[IC] Mey Hem: Submitted For Your Disapproval (cont.)

Patch

Citizen
"Well... not directly, but... while it might be a calculating thing to do, we'll need to try anything that increases the probability of making it out of here alive."

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
Dee feels Patch's magic restore some much-needed health. life 37 +15 =52 energy =6

"Indeed Patch, making it harder for them to do so... works for me." Destron brings her blade tip up and points it toward her next target. I'm not sure what drone number is left. but that's the one she's pointing at. and moves to strike.

[+4] Deep Breath - Standard Action (Opener, Self, Healing) You gain 1 life.
[-1] Backfist - Reaction (Attack, Combo, Single)
Trigger - You use an Opener power
Effect - Deal 3 damage to target creature.
[-6] The Soul Edge (Rage of the Dragon) - Reaction (Attack, Finisher, Single)
Trigger - You use a Combo power.
Effect - Deal 1d4+1d6+1d8+1d10+1d12 damage to target creature.

drone #? takes 3+ 3,5,1,4,12 =28 damage
[12] - Special (Attack, Single)
Deal 2d10 damage to target creature. You cannot lose life until the start of your next turn.

d10=4,8 =12 additional damage from the special for a total of 40

life 52+1 =53 energy =6+4-1-6=3

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Patch realized that the silence from Sue'zhan that had prolonged since encountering Lucidas meant that she had somewhat gone into a state of shock. Upon hearing Patch speak to her directly, Sue'zhan meekly said, "I had only one plan. I...I just don't know what to do..."

As the fight raged on, Beathra looked around and knew what he must do. Striking his staff to the ground, he disappeared. The staff grew to a small tree which everyone could feel invigorating energy flow from. The droid who had been attacking Beathra redirected its attention to Dee. However, something strange happened to the droid that was subduing EB. Patch saw a Viknadian man, hearty and hale, appear and throttle the droid. She recognized him as Dra’Beht and he disappeared as fast as he appeared. Was this the miracle they needed to win?

Players deal an additional 1d12 damage to the target of their next Single Attack Power AND gain 7 life and may immediately activate their [8] Special Move AND can take an additional standard action on their next turn.
Droid 1 is destroyed.
Droid 2 deals 49 damage to Dee. (Single, Attack) Negated to 0 damage due to Dee's crit.
Droid 3 deals 53 damage to Dee. (Single, Attack) Negated to 0 damage due to Dee's crit.
Droid 4 deals 51 damage to Dee. (Single, Attack) Negated to 0 damage due to Dee's crit.
Droid 6 deals 47 damage to Kage. (Single, Attack)

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Life:37
Energy:2
Fatal Damage 39

Kage gains 5 Life from Patch and 7 Life from Beathra.
‘Life:37+12=49

Kage suffers 47 Damage from Droid 6.
Life:49-47=2

Ouch!

Kage uses [+4] QuickDraw - Standard Action
Energy:2+4=6

Take two additional Minor Actions

Kage uses [-2] Rush for the Kill - Minor Action
Energy:6-2=4

Roll 2d6 Damage
1d6=2
1d6=4
Total:6

Droid 6 suffers 6 Damage

Kage uses [-2] Rush for the Kill - Minir Action
Energy:4-2=2

Roll 2d6 Damage
1d6=4
1d6=3
Total:7

Droid 6 suffers 7 Damage

Deal an additional 1d12 damage
1d12=10

Dangit! Curse you dice roller!

Droid 6 suffers 10 Damage

Kage activates Utility Belt (Jester’s Firtune) d8 special thanks to Beathra. Use Bag of Tricks twice. Roll 1d6.

First Use
1d6=1

Kage gains 1 Energy.
‘Energy:2+1=3

Second Use
1d6=6

Kage gains 6 Life
Life=2+6=8

Droid 6 suffers 6 Damage

Kage uses [0] Quickshot - Free Action

Droid 6 suffers 7 Damage, plus 10 Damage from Stalk the Prey.

