[IC] Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Snowy is quite startled by Scarlet's reaction, but it does help him place the itching in his horn. As he reaches a hoof up to touch it, he recognizes the familiar cold texture of gold and alabaster. "Well, so much for being the team unicorn." He says with a shrug. "And don't you start." He says to Rhapsody. "I knew what I was getting into." For a given value of what I was getting into, he adds silently. "Let's head to the office. Scarlet can carry the box."

"Oh, so you knew probing the evil box of unicorn doom, was gonna assimilate you?" Rhapsody asks raising a brow. "Good to know, and here I though you were the smart one of the group." She adds, shaking her head. Scarlet likely catches that she shoots a death glare in his direction as he secures the box away from Snowy, still silently blaming him for more unicorn misfortune.

Scarlet managed to successfully lasso the puzzle box away from Snowy Skies. Soon, everyony made it to Brisk Iron's office to find her, Steel Flint, and Dusty Winds discussing a portion of the recent events.

Rhapsody enters the office, and looks to everypony already there. "Well, it seems we've found the cause of all this mayhem." She says and gestures over to Scarlet. Either this is just because he has the box, or that she seen him as the direct cause, or maybe both; but she doesn't elaborate allowing Scarlet to hang himself if he so desires.

"Most probable cause," Static puts in. "At least in a whole 'I don't believe in coincidences' case. Scarlet finished completing that box just as we started hearing about disappearing unicorns." He gives a brief look at Snowy's direction. "With maybe one exception...but he's not looking too good."

"Two, now." Snowy says, in inclining his head to Steel Flint. "Ma'am, can you teleport?"

"Possible cause," Static says in response to Night Cap, nodding towards the box.

"You have a very strange sense of 'probable' Static. Box was assembled thoughtlessly, unicorns disappear. Snowy tries to magical probe the box, box tries to assimilate him. There is no probable here. The Box did something, and now everything's starting to go wrong."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"Most probable," Static reiterated. "And probably best going theory we have right now. But until we know more facts about what's going on, I'm assuming nothing."

Scarlet stands aa straight as he can with the box on his back, and tries to square his shoulders. During their brief walk to Brisk Irons office, his frustration at Rhapsodys anrasiveness has cooled. Allowing him to see that, despite her being fat harsher than seems necessary. Whether this is because her animosity to him because of Amber, the very real danger they are now in, or a combination of both. Scarlet is forced to admit that she is, deservedly or not, right to blame him for their current predicament. Had he waited, had he involved others, or simply considered what the ramifications of the puzzle squares sudden appearance...?

Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda, Son. Its too late for 'but what if' now. Focus on whats ahead. His fathers voice snapped him out of his momentary fugue and back to the present.

Facing the Chief, he cleared his throat.

"I have the catalyst for our current troubles right here Chief. This is what all those puzzle squares STOMP has been finding across Equestria were designed to make. The final pieces were discovered earlier tonight. I therefore decided to complete the device, and attempt to devine its purpose. It is a mechanical construct designed to enact some form of magic. I have been working on the theory that this device, since it is somehow connected to the seemingly lost architect Moonbeam Writ, may well be yhe key to finding him. I also assumed that whatever this construct was, it would need to be activated once built.

I was wrong.

Whatever spell is now in effect and taking teleport Unicorns, activated upon my setting the final square in place."

Not wanting to look at what he'd caused, Scarlet turned his head to Snowy, and gestured to the disturbingly altered portions of his horn.

"It also caused this strange, transmogrification reaction on Snowy, when he attempted to lift the box with magic. How far and how fast this affliction is we do not know.

But it is also a consequence of my constructing the box.

nothing in the notes or prior examination, nor my more recent study, of these puzzle square could even hinted that this might be the outcome of the device. No warning nor injunction not yo complete building the puzzle squares were given. But it is clear now that in my desire to see it built, i did not give proper weight to the facts of this being a device of unknown origin and purpose.

These are not excuses for my actions. Simply the facts."

Scarlet stood silently then, not entirely able to hide his building uncertainty and fear at what was happening.

Snowy shrugs. "Go crazy."

"I wouldn't be so quick to assign blame. While Scarlet and I WILL be having a talk about procedure, nothing from Amber's notes indicated immediate danger. In fact, I was under the impression the Amber was doing the same thing in her free time. However, the most pressing concern is resolving all of this. On that, Steel..." "To answer Snowy's question, no, I can not teleport. Neither can Ready Quill for that matter. We just might have a lead on this. Most of the exterior walls of the Keep have teleport dampening. The teleport room operates a little differently due to the magic circle there to facilitate jumps between museums so you might say it's a weak spot of sorts."

