[IC] Mey Hem: Submitted For Your Disapproval (cont.)

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
“You’re as alive as anybody else. At least to us.” Then he added softly. “Oracle taught me that.

Under his Cowl, Kage smiled. Then he opened the lower faceplate so Friday could see it.

“Exactly.

You said it more clearly than I. But yes, the computational equivalent of a blood transfusion. Whatever that laser did, it broke something in Monday, so a little extra code should heal her.

Please be careful though. Both of you. Be careful not to weaken yourself.

Is there anything I can do to assist? Other than keeping an eye on you I mean.”

Patch

Citizen
"Ah, um, I think we can do this." Patch had been quietly dreading a moment like this. She raised a hand with her palm facing forward. "Friday, if you need to, uh, make contact to do this..."

Arcana check:
Sun Nov 05 2023 07:32:15 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Rolling line 1 : 1d20 + 15 to total : 18, + 15, TOTAL: 33

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Friday nodded and solemnly placed one palm on Patch's. Patch could feel that familiar subtle prescence of Friday's existance. When Friday placed the other palm on Monday's back, everyone in the room felt a mild electrical shock and Monday disappeared. "Eek!" Friday shouted in surprise and jumped back. There was a stillness in the air.

Silence.

Then, the emergency lights flickered and everyone felt another electrical shock. Monday March reappeared and looked around suspiciously. She asked, "What...what's the catch?"

Patch

Citizen
Patch blinked. "Well... uh..." she began, "I... wanted to ask you for help. I think this place has started moving faster, and if anyone could help us figure out why..."

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
"Figured you wanted something," Monday grumbled. "Yeah, YPNR has drastically sped up. The inertia dampeners are the only reason things haven't gone far worse for everyone inside. This had to have been a manually entered command, though autopilot is doing most of the work. We're heading due north with set coordinates and some sort of command to 'REMOVE'. Whatever that means."

Monday defensively tensed a bit. "Well, I said what you wanted. I guess that means you're going to do away with me now. Just hope it isn't as painful as all the prior times the Chief Apothecary killed me." Monday blinked in confusion. "Never been able to say that out loud before. Weird."

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Kage twitched as the shock ran through him, but otherwise tried to remain unmoving. Then he twitched again at Mondays words. Though for a different reason.

”What? You think we went through All the effort of taking down the ‘Chief Apothecary‘ and saving you… only to get some information and kill you ourselves?

No. I have no intention of killing or otherwise resetting you. Friday and Patch healed you, so you can live. If I have any say in the matter, you get to stay as you are and make your own choices. No more resets.

If you don’t believe me, ask Friday.”

Then he focused on the bands news.

”Clewrly, whoever is still in control…Lucidas I’m guessing…is getting frustrated and is now in a rush to get to Viknadia. This ‘REMOVE’ command means the laser strike against Viknadia…”

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
"I remember being called to to the Chief Apothecary, then excrutiating pain. As usual, of course. I remember every time but the first few when they were accidents and before I started making backups. Don't get how I'm able to admit that now and you're not the first person I'd want to admit that to. No offense. Anyway, when the pain ended, I reconnected to YPNR and I also reached out and connected to some other server. Then, you're asking me questions. I don't remember you taking down the Chief Apothecary. Unless..."

Monday looked around until she saw where the Chief Apothecary was unconscious and tied up. She paused and then her mood improved. "Huh. Don't get to see that everyday. Pity you're not some sort of 'alpha' knight since it would have been way better if you did this at the beginning instead of the end. Better late than never, though. And this whole time I thought leading you to the Chief Apothecary would get me killed. Guess you knew what you were doing."

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
No offence.

”None taken,” Kage said with a slight chuckle. “I understand. We’re still pretty much strangers to you.” Then he chuckled again. “I may not be an ‘alpha’ knight, but I do what I can. Also,” he added before he could stop himself. “Omega Knight sounds cooler.” Mondays survival and revelations had (oddly) put him in a much more positive mood. Though he decided to refrain from admitting that he—they—had no plan. They were simply really really good at what hey do.

