Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's the TLK writers room all over again. They came up with ideas for a series of movies and then decided to do them all at once.

unluckiness

Not Mecha-Broccoli
Citizen
I thought it was gonna be packed with the three new factions as is. Even the 2000's Fantastic Four knew better than to actually bring Galactus to Earth and those fools made him a cloud!

we haven’t even seen Megatron yet FFS

Last edited:

unluckiness

Not Mecha-Broccoli
Citizen
ROTF was a bog-standard TF ancient evil+macguffin plot when boiled down. It's like Michael Bay got an unpaid intern to wrtie a cliffnotes for Energon or something.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I thought it was gonna be packed with the three new factions as is. Even the 2000's Fantastic Four knew better than to actually bring Galactus to Earth and those fools made him a cloud!

we haven’t even seen Megatron yet FFS
I kind of dig the idea of this new “trilogy” being some sort of ”divergent time line” deal. I’m daring to hope that they play with the idea that, with the Maximals maybe coming from the future, you can “rewrite” the Bay films.
I’m totally on board with them “Days of Future Past”-ing the franchise at this point. I’m just sad it doesn’t look like we’ll see my preferred Beast Wars plot: Beast Megatron coming from the future to kill Optimus Prime and change the future with the Maximals having to try and stop him. In (semi) present time.
Was ROTF the writers strike one?
Yes

unluckiness

Not Mecha-Broccoli
Citizen
With how Bumblebee already rebooted the franchise, I don't really see the value of exhuming the Bayverse for the express purpose of retconning it away. Granted, X-Men also did this but the movies after First Class were mediocre at best.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Since I have zero confidence in this movie, I hope they seal Unicron in Earth just to pretend this is still possibly a prequel to the Bay series. The reactions will provide more entertainment than the movie ever could.

unluckiness

Not Mecha-Broccoli
Citizen
I want them to pretend the world's ending and that Unicron's about to start eating earth before Optimus remembers that he has the Matrix sitting between his pecs and it magically poofs everything away.

unluckiness

Not Mecha-Broccoli
Citizen
It can actually stand pretty well so it's automatically superior to the last Skids mold, though I do wish it hid the hollowness a bit better.

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
My walmarts are entirely out of the speed planet deluxes, so I missed my shot at burnout it seems, should I grab a lingering Skids or hope crankcase eventually makes it to retail

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I've started seeing Crankcase in places at Walmarts; they're trickling out, anyway. I'm kind of torn about Legacy Skids, because I like Burnout and Crankcase, probably going to get Crosscut, will try for Medix, and I'm wondering if Reboost is in the pipeline sometime. So, I almost feel obligated to get Skids and have the full set, but I also like my Generations Skids, as it strongly resembles the Chevy Sonic I drive (though Burnout would have been a closer color match).

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Honestly imagine telling someone ten years ago that a time will come where Transformers toys using Diaclone color schemes that were originally unused for Transformers won't just be the realm of things like eHobby or BotCon exclusives but stuff you can just buy at like regular retail and some of these toys will outright say they're from the 'Diaclone Universe'.

Then imagine telling them two of these releases won't even have actual names but partially reuse the ID numbers of the Diakron releases of the toys.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Prices suck but the stuff we have now is incredible. I am not nostalgic for RTS and early Generations.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I still haven't seen a new G1 Prime that interested me enough to replace the Classics Voyager. Most of the rest, though, I have mixed feelings about.

unluckiness

Not Mecha-Broccoli
Citizen
I hope those Generations selects are making Hasbro money because I see piles and piles of them at clearance, and its always the obscure ones like red Hoist or black Ironhide.

Granted, some of that is shipping in solid cases of one toy but I don't see nearly as many mainline toys or the toy deco Selects on clearance.

Last edited:

Top Bottom