"Still, not being able to teleport doesn't offer complete protection, obviously," Static said giving a nod to Snowy. "So interactions from unicorns are ill advised. Scarlet seems unaffected, so Pegasi seem safe." Static takes a deep breath and walks over to the box and extends a hoof, giving a look to Brisk Iron. "Should I?"

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"I would hold off so we can gather more information first. What information do we have on the pocket dimension within the box? If we had some way to contact Moonbeam Writ, we might be able to inquire more on its workings."

Static looks over to Night Cap. "Please tell me you still have that book."

Snowy looks at Steel Flint with obvious surprise. "It's...in the box? We're talking about Moonbeam Writ's manorspace, right? How have ponies been visiting if it's supposed to be inside the box?"

"It's only a theory but the box might be a door or key of some sort."

"Um, yeah! I think maybe now would be a good time to hoof it over to the chief. Just sayin'."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Caldwin:
"Still, not being able to teleport doesn't offer complete protection, obviously," Static said giving a nod to Snowy. "So interactions from unicorns are ill advised. Scarlet seems unaffected, so Pegasi seem safe." Static takes a deep breath and walks over to the box and extends a hoof, giving a look to Brisk Iron. "Should I?"

"While i would agree that Pegasi are unaffected by whatever is abducting Unicorns. Snowy current affliction did come f! rom use of magic on the box. That's something i haven't tried as of yet."

Zamuel:
"I would hold off so we can gather more information first. What information do we have on the pocket dimension within the box? If we had some way to contact Moonbeam Writ, we might be able to inquire more on its workings."

"I waa kinda close with my supposition then. This is, possibly, the key to Moonbeam. Interesting."

Caldwin:
Static looks over to Night Cap. "Please tell me you still have that book."

"Book? What book?"

Rhapsody looks over to Brisk. "I had previously mentioned to Amber that I felt that there was something off about the box and how easily the pieces just came to us. She dismissed me as being paranoid; I have to wonder if the box somehow just compels a pony to assemble it." She says with a shrug in regards to assigning blame and Amber's role in all this, when mention of the journal is brought up. "Well neither you nor it can likely do much MORE harm at this point." Rhapsody says as she looks to Night Cap, while coming off somewhat cordial to the brown pone, her tone still soun! ds like she considers Scarlet solely at fault here.

Shadewing:
"Well neither you nor it can likely do much MORE harm at this point."

Static winces. "Why would you say something like that?" he mutters under his breath.

Static sighed. "Snowy definitely needs looked at. Just leave the book with us so we can start getting to the bottom of what's going on with it and the box. We need to figure out what's going on and fast."

Brisk Iron eyed Rhapsody. "Suggestive compulsion would explain some things. For the moment...Dusty, lead Night Cap and Snowy to an empty vault room. However, does any pony know the specifics of how the book works?"

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Static tried to think. "The ones who who were actually transported to the mansion space and actually have experience with the book...Night Cap, Light Fantastic and Amber. It's where they found Desert Rose. Maybe we're going to need Night Cap after all." Static growls. "But Snowy probably needs him more at the moment. The basics of it was just to write something."

"It's not like I'm withering away in front of you or something." Snowy says with a scowl. "Night Cap diagnosing me is hardly going to fix my problem. Sort this out first."

"Well, granted I suggested medical attention out of concern. But if you want to go at it from the angle of 'sort this out first...'figuring out what's going on with you can also help us sort this out. It was caused by the box after all."

"Give me the book and everypony stand back."

Shadewing:
Rhapsody looks over to Brisk. "I had previously mentioned to Amber that I felt that there was something off about the box and how easily the pieces just came to us. She dismissed me as being paranoid; I have to wonder if the box somehow just compels a pony to assemble it." She says with a shrug in regards to assigning blame and Amber's role in all this, when mention of the journal is brought up. "Well neither you nor it can likely do much MORE harm at this point." Rhapsody says as she look! s to Night Cap, while coming off somewhat cordial to the brown pone, her tone still sounds like she considers Scarlet solely at fault here.

Scarlet was all for accepting the blame for what is now happening, but this? Rhapsody self-contradictory statement, absolving Amber Spark while placing all the wrongdoing on him was too much.