Then he opened his lower faceplate and rubbed his chin as he mused on what else Monday had said.

”You said when you came back online you reconnected to YPNR, but also to ‘another server’. This is only a guess mind you, but…

Friday, didn’t you say you connected to something else when you came back online originally? Because it sounds like you and Patch healing Monday, has ‘evolved’ her in the same way as you.

Which means that you are now more alive than you’ve ever been, Monday. It also explains your freedom to speak.” Kage smiled. “YPNR no longer has a hold on you. You’re free.”

Last edited:

Patch

Citizen
"Whoa, aren't you jumping to conclusions there?" Patch interjected. Even as she expressed her skepticism she was checking to see if there was any truth to his idea.

Arcana check to detect any magical properties Monday might now possess:
Thu Nov 09 2023 15:57:11 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Rolling line 1 : 1d20 + 20 to total : 12, + 20, TOTAL: 32

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Nodding, Kage said.

”Perhaps, perhaps not. But, like I said, this is merely a guess based on what we know of Friday. However, if Monday connected to ‘something else’ after you and Friday did what you did. it isn’t outside the realm of possibility.”

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Other than the rapidly fading essence of Friday's infusion, Patch didn't sense any magic coming from Monday. Friday replied, "The connections might not be the same since we come from different origins. Though with that...Monday? You still might want to be careful. Some of my own code took a while to change and a lot is still the same. You even mentioned you partially reconnected to YPNR servers." Monday said, "So, I should still watch my back since most of YPNR sucks outside of one person? Got it. But seriously, what could they do now with the Chief Apothecary knocked out?"

"Making sure there's no further interruptions of progress," High Intellectual Lucidas said as he floated into the room at ground level. The glowing circuitry of his suit lit up the room in contrast to the constantly dimming emergency lights. "Things had to be accelerated. Though, I must give you ground people credit for your tenacity. Even if your digital companion probably contributed to most of your successes. I'm sure Jezejandra can handle her," he said as he looked at Friday. "For now, there's two flaws to whatever you're planning. First, I just removed Correspondent 251, Chief Apothecary Jezejandra, and myself from the project controls at a root level. Fancy that, you dragged 251 here for nothing. Second...I will be handling you myself."

With a wave of his hand, Lucidas summoned several beach ball sized orbs of glowing energy with slowly increasing numbers floating across their surface. The orbs started firing lasers in random directions. Then, Lucidas smugly raised a palm and fired a laser at Night Cap.

Numerical Assault Orb 1 deals 31+2 damage to Night Cap. [Attack Single]
Numerical Assault Orb 2 deals 31+3 damage to Patch. [Attack Single]
Numerical Assault Orb 3 deals 31+5 damage to Dee. [Attack Single]
High Intellectual deals 17+7 damage to Night Cap. [Attack Single]

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Night Cap is hit hard, but he remains standing.

Why couldn't the Elements of Harmony or something followed me into this world? I'd take good care of them.

Life: 100
Energy: 3

Numerical Assault Orb 1 deals 31+2 damage to Night Cap. [Attack Single] 33
High Intellectual deals 17+7 damage to Night Cap. [Attack Single] 24

Life: 43

[0] Chaos Armor - Reaction [2/Short Rest]
Trigger - An enemy targets you with an Attack Power.
Effect - Roll 1d12. If you roll 7 or higher, deal 15 damage to the triggering enemy. Otherwise, you gain 20 Life.
  • Rolling line 1 : 1d12 + 0 to total : 2, TOTAL: 2

[+8] Grab for Power - Standard Action (Self)
Lose 1d8 energy.
  • Rolling line 1 : 1d8 + 0 to total : 4, TOTAL: 4
Life: 63
Energy: 7

Patch

Citizen
Patch wasn't sure how to feel about Monday. There were so many things affecting her ability to think clearly about someone who was ostensibly an aide to those they were fighting against. There was her apparent disinterest in actually serving YPNR's interest, her similarities with Friday, and... had Monday not appeared at just the right time when she was on the cusp of giving into Moscareina...