I forgot that could take a second Standard Action.

Kage uses ]+3] Contingency Plan - Standard Action
‘Energy:3+3=6

Roll 1d8 1d10 1d12
1d8=5
1d10=10
1d12=11

Use Bag of Tricks thrice. Roll 1d6

First Use
1d6=4

Droid 6 suffers Weakness 4

Second Use
1d6=6

Kage gains 6 Life
Life:8+6=14

Droid 6 suffers 6 Damage

Third Use
1d6=1

Kage gains 1 Energy
Energy:6+1=7

Total Damage:6+7+10+6+17+6=52 Damage+Weakness 4

Life:14
Energy:7
Fatal Damage:39

Omega was about to call out to his Allies again, when he saw Beathra…vanish! And a tree grew from his staff.

”Wait, Beathra… Wait, what the he—-!”

The Omega Knight felt…something…wash over him. Something invigorating. Something…calming. He felt energized!

Until another droid…or was it the same droid…punched him in the face, spinning him around until he again slammed into a wall. He felt the right side of his armoured helm splintering. It didn’t break. Mostly. Though now it was riddled with cracks. Omega once more teetered on the brink of unconsciousness. However, Beathras magic, coupled with the cold fury of not knowing where his friend had gone to, sharpened his mind and held the shadows at bay.

Thus, without a word, the Omega whirled back towards the droid plaguing him. Spinning Retribution and with no reason to hold back, the Knight slashed first at the machines arm, then its neck. Finishing with a full 360 spin to slash horizontally at its waist, hoping to sever the spine!

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Night Cap sees Kage take another very bad blow. He cannot fall!

"Hey Metalhead! Try me!"

Night Cap delivers a few kicks to the droids around Dee, then scurries between them, making a run for Kage.

Perhaps it's just fatigue and injuries setting in, but one might have sworn Night Cap's hooves were glowing as he runs.

Life: 116
Energy: 1

[8] - Special
You may immediately use Bag of Tricks twice.
[0] Bag of Tricks - Special
Roll 1d6, and activate the corresponding effect:

Rolling line 1 : 2d6 + 0 to total : 5, 6, TOTAL: 11
5) Target creature gains 5 Life. (Single, Healing) (Kage)
6) Deal 6 damage to target creature and gain 6 life. (Attack, Single, Healing). (Droid 2)

Bonus from Beathra
Rolling line 2 : 1d12 + 0 to total : 12, TOTAL: 12 (Droid 2)

[12] - Special
Gain 3 Life. You may immediately use Bag of Tricks four times.
[0] Bag of Tricks - Special
Roll 1d6, and activate the corresponding effect:

Rolling line 3 : 4d6 + 0 to total : 5, 6, 2, 6, TOTAL: 19
5) Target creature gains 5 Life. (Single, Healing) (Kage)
6) Deal 6 damage to target creature and gain 6 life. (Attack, Single, Healing). (Droid 3)
2) Target creature suffers 2 Ongoing Damage (save ends). (Attack, Single, Affliction) (Droid 4)
6) Deal 6 damage to target creature and gain 6 life. (Attack, Single, Healing). (Droid 3)

[+1] Pull from Chaos - Standard Action #1
Roll 1d4, and activate the corresponding effect:
Rolling line 4 : 1d4 + 0 to total : 4, TOTAL: 4
4. Gain 4 Energy. (Self)

[-6] Divine Light - Standard Action #2 (Healing, Burst)
Do each of the following:
-Target creature gains 6+1d8 Life.
-Target creature gains 8+1d10 Life.
-Target creature gains 10+1d12 Life.
-Target creature gains 12+1d20 Life.
You may choose different targets for each effect.

