Mayhem Transformers Discussion: United We Shelfwarm

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I like to search 'Takara' on the website for my local toy store to see if anyone's brought in any Japanese Transformers lately.

Someone sold the store a Fire Convoy and God Magnus, I give it a 100% likelihood they sold them because of the Haslab Omega Prime lol.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Was randomly looking at the old 20th anniversary poster Dreamwave put out back then (yeah, Dreamwave was 20 years ago, feel old now?) with every US G1 character on it. It occurred to me that it has Punch, but not Counterpunch. And before someone snarks about them being the same guy, it also has Doubledealer in robot mode on the Autobot side and in bird mode on the Decepticon side. Just an odd observation.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Nice. Those of us who can't afford HasLab might be able to snag an original instead.
well maybe not these ones cuz they're $420 total

(someone has been dropping off lots of cool shit/the store is putting out some cool shit, now they got a build king and a korean release starscream and BB what the ****)

all this stuff is in-box and complete btw. not sealed in box but you know.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
99% of the stuff I see at that store are like 'Whoa that's so cool' and then 'It's too expensive for me to buy though but still cool y'all got it' lol.

(That being said, the store is at least fair with their prices. They're not taking a Transformer that sells for like $40-50 online and asking for $100 or whatever, y'know)

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's a shame those AOE sets came before the days of behind the scenes Instagram posts. I want to know whose idea those were, and why.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Sometimes I think about those two-packs they did during AOE where you had a toy representing the G1 version of the character and the fuckin intern at Hasbro who was designing the packaging art didn't get the memo from the higher ups at Hasbro that 'Strafe' was meant to be the AOE version of Swoop but they didn't have the trademark on 'Swoop', so the packaging for the Strafe one of those two-packs has a pic of G1 Strafe on it lol.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Maybe Hasbro can afford all these layoffs. It does sometimes seem that the circle of people working on a project is so huge that half of them don't know what product they're making.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
All they need nowadays is the engineering team and a couple dudes to read TFWiki or maybe a forum or two to swipe fan digibashes

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
One of the silliest red flags for me in recent years was the Earthrise accessory set. Prime's blaster is wildly oversized. It's obvious that the designer just knew it was supposed to go with a Leader Class Optimus Prime, and was unaware that Leaders have shrunk. He'd never seen Earthrise Optimus Prime.

If you are so far removed from the normal productive flow that you have no idea what products your company is currently making, how important can your job be?

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
The gray plastic is the same shade as the stuff Hasbro thinks is silver so I’m definitely painting that over. Thing’s cheap so I still have a purple and a blue axe boxed since I dunno who to give them to.

Hope they make a clear purple WFC Megatron mace.
IMG_1188.jpeg

IMG_1190.jpeg

Top Bottom