Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
Spicy take: every Terminator movie is is strict canon. There are no plot holes, it's just that every loop things change and we're not seeing every loop. Like why do Kyle Reese and John Connor keep changing appearance? Because John Connor knows he is fated to meet someone named 'Kyle Reese', but he doesn't always meet the same Kyle Reese.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
They could all be canon but nothing makes me lose interest faster than time travel nonsense. T2 was a good enough jumping off point.

Also octogenarian action movie stars. TBH, putting them through the usual Hollywood filming process sounds like elder abuse.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Citizen
TBH between the toyline becoming g1/BW/whatever with knees, rising prices, increasingly mediocre fiction and my job being what it is, my interest in TF has tanked.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I still buy stuff but unless it's a time where I feel I'm allowed to splurge (birthday and Christmas), I limit myself to 'figures I absolutely 100% want in my collection' or 'on sale/clearance'.

It's why I got Burn Out and Wolfang, they were marked down to like $9 and $14. (Tbh, I was kind of eyeing Burn Out to begin with but like seeing her price was $9 was like a 'Oh shit yeah 100% I'll grab her holy shit'.

This is obviously talking about new figures, if I'm buying used figures it's just 'Do I think this figure looks cool' and 'Is the price decent for it' lol.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Right now I'm only really in it for the SS Dinobots. And I think I preordered Toxitron. Otherwise, rising prices, lowering QC, and lack of interesting characters (I don't care about Random Diaclone G1 Recolor #437, sorry) means I'm not buying much.

Also going into another movie line, and I got tired of that aesthetic four movies ago, so that doesn't do much for me either.

unluckiness

Citizen
I think the beast designs are pretty cool but the colors are terrible. I know movieverse tends towards blocks of a single color but damn.

They're also really samey with their Kingdom toys, which isn't helping.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Bumblebee didn't suck, which made the rest of the movies look worse, so they're gonna double down on the suck now to bring it back down to average.

I dunno, I lost faith two or three trailers ago, now I'm waiting for reviews to decide if I care enough to watch it or if it'll just be TLK all over again. I think that's still behind the TV somewhere and I don't care enough to poke through the dust for it.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I think most of the early reviews for ROTB are positive but also early reviews and Twitter reactions, those always lean positive more often than not.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
It's crazy how ugly this toyline is. How did we get here?
The toys, or the movie? :p

Toys got this way because toy makers no longer sell ONE product line to everyone. Transformers has, effectively, 5 full product lines on the market for Transformers, each targeting different demographics and ages and even preferences.
And the budgets seem biased towards the collector centric product lines over the kids stuff.

Top Bottom