Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Someone at Hasbro has a vendetta against Powermaster Prime and will never allow a proper update to happen.

unluckiness

Not Mecha-Broccoli
Citizen
Powermaster Prime was screwed over by being made smackdab in the middle of TR. Unfortunately, that means as far as HasTak is concerned, they've ticked that box already and I wouldn't expect one anytime soon.

This is the best combining trailer ever. They nailed it.
Officially, definitely. This one is still my #1 for the sheer amount of reshaping there is between box mode and Movie Jetfire parts., even if the 1/4 trailer big gun is a bit of a copout.
jprc.png

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I forgot that one exists.

It's impressive, but one thing I always liked about the Armada trailer is that it doesn't separate into chunks. It remains one whole unit like Powermaster Prime, but leaves a lot more for the cab to do. It's the only combo that tries to treat the two components as roughly equal, meeting in the middle instead of one or the other forming 90% of the robot.

unluckiness

Not Mecha-Broccoli
Citizen
It’s not a terrible mold as the PMOP version but not having the smaller robot mode is a pretty big strike against it and the post hoc engineering for God Ginrai shows how much the base mold simply wasn’t designed for it.

Last edited:

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Here's my confession: I have never been able to get Godbomber back into vehicle mode.

Maybe I'm just dumb but I just leave him in robot mode unless I feel like making God Ginrai and then I remember when I don't do that because like yeah I think the figure is totally fine as Super Ginrai but as God Ginrai? Yeah all that added stuff doesn't help. Even with the different backpack configuration I use so the wings aren't randomly above his back.

Like it certainly looks cool as far as I'm concerned but I definitely don't leave him in that mode.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
LG God Ginrai is inexcusably bad for how much experience Takara has with that kind of combination.

unluckiness

Not Mecha-Broccoli
Citizen
The feet are awkward as Super Ginrai and don't even attach to the Godbomber parts very well. I have no idea why they were designed that way. The wings sit too high and look doofy.

Otherwise, it's decent; just not worth the LG Ginrai+Godbomber prices or buying $200 of unrelated toys+Godbomber. I'd be a lot more forgiving at Hasbro retail prices but that woudn't work since they did a LOT of retooling but the results were mediocre at best.

Last edited:

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Just looking at pictures, I think the only stuff that's unchanged between TR PMOP and LG Super Ginrai is like...the shoulders, the crotch, and the legs below the thigh swivels but above the feet (obviously).

Probably some like internal hinges and stuff that are unchanged too.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I think it's all changed if we count plastic colors, and those are definitely an improvement.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If that's what they were going for, they nailed it. I've seen a few originals with very similar colors.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
While I do enjoy LG God Ginrai for what it is, I absolutely would not be averse to another go at it. Less fiddly, more chonk and more solid. (More solid like Devastator, and most of Predaking.) Before revisiting him, tho, Energon Prime and Wing Saber would be rad.

Top Bottom