Mass Effect

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
On Omega. They're the one species left that try to comfort the humans in their new status because they're still grateful to Shepard for curing the genophage.

Caldwin

Citizen
You know, the more I play this, the more Liara irritates me during Thessia. I mean, I understand that seeing her planet and people under attack like that sucks. But all I could think of is "damnit, Liara! You're not the only ones." Like seriously, Earth, Palavin, Dekunna...just focus for one hugging minute on the firefight we're knee deep in right now would ya?

Not to mention the Asari was (illegally) hiding a prothean beacon. So let me play the galaxies smallest violin for Thessia right now.

Covert Agent Rodimal

Citizen
Thessia pisses me off for more reasons than that one. Its where the railroad starts. Its absolutely asinine that there is no way to beat Mr Overpowered Ninja man and keep the VI and the clues to catalyst.

I won't even get started on what the Catalyst should have been. I have a whole rewrite of Priority Earth and the ending that maybe I'll detail out one of these days.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
The only homeworld invasions that seem to go remotely well for the defenders are Tuchanka, Rannoch, and Heshtok. The first two because Shepard (unless you screw it up, of course), the last because the vorcha just keep out-adapting the Reaper invasion.

Caldwin

Citizen
Funny enough, Tuchanka and Rannoch (if you're playing your cards right)end up better off after the Reapers than they were before. Because Turians and Salarians were basically backed into a corner, the Krogan got their Genophage cure...and Kalros had herself the best snack she's had in years.

The Quarians regained their home world and their former enemies are now working with them, kickstarting their immune systems and helping them build homes.

Thanks, Reapers!

Edit:

CAR - Yeah, I think Kai Lang pissed off a lot of people there. His candy ass is so easy to beat down, yet because of plot, we lose. But that always irked me. For whatever reason, Liara didn't irk me quite so much before last night when I was just like, damnit, Liara, shut up!

Last edited:

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
Kai Leng is the only reason that I don't consider Jacob the worst major character in the trilogy. It's pretty close, though, not gonna lie.

Especially since Leng is actually kinda interesting and threatening in the novels. Then he comes into the game and.....sucks.

Caldwin

Citizen
Well, I just finished the Illusive Man's base. Kai Leng is dead. All I have to do now is Priority Earth. I'm actually kinda sad be be so close to the end. I've kinda enjoyed playing an engineer. It was different.

Caldwin

Citizen
Holy crap! I just made the Illusive Man kill himself. I've never gotten that option before. Wow! Just...wow! Completed the platinums for 2 and 3 AND I got the persuasion check on the Illusive Man...and got that interrupt on Omega. This has been a heck of a play through!

Caldwin

Citizen
Eh...kinda, not really. Like I kinda view it as 3 main classes and 3 subclasses

Main Classes
Soldier - guns - done
Adept - biotics - done
Engineer - tech - done

Subclasses
Vangaurd -sub of Soldier and Adept - done (and is my go to)
Infiltrator - sub of Soldier and Engineer - not done
Sentinal - sub of Adept and Engineer - not done

So I've done what I consider the main classes. But no, I haven't done Infiltrator or Sentinal.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Holy crap! I just made the Illusive Man kill himself. I've never gotten that option before. Wow! Just...wow! Completed the platinums for 2 and 3 AND I got the persuasion check on the Illusive Man...and got that interrupt on Omega. This has been a heck of a play through!
Huh...thats the solution I got when I played it.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
Can you start an Infiltrator or Sentinel playthrough now or will you be moving on to Andromeda next?

Caldwin

Citizen
I may do one of those at some point. But you seem to be under the impression that Mass Effect is my entire life. Let me assure you, it is not.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
I just figured you were in another Mass Effect phase, not that it's all you ever do.

Caldwin

Citizen
I have some Netflix to catch up on, some Final Fantasy to start a deep dive on and some personal projects that have been on the back burner for too long.

Though an infiltrator run does sound intriguing. Give it some time. You know it's going to happen some time. Just not immediately.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
Infiltrator sucks in 1, just because sniper rifles have so much scope sway that it's hard to line up a good shot until you put some serious ranks into it. They did away with that in 2 and 3, so you can start scopin' and droppin' to your heart's content.

Caldwin

Citizen
Ugh! Maybe not then. Sniping has never been my thing. I enjoyed Engineer while it lasted, especially when it made the Shadow Broker's shields an utter joke, and that part on Omega. But I think next play through I'm going to have to go back to my tried and true Vanguard class.

Top Bottom