[IC] Mey Hem: Submitted For Your Disapproval (cont.)

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
"It seems we have our next destination... you will need to add names to that list." Destron says, cracking her neck as she stands. before moving to leave Dee rests a hand on the knight's shoulder. "Chernabog agrees with you."

Patch

Citizen
Patch sighed. "Guess that's that, then. We've got our work cut out for us."

She still kept an eye on Cinniúint.

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Omega nodded in response to Destron’s words.

Not being able to stifle a audible sigh of frustration, even though it wasn’t likely that 251 was being deliberately obstructive, her answer made Kage keenly aware that, contrary to what he Wanted to do, it seemed likely they might have to drag her along with them. Stepping further away from 251, Kage lowered his voice to a whisper and said.

”Friday, is there any chance your forays into the YPNR networks have found this Chief Apothecary’s labs?”

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
"I've got a few guesses based on where there are gaps in what I've found but I haven't directly found...uh oh," Friday whispered. "The children are being moved and it looks like it's toward an area I don't have access to."

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
“Dammit!” Omega cursed loudly as time ran out. “Sorry Friday. That wasn’t directed at you. Good work. Be ready to guide us to where the children are.”

Turning, Omega addressed the others.

”The magi kids are being moved, to somewhere more’ secure’ i’m guessing. So we’re dealing woth that on the way to the labs.

251, I was planning on just leaving you here. Not to die, but merely to wait. However, it looks like high authorisation is needed for wherever the magi kids are going. Plus, you are going to tell us where your labs are. Your gun is being shut down, whether you like it or not. EB, gag Her for now.“

The Omega Knight then quickly climbed up the wall and along the ceiling until he could open the roof tile Back into the service tunnels. Then he pulled out his remaining spare grapnel cabling and unravelling it down to help the others up.

”Let’s go.”

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Cinny's sudden appearance made EB startle. He was starting to get a headache. Under less dire circumstances, he might've lamented not being able to actually rest.

He gagged 251 again. He stood at the bottom of the rope, ready to give the others a boost up if needed. He would take 251 up, but someone else would have to take Cappy.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Everyone returned to the access tunnel and moved swiftly. Cinniúint vanished from sight the moment no eyes were on her. Covering a great distance at hurried breath, they soon came to a wall panel with Friday whispering, "Okay, they're right outside this panel: two correspondents and five children. I can't sense anything past the door they're in front of and it's opening now."

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Afraid of what might be beyond that door and missing their chance to save the kids, EB abruptly kicked at the wall panel.

Mighy check to door smash. +15 to stat and +5 for Brawny
1d20 + 20 : 5, + 20, TOTAL: 25

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Omega was already tensed for action, so EBs abrupt action was no surprise to him. As he activated his stealth tech and faded from sight, he hissed in tone barely above a whisper.

”I will take down one Correspondant, you go for the other. Incapacitate only.”

Then the Knight was moving, intent on taking out one of the two correspondents with the children as quickly as possible. He was in no mood for another droid ambush. So he silently flowed through the air until he was behind his target, then wrapped his arms around the correspondents neck and face.

Then he squeezed! Hoping to send them into unconsciousness.

Stealth check to hide with additional +15 Stealth bonus.
1d20=15
15+9=24
24+15=39
Total:39

Dexterity check to incapacitate Correspondant.
1d20=20
20+6=26
Total:26

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Based on the crit...

The Omega Knight lept out of the shadows and subdued the first Correspondent, then with the continued adrenaline he subdued the second. There was a brief silence, then Monday March appeared and exclaimed, "Where were you people?!? Seriously, you ask me to update you and then disappear. On that, Elizilah is safe back in the library. Has been for a while. Also, standing in front of the Chief Apothecary's labs is probably not a good idea."

Not knowing what was going on after the panel was kicked open and not seeing the Omega Knight, the children started to panic.

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
"Easy now little ones, we have come to rescue you." Destron says, in a somewhat less boisterous tone than normal, as she motions with her hands in a sort of downward pressing of the air in front of her... she tried her best at a shushing sound.

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
As the adrenaline spike petered out and the Knights focus expanded out from his chosen target. Kage realised that both correspondents were down, Monday had appeared…and the children were panicking!

