remakes would be better than BDSP simply bc they're remakes of BW - those are two of the best games in the series and don't need as many changes to make them not suck the way DP did lol)
BDSP came out boring because they didn't change much of anything. Didn't even use Platinum's updated dex. Plus the always-on EXP Share mechanic means you're either skipping a ton of trainer battles or always over-leveled, so a series not known for being difficult in the first place is now even easier.

unluckiness

Citizen
Late game bosses still stomp most people regardless of the levels because of optimized IVs, EVs, moves and items. Most people I know got through with the (admittedly also forced and bullshit) friendship mechanic

Last edited:

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
bad character design.png

i love how pyra is still the first result for "bad character design" on google. she's pretty bad but she's not even close to being the absolute worst character design from xenoblade 2 bc Dahlia Exists, lolol
1644388556286.png

the sad thing is if dahlia had, like, an anthro bunny face instead of a human face, she'd actually be a lot better in terms of character design. her boobs are still ridiculously huge, but she wouldn't fall flat on her face into the uncanny valley
1644388763386.png

see? her spine is still screwed up and her dress is still basically just cling wrap, but this is already an Improvement

unluckiness

Citizen
Xenoblade 2 was just Fate without the tenuous history theme. And somehow less lewd despite like half the blades.

pyra’s a decent design overall aside from the ridiculous shorts. Actually, I take that back. Shorts are supposed to cover more than half your ass

Last edited:

Sharkshadow

Citizen
i was excited for kirby till i saw mouth mode or whatever its called. that never released outside of japan rpg doesn't look bad though.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
xenoblade 3 actually looks good. most of the character designs (aside from hammer girl) are good-to-great, and the stupid gacha blades system seems to be gone.

wait. is this how pokemon fans who disliked sword and shield felt when they became cautiously optimistic for legends arceus?

Last edited:

unluckiness

Citizen
I'll have to see how they tweak Xenoblade's gameplay. Might buy Fire Emblem and Kirby. Was always going to get Advance Wars. Like Front Mission but gonna have to see how Squeenix bungles that first.

Sharkshadow

Citizen
Are they still making mainline game Dynasty Wars games? or did they run out of medieval Chinese peasants to put into the blender?

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Dynasty Warriors 9 came out in 2018 and it got an expansion pack that came out in December in Japan and in a few days over here.

Top Bottom