[IC] Mey Hem: Submitted For Your Disapproval (cont.)

Patch

Citizen
Patch cautiously entered the space and produced a small bit of flame in her palm, illuminating the room for a few brief seconds before it fizzled out.

"Ah, drat, I forgot this spell needs something to burn to stay lit. Anyone have something we could use as a torch?"

Ember (2) – At Will
Time: 2 Seconds
You can safely create small puffs of flame at will. These puffs of flame are identical to a torch in many respects and are capable of burning objects and lighting fires outside of combat just as a torch might. You can project these puffs of flame up to 15 feet away. Puffs of flame are ordinary fire and extinguish after 10 seconds without tinder, during which time they can light up an area 10 feet across.

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Kage felt his body relax (a littke bit) as the room remained silent, if a little stale.

“I don’t haven’t anything to burn as a torch. But I do have some flares, if they might be useful.

it Does at least appear safe enough for the rest of our merry band to come down. EB, keep a firm hold on our unconscious prisoner.”

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Even though it was dark, EB nodded at Omega.
"You could use my shirt?" He offered to Patch. Once his eyes adjusted, he slumped down to the floor and sat against a wall, keeping 251 right next to him. His thoughts were far too jumbled to put to words just yet.

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
“Night Cap came down with Destron and Sue’zhan should have come down with you and EB. So we’re all here. I’ll sort our entry point.”

Omega then popped his climbing talons, then went up the wall and across the ceiling til he reached the open panel. Reaching in, he slid the panel over until it fit back into place as if it have never back opened. Then he climbing back down to solid ground.

”Done. For now, nobody will know we’re here. We have a chance to rest and replan.”

With a heavy sigh, Kage leaned against the nearest wall and let himself slide into a sitting position. Then he retracted his cowl for a brief moment. Since it was dark, nobody (but Destron) would be able to see him. Inwardly, Kage felt completely rattled. And, for now at leadt, there was no inner ‘Omega’ voice trying to kick him back into action.

“There is no way we are going to stand up to another droid encounter. Especially if the return in greater numbers, as was the case here. Friday, what secrets have you found? Please tell me you have a lead on what YPNR might actually be up to. Either through hacking their mainframe, or accessing the info on the disk I carry.”

Then he added, again more to himself than anyone.

”Beathra, where did you go?”

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
I've got...a lot of good news and bad news," Friday announced. "I don't know what YPNR's plan is. A lot of things seem to be either known by specific people without it being stored in the system or it's behind powerful firewalls. Attempting to get through them would be lethal if I forced the issue. The only reason I'm still here is because Oracle and I created a few shell programs to use as a shield when entering a system and I managed to back out fast enough when those got deleted.

Luckily I've been able to work around the stronger security, especially since the rest has such huge gaps once you know how it works. I don't know where we'll be headed when the autopilot reboots but I now know the power drain from earlier was being redirected to the front of the vessel. The hull is shifting so that...really it seems like the internals of a laser in both a smaller and larger scale. It would be fascinating if it weren't so worrisome.

I managed to partially retrace Patch's steps from when she entered YPNR. The path splits in a way that looks like Moscareina was creating destruction separately at that time. Things that looked like what happened back at Merchant Javier's."

Friday was silent for a moment before continuing, "But luckily, far from that place, I think I found some of the missing children."

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Kage felt himself twitch in response to Fridays description of her hacking attempts into YPNR. Realizing that he hadn’t considered the level of danger Friday might be putting herself in. Especially since, up here, they had no oracle and Friday was onky safe within the receiver he carried. However, before his mood could darken because of his worry for Friday, her nexts words shocked him back into sharp focus.

”A laser? A large front mounted laser! My god!

I… have read scraps of information about laser weaponry. Broken notes on it being used during The Fall. I think. Lethal energy tearing through anything. So this giant floating fortress having access to that kind of destructive power…”

Then a horrible thought occurred to him.

”Lady Destron, you said before that Cher warned you of a threat to Viknadia, a threat to your mother. What if this is that threat. A laser weapon big enough to cause a power drain on a scale to affect a structure like this…? It could obliterate anything in its path.