With a mildly frustrated sigh (as he hadn’t expected things move so fast), the Omega Knight deactivated his stealth tech. Its silvery ripples bringing him back into existence.

”After the beating we took from the Security droids, we needed a place to recover. Somewhere hidden. We found one.

We are here now because of the children here.” It was at this point that he turned to face the children. Unfolding his arms and (attempting to affect a non-threatening pose. Not an easy feat for a dark knight. Especially one in broken, busted armour.

”My companion is correct. We are here to rescue you and keep you safe. Please, do not be afraid.”

Then he turned back to Monday.

”The labs are where we intended to go next anyway. Thanks to 251, we are now aware of your Republica‘s giant laser cannon. You know, the one they have pointed at Viknadia. The one they feel is required for the ‘greater good’.

We are here to ensure that gun is deactivated. Permanently!

And, while I am glad to hear that Elizalah is safe and sound and I apologise for frustrating you. I must ask: Did you know about the giant gun and it’s purpose?”

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Monday exasperatedly replied to Kage, "You can't say 'you know' then turn around and ask if I know. Seriously. And I don't know everything. They keep me busy and I don't have infinite access."

While the children were initially starting to calm down, they all reacted to Night Cap speaking,
"What did you do?!?"
"Don't look at me."
"Nor me."
"Will it bite?"
"I'm not touching it."

While the pandemonium increased, Patch felt emotions working into her mind. She realized it was Friday and she was at the intersection of apology and panic. "I was so busy trying to keep track of so many things that I didn't realize the autopilot had restarted. Sorry. But we've got a problem. Looking through the cameras, I saw droids entering the access tunnels from two different ends. I think they're trying to box us in! I don't know where we can go but I don't think we can stay where we are."

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
"It would seem as though some bewitchment had indeed befallen this small fellow," Dee said to the children, catching quickly the track of their conversation. "...However, the truth is much more arcane than any magics that you or I could call to hand... This is Night Cap, the bravest warrior from a realm beyond ours, where all of his kind speak... and more, in truth they live lives much like ours and are far removed from the simple animals we have here that bare their likeness." Destron motioned with her arms as though she was presenting a great marvelous wonder to these children... because she was, "While I do not believe you children have, in your way insulted him with your innocent assumptions - Know that he has been tasked by Goddesses to aid us in this very quest we now find ourselves... so I doubt he would bite...Dee looks to the children who spoke last ... it would be polite to address him respectfully and ask before touching him as you would anyone else." Laughing... as some of the day's tension eased from her shoulders Destron added in a tone as if it was a trivial aside after discussing Night Cap's Quality... "and, as for myself... you are being formally rescued by the crowned Princess of Viknadia her royal majesty Destronia Ethirea Elegra descendant of Queens from the age before Permafrost, but you may call me Dee."

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Kage held his hands up as if to ward off Mondays outburst.

“Ok, ok, I get it. I’m sorry Monday. Please understand, I simply wanted to be certain of things.”

Last edited:

Patch

Citizen
"Got it. Thanks, Friday," Patch replied softly.

She spoke up to get the group's attention. "Everyone, we need to move. Fast. Otherwise we're going to be surrounded."

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
While the door continued to open and children were being calmed, the group could hear from the opposite end of the hallway the approaching stomps of mechanical feet.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Night Cap raises one hoof nervously.

"Whatever we're going to do, do it fast. Pick a direction and let's run."

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The tiny Pawnys words finally snapped Kage out of his mental spiral of indecision. The Knight was still frustrated beyond reason at the madness of YPNR, but he was at least a bit more focused. Acting quickly, before he forgot (again), Omega moved to tie up the unconscious ‘correspondents’ with some more of his fast dwindling grapnel cabling. He also, as with 251, used for torn cloth from the robes to blind and gag them.

”Can’t go back, can’t go sideways. We have to go forwards!”

Clenching his fists, Omega practically growled.

”I would rather get the kids somewhere safe, but we have no time. Plus, if we back off now, we might never get another chance before we end up cornered in such a way where there is no escape.

Everyone, stay close and let’s move. Destron, watch the children.”

Last edited:

Top Bottom