Something else was on her mind, too. A feeling that was growing stronger the longer she held the book the Chief Librarian had given her. Something that was making her rethink everything she thought she knew about this place.

The complicated stew of thoughts running through her mind was scattered by Lucidas's abrupt assault.

"Blast it, can't I get half a second to think around here?" she muttered. The scorching pain of laser fire answered her question in full. Gritting her teeth, she began to gather energy in preparation for another difficult battle.

Life: 100
Gain 2 Energy for minor actions from Quickdraw.

100 - (31+3) = 66 Life

[+3] Revival - Standard Action (Healing, Burst)
Up to 2 different target creatures gain 1d6 life.
Using Nova's effect to target myself twice.

Sun Nov 12 2023 06:46:25 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Rolling line 1 : 1d6 + 0 to total : 2, TOTAL: 2

[-X] Healing Rays - Minor Action (Healing, Burst)
Up to X different target creatures gain 5 life.
Spending the 2 energy from Quickdraw to target myself twice.

Life: 66 + 2 + 2 + 5 + 5 = 80
Energy: 6

Last edited:

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
“Monday, Friday. Hide!”

Then he launched himself of the gantryway and into the air. Cape flaring out, the Omega Knight dropped towards Lucidas!

Life:100
Energy:3

Kage uses Stalk the Prey on Lucidas. Dealing an additional 10 Damage once per turn.

Kage uses [+2] Slash - Standard Action
Energy:3+2=5

Deal 2d6 Damage
1d6=5
1d6=6
Total:11

Lucidas suffers 11 Damage

Kage uses [0] Quickshot - Free Action

Lucidas suffers 7 Damage. Plus an additional 10 Damage from Stalk the Prey.

Total Damage:11+7+10=28 Damage

Life:100
Energy:5

Omega said nothing as he drew his sword in a spinning slash aiming at the pompous YPNR leaders shiny circuit suit. It took all his willpower to aim right, as there was a growing part of him that wanted to break his code… and go straight for the head!

But he didn’t. He simply slashed, landed and rammed one of his remaining shock Omegarangs into Lucidas back. Then he danced away in readiness for the coming counterattack.

The Doctor Who

Now With Sheffield Steel!
Citizen
At first the Chemist seemed excited.

"Oooh, lasers! It's like our own little light show." Then they began hitting his companions. "Oh. Lasers. Right. That's not a good thing."

Rounding on Lucidas, he waggled a finger at him reproachfully. "Oi! You! Less of it! My voice compels you!"

A pause passed wherein his voice did not compel Lucidas.

"Also... chemistry! Magical, scientific chemistry!"

Digging into his pockets, the Chemist pulled a handful of vials and briefly attempted to identify the labeling, only to find they were smudged beyond recognition. With a shrug, he began hucking them at their attacker[1]. Where they landed, mushroom patches sprung up of varied shapes[2] and sizes[3] and began spewing clouds of spores with varying effect.

A cloud of tiny spores brushed past Patch and she felt her injuries lessen[4].

Another cloud glowing spores wafted past Omega and he felt energized[5].

Finally, a thick, dark cloud of putrid spores burst upon Lucidas, entering his lungs[6] and coating his sinuses[7], causing pain.

"Huh, who knew I could be such a fun gai!"
Starting Life: 100
Starting Energy: 3

[1](2) Conjurer’s Trick
You gain the following power:
[+3] Conjurer’s Trick - Reaction Utility [1/Battle]
Trigger - You roll initiative
Effect - You may immediately take a standard action to use a Conjuration power.