"So special Amber is fine because got 'compelled' to build this thing, but i'm just that stupid, huh? Thanks Rhopsody, good to see you being so (un)biased about all this," Scarlet snapped.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"The same rules apply to you as they do to her." Snowy says testily. You were supposed to get used to itching, but this magical ailment seemed to disagree with the laws of reality in many respects. "When you have a quarrel, it waits until after the crisis. Night Cap, hand Brisk Iron the book and step back, please. Chances are she'll get her own question."

"I have not said anything negative about you at this meeting, Scarlet." Rhapsody replies simply, backing up Snowy's comment of letting it wait, and while she unloaded on him before the meeting, since they've gotten in the office she's not said anything of malice towards him. While her tone was still there in blaming him, she'd been trying not to actively fight or argue with him while in an official meeting when there was more important business to attend to.

Rhapsody then turns her attention to the book they had examined previously. "It's probably to early to suggest stabbing it with a basilisk fang?" She asks, no more trusting of this mysterious book then of the evil box.

Scarlet sighed.

"I know. I'm sorry. I just...nevermind."

Static put a hoof on Scarlets shoulder and whispered so only he could hear. "Don't worry about Rhapsody. Just make your case to Ms. Iron. She's worked with Rhapsody before. She's smart and fair."

Brisk Iron held up a hoof for everypony to wait, then wrote a single word in the book. "Hello." There was a brief pause until several words were scribed.

Hello!
I do not recognize you but greetings all the same.
I'm so much less lonely than I was before.
I also feel so much more whole.

Brisk Iron briefly waved Night Cap over. "Does the hoofwriting match prior interaction?"

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"Which makes the box sound...less...nefarious. It doesn't seem like any harm was intended. This pony was just lonely. Not that that explains what's going on with Snowy...or how to get everypony back."

Snowy grimaces. "It sounds pretty ominous to me. He doesn't sound particularly inclined to give any of the unicorns back. And that line about feeling whole..." Snowy's lips pursed in thought. He wanted to remind the notepad what had happened to Desert Rose, but perhaps more tact was needed. "We could ask for Moonbeam Writ, and see what we get."

Rhapsody nods at Snowy's assessment. "I would have to agree. Just because something puts on a metaphorical smiling friendly face doesn't mean it's not evil. Don't let soothing words fool you into thinking its completely benign."

"Fair enough. So what's the next move?"

"That was before the box was complete. There's the very real possibility that it couldn't."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Scarlet stared aa the mass of writing 'appeared' on the page.

"Remarkable."

Then he read the words.

"A few months? He's been trapped in there since before Luna fell to darkness? Whatever pocket universe he, and i guess the Unicorns too, are in, it must really mess with your mind.

And this," he added, waving a wing at yhe box on his back, "was meant to be a present for Princess Luna?"

"May not be messing with his head. If that is Moonbeam Writ, he's over 1000 years old. That mansion space must bend time somehow."

Rhapsody read over the page. "Whatever it was meant for, I doubt its doing it now." She replies and closes her eyes, her mind drifting a bit as she recalls similar stories she's heard in the past. "It's not exactly my area of expertise, but Pocket dimensions tend to have their own rules from what I've read about. I've read lore about creatures that can create them on a whim; and they usual decide what their little universe will be like. Not sure if that's what is going on here; though Its clear that time flows differently there, but other elements can be off as well! . We likely wouldn't know without further questions, which might be pointless, or actually going.. which I'm not sure I'd advise." The black pegasus states, whatever anger she's had is currently melted away as she ponders things out loud. "Somehow, the box has likely become corrupted from its original purpose. Do we know if 'Manorspace' is just the manor, or if that's all that's been seen? Its not out of the question to be an infinitely large since the whole manor itself could be dimensionally transcendental, but from Neighpon lore I've also heard of pocket dimensions being large enough to contain entire towns, some even whole worlds..." It was rare to see Rhapsody showing off her more inquisitive researcher side.

"Well, that is helpful information." Rhapsody replies earnestly. "So then, the Manor is very likely the entire dimension, though it being a mobius strip wasn't something I would have expected; but certainly fits within the nature of pocket dimensions all working by different rules. Exploration would likely not be very helpful in the long run, as between it being potentially infinite, and having no normal laws of physics, not just is there the potential to get lost; there is also the potential maps might not even be helpful, as we can't be sure how static the manor is itself. There are theo! ries about how a something that is dimensionally transcendental could actually shift its rooms about, changing them as easily as I might change socks; making any attempt of mapping totally moot, more so if there is a consciousness beyond this 'Moonbeam Writ' controlling the place, if it wanted to mess with its occupants." She wasn't sure if Moonbeam was in control, a prisoner, or what; there wasn't enough facts to make that kind of judgement call. She still considers the box to be potentially malicious though.

