LGBQT+ News & Articles

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Yeah, they literally only screaming about this for visibility, please do not feed the trolls.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen

View attachment 20348
Caitlyn Jenner, a trans woman, wrote on social media Saturday that she is “disgusted” Transgender Day of Visibility is on Easter this year...[and] in 2021, she said trans girls shouldn’t compete in girls’ sports at school. Recently, she said she supported a New York county’s transgender athlete ban...

raw

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Well, she IS a trans conservative. Only reason anyone gives her the time of day is because she's a rich former athlete who got a lot of exposure on reality TV and she happens to be one of the rare right-wing trans people that certain types can trot out as 'one of the good ones'

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
She's their one trans friend that they can point at to say they're totally not transphobes, while also trying to hurt every other trans person they can find.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Well, she IS a trans conservative. Only reason anyone gives her the time of day is because she's a rich former athlete who got a lot of exposure on reality TV and she happens to be one of the rare right-wing trans people that certain types can trot out as 'one of the good ones'
Giving her the benefit of the doubt, I could understand if she was so religiously conservative as to condemn any non-Christian promotion at Easter (such as other religious festivals, capitalist ideals, etc) but I suspect that this was probably not the case here, right?

To me, from my limited exposure to her comments, she seems to be doing something like "biting the hand that feeds her" (for want of a better term).

M. Virion

If Hell is forever, then Heaven must be a lie
Citizen
Caitlyn Jenner is a rich, white Republican first.

No amount of the party telling her to her face that they despise her will ever be enough to shake her from thinking siding with them will protect her 'status' and 'wealth.'

People like her think they can earn acceptance if they throw enough of the rest of us under the bus. But that's not how bigotry has ever worked, and they always learn that lesson too late.

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
The document, titled "Infinite Dignity," reiterates the Catholic principle that individuals cannot alter their gender, as God created men and women with inherent biological differences.
If only there was a word for something like sex but not tied to biology. It's on the tip of my tongue. Gengar? Grenadine? Denger?

On the topic of surrogacy, it flatly states the Roman Catholic Church's opposition, whether the woman carrying a child "is coerced into it or chooses to subject herself to it freely," because the child, according to the church, "becomes a mere means subservient to the arbitrary gain or desire of others."

A woman choosing to have a child is only beautiful so long as she chooses to have it with someone shes married to apparently.

from the AP article on it.
“It follows that any sex-change intervention, as a rule, risks threatening the unique dignity the person has received from the moment of conception,” the document said.

It distinguished between gender-affirming surgeries, which it rejected, and “genital abnormalities” that are present at birth or that develop later. Those abnormalities can be “resolved” with the help of health care professionals, it said.

So altering your sex risks the 'unique dignity' that you were given from the moment of conception, but its totes okay to alter your genitals to match what the church thinks they should look like, because **** that 'unique dignity' that you were given apparently.

Top Bottom