Mayhems tangled mess of controler cords

Sharkshadow

Citizen
i did not know the company behind left for dead were still making games like it. ive been playing Army of the dead four lately and its a lot of fun. minus the zombie panzer 4. i could do without that boss.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Left 4 Dead even with minimal mods is more fun than back 4 Blood tbh. It's not bad per se just kind of mediocre all around in terms of gameplay and detail while the only thing it really has over Left 4 Dead is graphics. I dunno, L4D's age shows on that front but it's pretty tolerable.

Sharkshadow

Citizen
this is just l4d with a ww2 skin over it. was a fun little campaign if a little short. Started up the Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition and surprising no one that games pretty good.

Sharkshadow

Citizen
ran into one itsy bitsy little problem. that flash bang attack the Watchers do gave me a migraine. are they the only enemy that dose that?

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Turns out that the dumb new FNAF game was what broke my cousin's computer. It caused the computer to overheat so much that the cooling fan stopped working properly.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
ran into one itsy bitsy little problem. that flash bang attack the Watchers do gave me a migraine. are they the only enemy that dose that?
And their upgraded form, the Redeye Watchers. Easiest way around it is to just shoot them in the eye. Or start upgrading your stealth kill skill tree and killing them before they can spot you.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Been playing The Sims 4 a lot recently because I bought a couple of expansions since they were all half-off on Amazon.

And honestly, while Sims 4 is far from a perfect game and I can easily list some of the flaws I have with it, if you listen to some people in the community, you'd think TS4 is a completely unplayable POS that has absolutely zero redeeming qualities whatever.

It's so funny too because it's basically a cycle. I was too young to experience the transition from The Sims to The Sims 2, but I remember when The Sims 3 came out and so many people criticized the game and how bad it was in comparison to TS2, which was of course a completely flawless game with zero bugs whatsoever. But now that The Sims 4 is the current game, it's become the target and The Sims 3 has joined The Sims 2 in being 'absolutely flawless and perfect'.

And I guarantee you whenever The Sims 5 comes out, people will start acting like TS4 had zero problems and was a certified masterpiece.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Sims 4 caught flak at release because it cut basic features that were present in base Sims games prior to sell them as expansion DLC IIRC. I don't think the dislike was primarily about the quality of the game per se.

Devil May Cry 2 is scientifically not a part of the franchise because it lacks two essential parts: pizza and Dante getting stabbed with his own sword. Currently going through my playthrough of all the games since i have nothing better to do and the difficulty scaling on 1 is kinda bullshit

Last edited:

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Eh, that's not strictly true. Like yeah Sims 4 was missing a ton of features that previous Sims games had at launch, but a good chunk of these features have since been added as free updates, they're not selling them back to players in expansion packs.