"We can ask him." Snowy points. He felt much better about talking to MW now that he knew he had only been alone for months. "You don't crack up just because you spent a few months alone." He spoke from experience. "Well, not too cracked, anyways. Director, can I try writing to him?"

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"We can ask him." Snowy points. He felt much better about talking to MW now that he knew he had only been alone for months. "You don't crack up just because you spent a few months alone." He spoke from experience. "Well, not too much, anyways. Director, can I try writing to him?"

"Normally, no. But in an infinitely large manor, where up and down is meaningless and time has no point? That's entering a level of sensory deprivation, that can have a negative effect on one's mind. Not to mention that there could still be other factors in play that we don't know about that could have also effected him. After all, something caused the box to do this, and I don't think it was him." She advises before adding. "I don't object to asking him more, I however feel that you shouldn't count solely on personal experience less you've also been trapped in a magical dimension where all laws have no meaning" Rhapsody replies, her tone implies that she could actually believe that Snowy just might have been... but was still being cautious in how to deal with this.

"I'm quite sure it has been longer than a month. All signs point to him having been trapped in there since shortly after Luna was banished. Without any clocks, he'd really have no way to know how long it's been. However, if you have questions to ask him, go ahead. We're all at the ready in case something goes wrong."

Snowy was rather certain the director had granted him permission, so there was only a hint of sourness as he swiped the notepad from Static. He speaks aloud as he writes, "Now that the puzzle is created, is there some sort of door, in and out?"

"There should be.
Even with the puzzle incomplete, Desert Rose managed to make it in.
When her friends arrived, they managed to get her out.
I don't know where the entrance would be on your side.
Why do you ask?"

"That doesn't sound good," Scarlet. "How did those that were pulled in to get Desert Rose, get out?"

Carefully moving the puzzle device from his back to the nearby table, Scarlet eyed it.

"Snowy? Although you couldn't find any link at the time, could Moonbeams oddly undamaged mirror back at the old hut actually have a connection point now that the puzzle device is complete?"

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"That...seems oddly likely. I don't know how we'd get there, though, with a nonfunctional teleport room." Snowy looks around. "Should we start breaking the news? Tell him that these unicorns can't stay either, and that we want to try and get him out? I'm imagine he can deal with the time problem later."

Steel Flint spoke up. "From speaking with Desert Rose and from reading the field reports, it seems like it's mirrors as a whole instead of a specific mirror. But yes, let him know of our intent to get everypony out."

Snowy lets out a gusty sigh. "Let's see how this goes." He begins to write aloud once more. "You know from when Desert Rose was trapped that the ponies with you now can't stay. We need to get them out, and we'd like to get you out as well. Do you think you can leave the manor? Is it possible?"

"I can try.
I now know who I am and that means a lot.
For a while, I had lost that.
Thank you.
It may be more difficult without the book but I'll point them to the exit.
Please be ready for them."
Brisk Iron nodded for Dusty Winds to lead everypony to the teleport room.

"should i keep the box with me still?"

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Static opens his mouth to say something.

[What's the worst that could happen?]

Static closes his mouth and goes to the back of the line leaving the room.

"Keep it with you, just in case we need it," Brisk Iron said.

Elsewhere, Misty Monsoon was sleeping soundly for the night. Within her dream, she was flying over the open ocean with water as far as she could see. However, something caught her eye. There was a single cloud floating no more than a foot above the water. Setting on the cloud was a single, delicious looking bale of hay.

"Since when has this team had backplans?" Rhapsody asks somewhat sarcastically.

"We've always had them. It's just that they never work." Snowy says, his mind still mostly on how to fix his horn.

"Gosh... I really feel like I've been flying such a long time, haven't I?"

She spots the bale of hay sitting on the cloud. Even if it wasn't delicious, it would still hold her attention for being the first interesting thing she's come across. She swoops down towards the cloud until she's close enough to hover just above it, ready to take a bite.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"If things go wrong, I think the plan is to find a place of your own in manor space and be prepared to call it home for a very...long...time."

Static sighed deeply.

"Sooooo, let's make sure we get this right!"

"If something hostile comes out and it looks beat upable, Raphsody and I can take it. If it looks like we're outclassed, leave it to Snowy."