We will deal with that later.”

With a deep breath, Kage again pushed things down in his mind.

”At least the children aren’t being kept close to this weapon.

Fantastic work Friday. No more risks though, as it sounds like all of the firewalls and protection you and Oracle cooked up have been burned through.”

Looking over to where he knew 251 to be, Kages expression darkened. In a much colder tone of voice he said.

”Now that we have more intel, let’s see what we can pry out of 251. I’m sure the threat of being abandoned in the dark might loosen her tongue.”

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
Destron's mind raced at the implication of Kage's strange words... indeed Cher had warned her of something, in her cryptic way... she was a goddess after-all -that's how a goddess do.

Patch

Citizen
"That's... a lot of information to take in..." Patch said as she tried to parse all of it while keeping her composition. "First of all, Friday, I'm glad you're alright. Please don't risk your safety for our sake. I know that's rich of me to say after what we just did back there, but still. Please be safe. Just... please."

"Alright. Laser. Yes. Worrisome. We're probably going to have to address that sometime in the near future. But, uh... I know this might be a selfish desire on my part, but I want to find the children. I really don't want the whole my presence here to have been destroying things and menacing people. I want to do something positive for someone, at least..."

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
“Wise choice,” Kage said with a crooked grin. “Though in a world of magical, talking Pawnieswith nature-altering powers, the idea of a laser weapon seems far less of a threat. Mostly.”

Turning to the sound of Patchs voice, Kage said.

”Agreed, making sure the children are safe and secure is top priority. Once we know the are out of YPNRs hands, then we can go after those in control of the Laser weapon. Which I’m pretty sure will mean us having to face off and take down Lucidas.”

It was at this point, that Kage remembered that he did, in fact, have a light. Not a wand torch like his original journey with Patch, but a lighter. Larger (though not excessively) and bulkier than the kind of pocket-sized lighter one might use for cigarettes, it thus would create a larger flame. With a flick, Kage lit the flame and held the lighter up.

OOC
While looking through the story notes page, i was reminded that Kages belt should contin a light.

oops

Last edited:

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
"I agree that saving the children is our first objective. However, ending the threat of this construction is of only very slightly less importance. It would not accomplish much to save these innocents from one peril, only to put them directly in the path of another. As devilish as it is to contemplate, were the monsters we will face using the children to somehow power this evil device ... it would make our mission half again the simpler."

Destron shakes her head as the light fills the room, more so to shake out that horrible idea than to shield her eyes as they adjusted.

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Nodding slowly, Kage said.

”And therein lies the rub. A deadly catch 22. The children must be freed and secured, yet this being practically a Flying Fortress armed with a weapon that can scorch the Earth…?

Hopefully, we can pry some truths out of dear twisted correspondent over there. Perhaps it’s time to wake her up.”

activating his Cowl, Kage disappeared into the Omega Knight.

”Just ve sure to silence her if she tries to call for Monday.”

Patch

Citizen
Patch furrowed her brow. "Hmm. Monday is... well, I don't trust her, obviously, but I get the sense that she's not quite... what's the word I'm looking for... obedient? But yes, we don't want this woman calling for any help."

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
“Indeed,” Kage said in response to Patch. “According to Beathra, Monday has not mentioned anything about any of us to her ‘higher ups’. Not our run in with Cupid Thunder and his group, nor even knowing that we are here in opposition to them.

She really is the ‘rebellious younger sister’ to Friday. I do still wonder if whatever magic brought Friday to true life, somehow also had some effect on her too. Or maybe she was created to be more willful.”

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
EB tried, and failed, to comprehend the technical talk. He voiced his agreement on saving the kids first.
Since 251 was still next to him, he shook her shoulder lightly in an attempt to wake her, ready to cover her mouth if needed.

Unsure if a skill check is needed here, or whar to use.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
When EB shook Correspondent 251, she initially struggled against her bonds. But after brief failed attempt, she lay there breathing silently.

Top Bottom