Rolling line 5 : 1d8 + 6 to total : 1, + 6, TOTAL: 7 (Dee)
Rolling line 6 : 1d10 + 8 to total : 9, + 8, TOTAL: 17 (Dee)
Rolling line 7 : 1d12 + 10 to total : 2, + 10, TOTAL: 12 (Kage)
Rolling line 8 : 1d20 + 12 to total : 3, + 12, TOTAL: 15 (Kage)

Life: 134
Energy: 0

Patch

Citizen
"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have put you on the spot like that," Patch replied. She felt partially responsible for putting Sue'Zhan in danger like this, even if the confrontation with Correspondent 251 was inevitable. She tried to think of something reassuring to say... but nothing really came to mind.

She was still thinking about it when the sudden shock of magical energy from Beatha's spell reached her. Something about this surge of nature's power was magnifying her mathematical magecraft. She felt a sudden rush of inspiration. Her fingertips began to glow, and she used them to write numbers and symbols in the air. "Let's solve this equation... for good!"

Life: 107
Energy: 9
Gaining 2 (Minor Action) Energy Points from Quickdraw.

Sorceror's Lightning
[8] - Special (Attack, Single)
Deal 1d12 damage to target creature. (Droid 2)
Tue Mar 07 2023 19:38:56 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Rolling line 1 : 1d12 + 0 to total : 9, TOTAL: 9
Adding an additional 1d12 damage.
Tue Mar 07 2023 19:39:46 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Rolling line 1 : 1d12 + 0 to total : 5, TOTAL: 5

[-5] Lightning Storm- Standard Action (Attack, Burst)
Do each of the following:
-Deal 1d8 damage to up to two different target creatures. (Droids 3 and 4)
-Deal 1d10 damage to up to two different target creatures. (Droids 2 and 3)
-Deal 1d12 damage to up to two different target creatures. (Droids 2 and 4)
You may choose different pairs of targets for each effect.
Tue Mar 07 2023 19:42:16 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Rolling line 1 : 1d8 + 0 to total : 4, TOTAL: 4
Tue Mar 07 2023 19:42:48 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Rolling line 1 : 1d10 + 0 to total : 8, TOTAL: 8
Tue Mar 07 2023 19:43:09 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Rolling line 1 : 1d12 + 0 to total : 2, TOTAL: 2

[+1] Arcing Bolt - Standard Action (Attack, Burst)
Deal 1d6 damage to up to three different creatures. (Droids 2, 3, and 4)
Tue Mar 07 2023 19:50:19 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Rolling line 1 : 1d6 + 0 to total : 4, TOTAL: 4

[0] Turn up the Heat - Reaction [2/Short Rest]
Trigger - You target 3 or more creatures with a Burst Attack Power.
Effect - Up to 3 creatures targeted by the triggering Power take an additional 1d8 damage.
Tue Mar 07 2023 19:51:10 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Rolling line 1 : 1d8 + 0 to total : 1, TOTAL: 1

[-X] Magic Missiles - Minor Action (Attack, Burst)
Deal 1d4+1 damage to X different target creatures. (Spending two energy from Quickdraw to hit Droids 3 and 4)
Tue Mar 07 2023 19:53:30 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Rolling line 1 : 1d4 + 1 to total : 1, + 1, TOTAL: 2

Life: 107
Energy: 5

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Caught up in the hectic battle, EB had no time to process what happened to Beathra, only that he felt a surge of strength.
“Thanks!” He focused into his fists, which soon turned to furred claws that ripped the net apart. He jumped at another droid and dealt it numerous quick swipes. He landed quietly on his paws and sprung back off the floor, kicking at the droid.

Life: 150
Energy:3 (+1 for Minor actions)
Charges: 13
Adrenaline: 0
Weakness 20

Beathra triggers [8] – Special: Gain 2 Valor

[-3] Transform (Form of the Panther) - Minor Action (Shapeshift)

[0] Pounce - Reaction (Panther, Form, Single, Attack)
Trigger - You enter Form of the Panther.
Effect - Remove all Charges from Form of the Panther. Deal 1d4 damage to target creature for each Charge removed this way.
14 Charges removed, 14xd4= 4,1,3,2,1,3,2,2,4,1,2,1,3,4 = 33 damage – 20 weakness = 13 damage

[+4] Stalk - Standard Action (Attack, Panther, Form, Single)
Choose a creature. Your next Single Attack Power targeting that creature deals an additional 6 damage to it.
If the first droid is down, EB targets another one.

