LGBQT+ News & Articles

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Won't someone think of the poor cis males? The only reason to have separate gender divisions for chess is to defend the egos of male competitors.
I'm sure there's a joke to be had about "queens" somewhere? ;)

Anyway, I'm surprised that chess is divided by gender/sex at all.

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
Update, someone with more knowledge informed me that there isn't really a "male division". There is an open division, and a female division to encourage more women to get involved in a competition that historically has leaned heavily male. So the seeming double standard for MtF and FtM trans players mentioned in the article is apparently actually equitable. MtF players keep titles earned as any woman participating in the open division would, and FtM players exchange titles earned in the women's division for equivalent titles in the open division to give them a record similar to any other male player of their experience. If this is actually how it works, I can't see any real issue?

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Yeah, beau of the fifth brought this up this morning.

Frankly, she needs to be protected, and sent to the correct institution... But only after she's abjectly ignored by her preferred politicians. So she can truly learn the lesson of "the cruelty is the ******* point".

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Yeah, beau of the fifth brought this up this morning.

Frankly, she needs to be protected, and sent to the correct institution... But only after she's abjectly ignored by her preferred politicians. So she can truly learn the lesson of "the cruelty is the ******* point".
I'm surprised a right-wing group like the Oath-Breakers would tolerate an LGBQT+ person joining their ranks, yet alone someone that supposedly had a leadership role too.

Last edited:

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
It lets them weaponize one group against another group. Then when that other group is taken care of......

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
This isn't really even an issue. It hasn't been covered in the gaming press (as far as I can recall) and it's possibly not even something some right wingers see as an issue.

For anyone interested, here's a perfectly normal, rational critique regarding another video of a whinging, neck-bearded man-baby raging about "Starfield".

There's also an interesting article about it at MSN.

Last edited:

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
It's DEFINETLY an issue, nexus mods has to take a stand about mods that remove the pronoun options from game. Don't hit up the steam discussions: it's usually a pit, but the starfield forums are just... awful. I don't even have the words to describe the kind of troll battlefield hell it is.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Saw said rant a few days ago.... Guy doesn't seem to understand that best SciFi works always touch on the issues of the time they are made. If he wants to complain about the game, I think the title has some legitimate issues to complain about(or so I've heard, haven't had the chance to play it yet). A small amount of trans-inclusive content shouldn't trigger rage in someone like that(It's essentially HOW DARE A GAME CATER TO SOMEONE WHO ISN'T LIKE ME!!!). I think he might need some mental help.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
It's DEFINETLY an issue, nexus mods has to take a stand about mods that remove the pronoun options from game. Don't hit up the steam discussions: it's usually a pit, but the starfield forums are just... awful. I don't even have the words to describe the kind of troll battlefield hell it is.
I meant it hasn't seemed to be enough of an issue to be covered in most of the gaming websites or YouTube vids about Starfield. The game has had its fair share of criticism, but "being woke" wasn't one that cropped up.

Perhaps it was an extremely small minority (just that bloke screaming and a few trolls at associated forums) that has been trying to make it more of an issue?

Also, I'm annoyed because alt-reich Humpty Dumpty seems to have a fair amount of Transformers in his room behind him...

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I just watched Barbie with the missus and it was a much more entertaining film than most, if not all, of the recent Transformers films (TFTM and BB notwithstanding). Such a shame the asleep brigade had to whine on about it.

Some people managed to ridicule them via memes.

Barbie Incel Reviews.gif

Regardless, here's an interesting article about some LGBQT+ Easter eggs in the film:

- https://www.them.us/story/lgbtq-barbie-references-queer-movie-easter-eggs

Last edited:

NovaSaber

Citizen
Vetoing something that the majority of other Democrats in office support is, in fact, not the expected behavior for a Democrat.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
This is 7 months old (at time of posting here) but I just found this video and it was rather interesting to me.

And as a (perhaps comical) retort, here's another, shorter video:

-

Last edited:

Top Bottom