His grin said he was joking. His nervous swallowing of the lump in his throat said he was preparing himself for just that eventuality.

"Static, keep to the back. If things get out of control, we'll need you to get communication on standby. Everypony else stand ready. Night Cap, give me the book."

As Misty Monsoon began to slow to a hover, she saw something very large moveunder the water.

With everypony in the teleport room and ready, they waited for what would happen next. After an extended stillness, a unicorn appeared in a state of confusion. Brisk Iron nodded to her and she stepped off to the side. Static Signal got a message relayed from Ready Quill that unicorns were slowly returning to the other bases. Over the next few minutes, more returned until all were back. All except Moonbeam Writ. There was a small warping of the air in the center of the room.

"I'm trying to cross through but it's so hard.I don't know if I can make it."
Steel Flint walked forward and waved a hoof through the warp before announcing, "Snowy, I think it's up to our magic to pull him through. Everypony else, you may need to help brace us."

Spoiler

"Someone tell him to remember reality. Focus on his favorite foods, etc." Snowy says, squaring his shoulders and joining Steel Flint on the platform. The irony of the situation was not lost on him. A few weeks ago, he would have been terrified that a large magical working would break his control and expose him to the windigoes. Now he was terrified of this ornate fungus on his horn doing something even worse. It seemed at this point as though his magic existed entirely to endanger his life. "I'd ask him for a favorite song, but it's probably too out of date for me to know. Still, it can't hurt to try." He really did want to help Moonbeam Writ. Not just for his sake but to prevent more ponies from being pulled into manorspace. So, once more, he had to risk his life. Dangerous habits, indeed.

Spoiler

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"Whoa-oa-oa!" Misty flutters wildly and does her best to gain altitude. Whatever that was, she would feel safer if she got a better look from a distance.

Brisk Iron quickly wrote out Snowy Skies' question about music.

"My favorite piece of music?
I once saw an opera by Marezart and it always inspired me.
I can't remember the full title but part of it is 'The Abduction'.
I do remember it was about a kidnapping and rescue.
How fitting."
Spoiler

Scarlet approached the two Unicorns, and opened up his magic to them. He figured that, even if his specific magical abilities weren't likely to any good. Extra power was extra power.

Spoiler

Thus, Scarlet wound his magic into that of Snowy and Steels. Allowing them to manipulate it as they saw fit.

Misty Monsoon managed to dodge just in time as titanic jaws rose out of the water and snapped around where the cloud and hay were. Catching a better look, she saw they belonged to a killer whale that was larger than any creature she had ever seen. Not even Amaroq or Barometz matched it. Its body wasn't just white but was literally made of snow, indicating that this whale within her dream was none other than the "Snow Shark" that plagued Warning Sound!

Spoiler

Misty circles above, watching the beast below. Fortunately, the Snow Shark's white body made it easier to spot from above the dark waters than a normal shark or orca. She pays careful attention the motion of its massive body. What was it doing here?

Spoiler

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Misty Monsoon saw that as she watched and studied the Snow Shark, it watched her. The air temperture was droppingrapidly and then she realized something. Though her circling was making a deliberate effort to retain the same altitude...she wasn't. Either the see was rising or the sky was lowering because she was getting closer and closer to the Snow Shark as it dove under the water.

Static knew the piece. The museum always did seem to have the goal of instilling young foals with knowledge of the classics. Marezart, Neightoven,

It wasn't his favorite style of music. He much preferred guitars, drums and harsh rhythms...the thrashier the better.

Still, the classics had been hammered well into his head and he well knew this one.

He wasn't sure what kind illusion he should make to go with the sound. He knew how the music went. He heard it so often he could separate the different parts. But to say he could pin point each individual note that came from each individual instrument? ! Well, he wasn't Snowy after all. And Snowy would probably find any attempt Static made to put a visual orchestra with the music he produced very laughable.

Still, he usually found a visual to go along with the audio to help. A generic string section here, brass there, a decent percussion section, woodwinds and...whatever the tartarus those things were called.

Not even bothering with any buildup or some illusionary conductor, Static just started in with the music as best as he could remember.

Static knew the piece. The museum always did seem to have the goal of instilling young foals with knowledge of the classics. Marezart, Neightoven,

It wasn't his favorite style of music. He much preferred guitars, drums and harsh rhythms...the thrashier the better.

Still, the classics had been hammered well into his head and he well knew this one.

