[IC] Mey Hem: Submitted For Your Disapproval (cont.)

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
As the laser was smashed, some safety returned to the area. Though, other than Monday, something quietly shifted in the ambient tone of the mechanical noise of the room.

Patch

Citizen
Patch was alert for further dangers, her adrenaline levels still elevated by the pain of her injury. "What happened? Is it over?"

Perception check:
Tue Oct 10 2023 18:21:16 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Rolling line 1 : 1d20 + 8 to total : 11, + 8, TOTAL: 19

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Patch knew that while YPNR was a small country, it was effectively a large vehicle. In this, she realized YPNR had sped up.

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
As immediate danger faded, the Omega Knight was able to relax. Sortof. Kages frustration over everything YPNR ‘management’ intended (and the stupidity of it) bubbled away in the back of his mind. Though at least the ‘Chief Apothacery‘ could not spout anymore proclamations of her ‘superior intellect’. Heading over to the others, he took Fridays receiver back from Patch and stowed it on his belt again. Then asked.

”Is everybody ok. No serious injuries?

Friday, are You alright? Can you tell what’s happened to Monday? Is she glitching, or is she seriously damaged.”

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
"I do not seem to be any worse for wear, though with a few minutes more of diving and dodging I dare say a scuffed knee or elbow may have resulted... what of you EB? how do you fare?"

Patch

Citizen
A chill ran down Patch's spine. "Monday? Is she alright? I need to speak with her, right now!"

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Turning, Kage said.

”She’s still up on the gantryway where the ‘Chief’ over there tried to blast her into oblivion. I can’t tell whether any permanent damage has been done. Onky that she still seems to be in pain.

The implication Jezejandra gave for her insane shotgun solution was that Monday has been preserving her own personality via backups or other ways of safeguarding herself. While Jezejandra wanted to ‘reset’ her to…uh…factory settings?

Which means, Monday wants to protect the people of YPNR. But isn’t exactly being proactive in serving the ‘upper management’.

Patch, i can show you the way up the gantry’s to where she is, because I doubt my saying ‘Monday, assist me’ will have any effect.”

The Knight gestured upwards.

Last edited:

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Friday whispered, "I'm fine. I think Monday's badly hurt but I don't know enough about her...or even my own...system to know how to fix things, yet. I've always been able to soft reboot myself but I don't think she can right now. *sigh* I really wish Oracle was here."

Last edited:

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
As Kage turned to lead the way up, he listened to Friday and sighed.

”I do too Friday. I do too.” Kage would never say it to anybody, but the disconnection from Oracle had left him with a permanent sense of uneasiness that just would not fade. Ever since he’d ‘created, or at least modified and combined the computer systems that would become his AI friend, she had been a fixed point. Oracle was always there. It was an irrational thought, since it wasn’t as if he’d never been out of contact with her before.

This was somehow different.

As they ascended, Kage mused.

”Perhaps some combination of your magic tech and Patch‘s magic could maybe bridge that gap. As I’ve speculated before, you and Monday are (more or less) sisters. Or at least, sister systems. We’ll find a way to help her, do not worry.”

Kage then called down to The Chemist, the strange new arrival who had assisted in their fight.

”My apologies that introductions will have to wait for now. But, suffice it to say, your help is appreciated.”

Last edited:

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
EB shrugged at Dee.
"As good as I can be. I'll be much happier when we're back on solid ground."
He motioned for Susan and the kids to come over, though he still kept the shield in one hand. He placed Cappy back down, then looked at the Chemist.
"Hey." He gave a little awkward wave.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Night Cap looks around at the scene. He's happy to be reacquainted with the ground, but he has to admit his aerial career is off to a good start. This must be the destiny that called him to this world.

He is Night Cap: destroyer of machines. A living weapon to be hurled at their enemies. Viknadia will be safe this day.

The Doctor Who

Now With Sheffield Steel!
Citizen
"Ta!" The Chemist said to Kage with a wave. "No worries, friend. It all seems pretty straight forward. We got, you, the swordy one, the magic swordy one, the bunny, the book witch, the watching lady, the two glowy ones and... a pawny that talks. Honestly that's the hardest part to understand."

Turning to EB, he gave a friendly wave and a toothy grin. "Hullo! Pleased to meet ya!"

Then, to the general team, he added, "Anyone hurt badly? I can whip somethin' up to take the edge off."

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Kage and Patch made their way up to the walkway where Monday stood flickering. Through the dim emergency lighting, she didn't respond to their approach. However, Friday said in a whisper, "As far as I can see with her code, and what Jezejandra said, this has been done to her before. If anything, I think this was the first time it failed..."

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
"I suppose it is a magic sword... or at least linked to a kind of magic." Dee pondered out loud as the others took more proactive actions.

Patch

Citizen
"I need to do something. I just felt this whole place shifting... and I'm worried about what that means. If anyone would be able to tell us what's going on, she would. But while I know spells that can heal living organisms, it's only been a short time since I learned of the strange rules governing computers and technology..."

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Kage rubbed the armoured chinpiece of his Cowl. Replying to Friday he said.

”Sadly, I agree on that. Its brutal, but to them, I guess they didn’t want there smart AI servant getting to uppity, and start to question its masters. Though it seems like the waited to long this time. Monday held on to her consciousness long enough to build her own mind…

Hmm. Not having Oracle here is…frustrating to say the least.

’ahem’

Speaking of… While I may have cobbled together her coding from a defence system, an accounting program and a basic problem solving VI. Most of her AI architecture was already therein the defence program. So I could maybe help access Monday base code, except that from what we know, YPNR computer systems are very different from ours.

Friday, did any of your searches hint at where Mondays core might be. Or maybe a route tomit?”

Then Patch’s words registered.

”Shifted again? Our time runs short.

Ok, I’m just spitballing here, so please tell if what I say next is just plain stupid. But… Friday, you are a techno magical hybrid now. If Patch tried to link her magic to you, could you two force a connection to Monday?”

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Friday paused a moment, then replied, "Sorta like a blood transfusion? She's not magical but it just might work even without knowing where her core is. If I'm alive and Oracle is alive then I guess Monday is alive as well. Manifesting should make this smoother..." With that, Friday February appeared on the walkway between Patch and Monday.

Top Bottom