[+1] Razor Claws - Standard Action (Attack, Panther, Form, Single)
Deal 2d12 damage to target creature, plus 1d12 from Beathra’s special
4+3+11=18 + 6 from Stalk = 24 damage

Life: 150+7=157
Energy: 3-3+4+1=5 (+1 for Minor actions)
Charges: 0
Adrenaline: 0
Valor: 2

I think I did that right?

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
life =53+24 from Night cap =77 energy = 3

[+4] Deep Breath - Standard Action (Opener, Self, Healing)
You gain 1 life.
[-1] Backfist - Reaction (Attack, Combo, Single)
Trigger - You use an Opener power
Effect - Deal 3 damage to target creature.
[-6] The Soul Edge (Rage of the Dragon) - Reaction (Attack, Finisher, Single)
Trigger - You use a Combo power.
Effect - Deal 1d4+1d6+1d8+1d10+1d12 damage to target creature.

d4= 3, d6= 2, d8= 4, d10= 1, d12= 7 lol, Dee is struggling that attack only did 17 damage +3 =20 total damage to the closest drone

Dee watches Night Cap charge into the enemy, new vitality fills her and adds some strength back into her footing, these numerous constructs were becoming tiresome... she managed two strikes to one before her stamina ebbed again.

life 77+1 =78, energy = 3+4-1-6 =0

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
After the final blow, no droids were left standing. However, there was no time to celebrate as the momentary silence was interrupted by mechanical banging against the door to the room. If they didn't act fast, there would be far more droids to deal with. Monday March Looked around at the destroyed droids, "Huh. Didn't think you could pull that off."

All Droids destroyed. For now...

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Life:14

Adding the life Kage gained from Night Cap = 7)+5+12+15=37
Life:14+37=51

In the small moment of silence afforded them, Omega reached out to rest a hand against the wall to steady himself. Reshesthing Retribution, though without his usual flair and spin, the Omega Knight pushed himself to head in the direction of the unconscious Correspondent 251. Partly to ensure she was firmly tied up, but mostly because he felt that if he stopped now and let his mind register his aching body, he might not get moving again. So he pulled out and unravelled his grapnel line, as well as flicking out the blade of his O-Tool and set to binding 251s arms, legs, body and gagging her. As well as cutting off part of her sleeve to use as a blindfold.

Dexterity check to make the bindings secure.
1d20=10
10+6=16

Dangit dice roller!

Speaking quickly as he heard the banging of more droids.

”is everybody alright? Destron, EB. Patch, Night Cap, Sue’zhan? Ready to run for it. For now at least.

Do…,” uncertainty entered his voice, “…do we take this Correspondent with us and try to get her to tell the ‘Grand plan?” It was clear that Omega wasn’t exactly happy with this option. “Or do we leave her band and see if we can hack the info from the what Sue’zhan took, as Friday has been working on that. Speaking of… Friday, are you ok?

Monday, are you alright?

Then it hit him.

”Beathra? Where is Beathra?”

Omega then smashed 251s shades against the wall as he blindfolded her.

Was it petty? Yes. Did it make him fell better? Well, no Not really. But it certainly brought a bitter smile to his face.

Patch

Citizen
Patch took a deep breath. This new form of magic was very different from the dark powers she'd been using before her transformation, but what surprised her most of all was that there was actually something she found quite agreeable about it. She didn't have time to reflect much on it, however, as she knew the group would have to act fast before they were overwhelmed by the droid reinforcements.

"I'm alright. I don't know if we have time to debate what to do with her, but whatever we do, we'd better do it now."