He wasn't sure what kind illusion he should make to go with the sound. He knew how the music went. He heard it so often he could separate the different parts. But to say he could pin point each individual note that came from each individual instrument? ! Well, he wasn't Snowy after all. And Snowy would probably find any attempt Static made to put a visual orchestra with the music he produced very laughable.

Still, he usually found a visual to go along with the audio to help. A generic string section here, brass there, a decent percussion section, woodwinds and...whatever the tartarus those things were called.

Not even bothering with any buildup or some illusionary conductor, Static just started in with the music as best as he could remember.

"You know you'd be better for this Snowy." Rhapsody states. "I'm more of a vocalist, and you really think Static has the skill to pull something like this off?" She wasn't bashing Static, just stating a clear truth. They'd pretty much ALL seen Snowy's climactic end to the Queen fight; if there was anyone that could pull this off it, it was Snowy. The black pegasus huffs and shakes her head as she looks over to Static, it seemed like they were just gonna have to wing it since he's too busy.

She rubbed her brow with one of her rainbow clothed hooves and looks to Static. "Follow my lead, try to keep up." She says, her voice calm as she focuses on her idea. She starts to work the bit of the conductor,her wings working to direct the parts of the music and the instruments as she feels out the music in her head. The version she played was slightly different the the classic one. It was still the same song, but somewhat more contemporary, a bit more upbeat, and just moderately faster tempo, there seemed to be an urgency to the song. She the song itself had given her a level of inspiration, but she wasn't looking to just replay the regular song; that was Snowy's thing and if he was too busy to actually do the orchestration, then she'd do it her way. As she conducts she also speaks to static, using her Audiomancy so that only he can hear her; not because she it was a private conversation, but rather that she didn't want the talk and directions to be heard with the music. "Replace the cymbals with actual drums, give it a real bit of percussion. Familiar, but new; like the world Moonbeam will soon find himself in."

"Also, cut the instruments. Don't try to copy Snowy's show stopper. No, rather I want you do create something entirely different. Remember the outfit Flairvoyent was wearing at the Petrichor Falls dinner? Use that as a base line." She starts as she Gives Static specific instruction on how to craft the new image; an image of a tall sultry mare in red trench coat tied with a yellow sash, curly black mane and tail against a tan coat, a similarly red fedora that always seemed to cover one eye; and a globe with a question mark inside of it as a cutie mark that could occasionally be seen under the coat as she moved about. Being based on Flairvoyent's outfit also meant that the new mystery mare was inspired by the actress Diamond Dazzler from her role in Mystery of the Mulberry Spectacle. "I'm gonna need you to project it off the mirror and into the Portal. I have no idea if this will work, but its the best idea I have."

The mare seemed aware of her surrounding, looking to the group with a coy grin. "Oh my, It seems that I am surrounded." She says, not seeming concerned to be 'caught', Rhapsody now changing the focus of her Audiomancy to act as if the illusion is speaking, her voice matching her looks, strong, sultry, cunning and intelligent with a hint of enigma. "And it seems you all are stuck on this little puzzle of yours. What a predicament we seem to be in. I suppose I, the magnificent Globe Trotter can help you. This one time." The image says as she dashed gracefully gathering up speed as she darted towards a wall with a mirror and the jumped against the wall, seeming to use it the wall to rebound off of as she spreads a pair of hidden winds from under her trench coat. With a aileron roll she twists herself right side up and flies into the portal; the image piggybacking on the magical 'tether' the others were using to help guide Moonbeam to his freedom, to give him something visual as well as audial to focus on to find the exit. Rhapsody could be very theatrical when she wished, and somehow it struck her as now was the time to be so; maybe the music was inspiring her; maybe the whole mystery and Story of Moonbeam moved her. Whatever it was, she was showing her strengths lied more in just the physical realm.

Spoiler

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Deep in concentration, Snowy nods. "Not bad," He concedes "Less showmanship and more utility would be nice, but I understand how it is when you get carried away." Though his eyes are closed, for a moment, that doesn't matter: he can hear the pulse of the drums, the steady hum of violin strings, the bursts of horn sound, and even see the illusory scene playing out in front of him. A moment later, everyone else can see them too, as the sounds themselves stream towards his horn, barely-visible vibrations all being guided to a single point. Though the music is uninterrupted, everyone can see as the sounds fold in, gathering at the tip of his horn, until a tiny ball ! shimmers with internal vibrations. Though there's nothing to show it, everyone in the room knows that Globe Trotter and her whole scene were pulled into the ball as well.