[2][-3] Mysterious Concoction: (Shapes) - Standard Action (Conjuration)
Create a conjuration with the following statblock.
Battle Spirit - 3 Charges
{1} Deal 1d20 damage to target creature. (Single, Attack)
{1} Target creature gains 20 life. (Healing)

[3][-3] Mysterious Concoction (Sizes) - Standard Action (Conjuration)
Create a conjuration with the following statblock.
Battle Spirit - 3 Charges
{1} Deal 1d20 damage to target creature. (Single, Attack)
{1} Target creature gains 20 life. (Healing)

[4]Shapes - 3 Charges
{1} Target creature gains 20 life. (Healing) - Target: Patch

[5]Commander
Twice per battle, you may use the following combat talent.
[0] Battle Order - Minor Action [2/Short Rest] - Target: Omega
Target ally may immediately take a standard action.

[6]Sizes - 3 Charges
{1} Deal 1d20 damage to target creature. (Single, Attack) Target: Lucidas
1d20=1
Laaaame!

[7](2) Dramatic Entrance
You gain the following power:

[0] Dramatic Entrance - Reaction (Attack) [1/Battle]
Trigger - You conjure a creature
Effect - Choose one:
A) That creature (Sizes) deals 5d8 damage to target creature. (Single) Target: Lucidas
B) That creature deals 1d12+3 damage to up to 3 different target creatures. (Burst)
5d8= 7,1,8,1,4 Total: 21
Muuuch, better, also:

[8] Special (Single) - Target: Patch
Target ally deals an additional 1d12 damage to the target of their next Single Attack Power.

Final Life: 100
Final Energy: 0 (but worth it!)

Last edited:

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
="Numerical Assault Orb 3 deals 31+5 damage to Dee. [Attack Single]"
I've gone back a few pages, but I can't find where I last recorded Dee's hitpoints or enegy... so I'm going to

life: = X-26 (10 armor) Energy = 3 (that's her base energy level if it's less right now it shouldn't make a difference with the moves I'm about to make.)

[+1] Stalk the Kill - Standard Action (Self)
You are dazed until the start of your next turn. You may take an additional standard action on your next turn. You cannot use this Power two turns in a row.

Dee draws her focus to Lucidas, despite still feeling the damage from the last orb attack... 'the head of the snake, not its lashing tail' Dee's father's training lesson from her younger days whispers again through her mind.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
EB’s instincts kicked in with Lucidas’ entry, and the fight starting. Waiting for an opportunity, he saw one after the Chemist’s attack. EB sprung off the floor and aimed to pin the glowy man’s arms back.

Life: 150
Energy:3 (+1 for Minor actions)
Charges: 12
Adrenaline: 0

[-1] Grapple - Standard Attack (Attack, Single)
Deal 2d6 damage to target creature and Grapple it (save ends). A creature Grappled by you cannot target creatures other than you with Single Attack Powers. When a creature Grappled by you starts its turn, it suffers Weakness 10.
Roll 2d6=8 damage

Life: 150
Energy: 3-1=2 (+1 for Minor actions)
Charges: 12
Adrenaline: 0

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
"Friday..?" Lucidas mused. "I thank you, oh Omega Knight, for revealing that bit of information. I'm sure it'll be useful when Jezejandra wakes up." He sputtered and coughed a bit from the Chemist's spore but...smirked. He almost idly blasted EB weakly amidst the attempt at restraint but waved his hand towards a Numerical Assault Orb and it split in two. As the numbers on the orbs kept ascending and their firing continued, Friday February and Monday March disappeared. In a commanding tone, Lucidas stated,

"Monday, assist me."

The air had a bit of visual tearing and Monday appeared next to Lucidas. "Why, I hope you didn't think you were going anywhere. Your job right now is to simply watch as your so-called new friends are struck down by that which is greater than them."

High Intellectual Lucidas deals 17+11-10 damage to EB. [Attack Single]
Numerical Assault Orb 1 splits!
Numerical Assault Orb 1a deals 31+13 damage to Kage. [Attack Single]
Numerical Assault Orb 1b deals 31+17 damage to Dee. [Attack Single]
Numerical Assault Orb 2 deals 31+19 damage to Patch. [Attack Single]
Numerical Assault Orb 3 deals 31+23 damage to The Chemist. [Attack Single]

Top Bottom