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
"Leaving them here just puts another enemy at our heels, taking her with us only adds a viper to our midst..." Dee's fingers tightened on the hilt of her sword. "I will not speak of the third option, as despite my anger I know that way is not the correct path either. I recluse myself from the vote, and will abide by the group's choice... she eyed 251 from a distance, and continued speaking, knowing that her words were heard. ...I will either watch our heels or our side for any reason to change my mind and cast my vote."

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
EB's hands slowly returned to almost-normal, his heart beating too fast to calm down much. At Omega's comment, he too looked for their missing friend.
"I... I think he saved us." His chest lurched, but there was no time to process right now. He walked over to 251 and moved to sling her over his shoulder.
"I don't like it, but we should take her. Might be a good..." he hesitated to say 'hostage'. "Bargaining chip?"

Might check to carry C.251:
1d20 + 15 to total : 11, + 15, TOTAL: 26

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Standing as EB hoisted 251, Omega simply nodded. Then he looked to Lady Destron.

”A Viper bound and gagged, cut iff from all others, will still pose a danger to us I’ll grant you.

Even so, I cannot condone that ‘third option’ unless there is no other choice but to ’remove‘ her. Pragmatic it may be, perhaps even practical. However, if, she is unconscious, she is defenceless. To take that road is—and will be seen as—cold-blooded murder. Remember, nobody among the vast and innocent populace up here knows the depths of her crimes, the cruelty of her mind, nor those she works with. They would see us as killers and monsters from ‘the ground’.

To kill in battle is one thing, to kill the beaten. It leaves a mark in you…” Kage let that last statement trail off, as it brought back some unpleasant thoughts from long ago.

”Regardless, keep your blade at the ready, as we may need it as a deterrent to prevent her from doing anything, stupid, when she wakes up.

Now, hoist up Night Cap and let’s move. All of you, through the doorway away from the incoming droids.” Palming a smoke bomb, the Knight rolled it into the centre of the room.

”3.

Run!”

With a snap-hiss the smoke bomb spun and burst as clouds billowed out to flood the room in impenetrable mist.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Fleet of feet, everyone dashed to the doorway. They found it led to a small hallway and then to a sparse room, similar to the other living quarters they had seen. Sue'zhan, not fully regained of composure, said, "S-some of these rooms have access panels to allow movement by repair crews. If we just find..."

Running her hand along the wall, part of the wall popped open to reveal a narrow tunnel. Rushing in and pulling the panel closed behind them, everyone moved until they came to a small intersection. Sue'zhan slumped down on her knees, "I...I don't know where to go from here." Then, from Kage's utility belt everyone could hear Friday announce, "I might...but it depends on which way we need to go."

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Crouching in the vents, the Knight at the intersection and considered. What to do, where to go? Seeing Sue’zhan slump however, immediately diverted his attention. Omega reached over to put a reassuring hand on Sue’zhan shoulder.

”Don’t let it get to you. Things may seem bleak right now, but we…”

Under the Cowl, Kage smiled as he heard Friday.

”We will be fine.

Hmm. Much as I want to simply conrinue the hunt for the magi kids and YPNRs other secrets. If we get caught in another fight now, battered as we are. I fear the onky outcomes will be capture or death.

We need a place to hide and recover. Even a short reprieve is better than nothing. We need time to hear what you’ve find, as well as perhaps pry some truths out of 251.”

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Friday announced, "To your right, go 10 meters and pry open a floor panel. You'll enter through the ceiling of a small room that doesn't have any other exits. It also doesn't have lighting but it should have space enough to rest."

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
“Mmm. Thanks Friday.

Right it is then.”

Moving slowly so he could keep track of how far they‘d gone, Omega keep his eyes on the floor. Once there, Omega pulled out his O-Tool and started to slowly pry up the floor panel and sliding it out of the way. Speaking softly, Omega said.

”I’ll drop down first, then Patch can make a light and the rest of you can follow, ok.”

Omega then dropped through the ceiling into the room.

Last edited:

Top Bottom