Snowy nods again. "This may actually hold between worlds." His voice is wrapped in the pitch and the beat of the music, making it hard to focus on. "Ms. Flint, if we're going somewhere, can you take me now? I'll follow your lead, and bring this with me."

Static wasn't used to such theatrics. His illusions were usually very utilitarian, meant to distract. Very rarely were they meant to be the show itself.

But under Rhapsody's instruction, he was able to mold his illusion into something very theatrical...and he kinda liked it. He also liked the updates to the music that she suggested.

Now it looked like it was up to Snowy and Ms. Flint.

Misty realizes that she doesn't have much time left. Every second that passed brought the beast closer and closer. She prepares to unleash the height of her weathercrafting powers. Waterspouts, hurrican winds, lightning and thunder. The winds begin to rise...

Then, she stops. Her body hangs limp, defeated, as she realizes... underwater, it only had to dive deep... and wait. Wait for her to expend all of her energy, and then she'd be easy prey.

"One does not simply stop the Snow Shark. If Amaroq can't stop it, what makes you think you can?"

Why? Why was it here?

"...it's vengeful. It remembers if you get away and much moreso, it remembers if you saved someone else."

Why was she here? Far over the ocean, so far away from... home...

Yes, this was exactly like a...

Nightmare.

Deep in concentration, Snowy nods. "Not bad," He concedes "Less showmanship and more utility would be nice, but I understand how it is when you get carried away." Though his eyes are closed, for a moment, that doesn't matter: he can hear the pulse of the drums, the steady hum of violin strings, the bursts of horn sound, and even see the illusory scene playing out in front of him. A moment later, everyone else can see them too, as the sounds themselves stream towards his horn, barely-visible vibrations all being guided to a single point. Though the music is uninterrupted, everyone can see as the sounds fold in, gathering at the tip of his horn, until a tiny ball ! shimmers with internal vibrations. Though there's nothing to show it, everyone in the room knows that Globe Trotter and her whole scene were pulled into the ball as well.

Snowy nods again. "This may actually hold between worlds." His voice is wrapped in the pitch and the beat of the music, making it hard to focus on. "Ms. Flint, if we're going somewhere, can you take me now? I'll follow your lead, and bring this with me."

Rhapsody hehs softly. "Snowy, I thought you'd know by now I've never been utilitarian. When I put on a show, I want everypony to be enraptured by it." It could show in her battle ballads, or even something as simple as dancing, she made sure to be to captivate, such how she was able to inspire all the ponies on the dock to storm a potential COIN warehouse with a song. Even without her alter-ego, Rhapsody was very much a show mare at heart when she put her creativity front and center.

As the music triumphantly swelled, all other sounds in the room seemed to quietly mute like an audience in awe. As Steel Flint and Snowy Skies worked their magic, the ripple in the air shifted sideways in two halves--like a stage curtain opening--and out tumbled Moonbeam Writ. He struggled to stand on his hooves but was wobbly as a newborn foal and he soon collapsed. The rift forcibly shut which caused two things to happen. First, everypony in the room heard the sound of a massive padlock shut. Second, the box of rose gold with white alabaster etchings shattered back into all of its original squares.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Static stood motionless for a moment, wondering if it was okay to move. After looking tentatively around, he took a deep breath and sighed. "Night Cap, I think you're up." He took another look around the room. He then took out his Morse Code transmitter.

REQUEST STATUS OF MISSING UNICORNS.

ALL MUSEUMS HAVE REPORTED THEM AS BEING PRESENT AND ACCOUNTED FOR.

Static turned to regard Brisk Iron. "All the museums are reporting the missing unicorns are back." Static looks over to Moonbeam Writ. "I'm just assuming...but...Mr. Moonbeam Writ?"

"Yes, I am." His voice was weary as he lay on the ground.

Scarlet watched (and listened) as the musical, magical creations guided Moonbeam Writ back to reality. Rhapsodys illusory mar 'Globe Trotter' had been particularly fascinating to watch. So dashing and sultry and lifelike and, familiar...?

Looking closely at the Fedora sporting thief in the brief moment before she leapt towards the rift, Scarlet tried to figure out why he thought he recognised Rhapsodys phantom.

Then his eyebrows shot up.

"Mom?" Just managing to keep his voice low (ish), Scarlet couldn't conceal his surprise as his saw the Mulberry Spactacle mare. As he saw the little quirks of design and expression that only someone who knew his mothers performaces could know.

He turned to ask Rhapsody whether this was true, only to remember that there was still plenty of friction and distrust between them right now. His epsudden enthusiasm now tinged with a bittersweet note, he held back and...