Like I found this old page that lists 89 features missing in Sims 4 at launch (although 11 of them are listed as 'likely true yet still unconfirmed', so it's more '78 features missing') here: https://web.archive.org/web/2014090...541924952/89-features-missing-from-the-sims-4 and like I'm gonna go through that list to check how many of those features have since been added to the game (and I'm talking about the base game here, so excluding expansions and shit):
  1. Eh this one is controversial because what counts as a 'normal' career? I'd say business, culinary, and writer all count as 'normal' jobs and they're in the base game (and two of them were at launch).
  2. Swimming pools were added in a free update only a couple months after launch (game launched September 2014, swimming pools were added November 2014)
  3. Terrain tools were added in 2018
  4. Story progression was just added back in November (under the name 'Neighborhood Stories') and they've confirmed they're going to be rolling out the feature fully over several updates (like the first update focuses on Sims your household already knows but they plan on expanding it all Sims and adding settings so you can fine-tune what changes neighbor Sims can and can't have)
  5. Toddlers were added in 2017
  6. Obviously there is a Mac version of the game now (but is that really a 'feature' and really only Sims 3 actually launched day and date with both Windows and MacOS)
  7. You can have separate foundations per different buildings on a lot now, you just have to have at least one tile of space between them.
  8. Buildings can now be a maximum of four floors in height and not three (that's still less than Sims 3 having five floors, but foundations and friezes don't count as floors like in The Sims 3)
  9. There are bartender NPCs in the game
  10. Basements were added in 2015
  11. Favorites (under the name 'Likes and Dislikes') were added last May
  12. There is full face makeup
  13. You can hire a gardener
  14. Ghosts were added in October 2014
  15. The move objects cheat was added in December 2014
  16. Opacity sliders for makeup was added in December 2020
  17. There are random/accidental deaths (admittedly they are harder to do know)
  18. You can hire repairmen in the game
  19. Skin sliders were added in the same update that added the opacity slider for makeup in December 2020
  20. Swimming and swimwear were added in the same update that added swimming pools in November 2014
  21. Dishwashers were added in 2015
  22. High chairs are in the game
  23. A single hot tub was added in 2020 (hilariously this was like 5 years after a stuff pack added hot tubs in 2015 and, to be fair, The Sims 3 base game never had hot tubs, it was only Sims 1 and Sims 2 that had them in the base game at launch)
  24. The Sims 4 released a 64-bit version in December 2015 and since November 2019, the 64-bit version is the only supported version of the game. If you're using a 32-bit PCs or non-Metal Macs, then you have to use the Legacy Edition which is only compatible with features released before the November 2019 update.
  25. The Sims 4 does not have an equivalent to The Sims 3 Store at all, so saying that 'Simpoints are incompatible' is irrelevant because that's not even a thing in Sims 4
  26. This isn't a 'feature' but there is no 'Premium Membership' in The Sims 4. There was some shit where an EA trailer for the game showed a 'The Sims 4 Premium' in the gallery that said you could save on expansion packs with early access and exclusive items but other than a preorder listing on a single French online retailer for The Sims 4 Premium (and said retailer later sent emails to people who preordered saying that the release date was moved from October 2014 to an unknown date), there has not been anything about any form of premium subscription in The Sims 4. It was probably a planned feature that was canned.
  27. Family trees were added in February 2015

So excluding the 'Simpoints' thing and the 'Premium membership' thing, 25 of 87 features missing in Sims 4 at launch have been added via free updates and who knows how much more will be added to the game since it is still being updated.

And sure, you can definitely argue that the game should have had at least most of the features from the previous games at launch, but then you learn about the development of the game and like the devs were just dealt with a bad hand.

Basically The Sims 4 began development in 2008 as 'The Sims Olympus' and was meant to be an entirely online multiplayer game where you could only control one Sim at a time and all other Sims would be controlled by other players. But then the financial risks, poor responses from play testers, and the backlash that SimCity 2013 received meant that the Sims team had to completely rework the game from an 'online-only multiplayer game' to 'single-player game that only requires online for activation, updates, and optional features and can otherwise be played completely offline' only like a year and a half before launch.

This is also why the game has simulation lag at times because the game code for Sims 4 is still divided into a separate server and client sections that was leftover from the original online version and it has to transfer the data between them and that can have issues at higher game speeds/when you have a lot of Sims on the lot/in complex builds + why there's little difference in appearance between teen, young adult, and adult Sims (and why babies are objects, there were no toddlers at launch, children don't have much to do, and there were no family trees originally) because Olympus wasn't going to have life stages at all, all Sims would be young adults and they had to basically tack that on that feature.

And hey the game still runs better than Sims 3, that game ran like dogshit because of poor optimization and still does run like dogshit without mods.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Okay then I remember checking it out after launch and ducked out when there was nothing to do in the base game.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
You can blow the railguns off its back with tearblast arrows, then pick it up and use it against it.

Don't do this. It's a trap. Aloy is too slow while carrying a heavy weapon to keep up with a Thunderjaw.

Sharkshadow

Citizen
i learned that the hard way in a fight with a pair of ravagers. Also itd be real cool if youtube didn't put cutscene spoilers in my recommended list.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Pokeyman leaks are out in the wild. I like most of what I see of the new ones but there's a couple that look like Jojo stands in the worst possible way. Also, some of the new mon stat distributions are farcically trivial like why bother even changing 5 stat points around.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm still in awe of the big G1 prototype leak. That stuff wasn't supposed to exist anymore.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
i'm just a couple of hours into legends arceus and already i'm just exploring everything i can.

i feel like i'm playing BOTW for the first time again, except there's pokemon in it.

Top Bottom