POP!

"Aaaahh!!"

Scarlet jumped and spun as he 'heard' the universeal padlock reseal itself. Yhen jumped again as the puzzle box on his back abruptly unhinged itself and fell apart. Its rose gold and alabaster components tumbling in every direction.

Hoping that perhaps nobody had noticed, seeing as they had successfully retrieved Moonbeam Writ and the Unicorns. Scarlet busied himself collecting the now selerated puzzle squares, stacking them carefully, and then retied them to his back for safekeeping.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Night Cap couldn't find any lingering magic from the manor on Moonbeam Writ. In fact, he seemed magically drained from the long period of inactivity.

As Night Cap toiled over Moonbeam, Static saw the break in the action as a chance to take a breather. He walked over to Scarlet. "As much time as you probably worked on that, I must say I'm glad to see it in pieces again. Probably a good idea to keep it that way. You okay?"

Snowy sighs in relief as the itch on his horn faded away. The ball of sound and color falls from his horn and cracks apart like a ball of ice before vanishing without a trace. As he stretches the kinks out of his neck, he mutters, "She's going to be running through my dreams for weeks. And that song will be stuck in my head for months." Despite Night Cap's orders to stand back, he approaches Moonbeam Writ. "I'm very glad you're okay, sir." He was done pretending that he had a reason to empathize with the old stallion. A pony had been in a terrible position, and he had wanted to help them. Was that so strange that he had to rationalize it?

"I couldn't agree with you more Static," Scarlet said. "Despite the positive outcome of all this, you and Rhapsody had the right of it. I should have know better."

Gesturing with a wing towards the stacked pieces on his back, Scarlet continued.

"I was so sure that this would open the way to Moonbeam Writ. And, in a way, i wasn't to far wrong. I just never thought of what elde might happen. I mean, disappearing Unicorns and that magical backlash thing tha affected Snowy. Buck, i hope he's alright!

So yeah, i think we should store these under a big sign saying 'DO NOT TOUCH!'. Letting out a low chuckle, Scarlet smiled a slightly sad smile. "I got off lightly compated to everypony else."

"Anyway. Nice work with those illusions and the music. You and Rhapsody did a great job of creating an enchanting guide to help with Snowy and Steels magical...tether i guess?"

"Don't beat yourself up too much about it. We may need to work on company protocol when it comes to building puzzle pieces we don't know what they do, but everything turned out all right. All the unicorns have returned, Snowy seems all right, Moonbeam's been returned from a very lonely, very long exile. And between you and me...you're not the first one of the STOMP team to do something stupid."

Static patted his projector affectionately. "Thanks for the complement. This turtleshell may not be the most stylish thing I ever wore, but we sure have been through a lot. Still,! I was just an instrument this time. Rhapsody was the one who told me what form to give everything."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"Huh. Interesting. So whose idea was the 'Globe Trotter'?

As to this whole situation," Scarlet sighed. "Even though this is a much better result than...other mission i've be--read about. I'll wait til i talk to the Chief before relaxing.

And Rhapsody too.

"The Globe Trotter was Rhapsody's idea.

"And I already told you not to worry. Rhapsody would throw a pony under the bus for...well...just about anything.

"And as for Ms. Iron...well...she didn't fire me. I seriously doubt she's going to fire you. The regulations for what you were doing just weren't there. That's not your fault. She knows that. Trust me, I'd bet the only reason she wants to see you over this is to figure out what needs to happen to make sure it doesn't happen again.

"Besides, everything seems to have turned out better than alright. So some unicorns were...inconvenienced. We freed somepony who's been trapped for more than a century. That's a good day in my book."

[Still fried that transmitter/receiver I've been working on for a week.]

[Cry about it!]

Spoiler

Night Cap found that Moonbeam Writ was suffering from a lack of normal nourishment but was otherwise fine. It would simply take time for him to get back to normal. Meanwhile, the stallion weakly nodded in response to Snowy Skies.

As Misty Monsoon tried to get bearing of her surroundings and contemplated her fate, the Snow Shark leaped out of the water with jaws open wide.

Spoiler

"Yikes!" Misty takes a hard turn to escape the massive, gaping maw.

Spoiler

Static cringes. "Hospital food?"

[After more than 1000 years and the first thing he gets is...hospital food???]

"I'm so sorry, Moonbeam. Just...go for the carrots. They're...kinda...bearable."

Misty Monsoon narrowly dodged with her swift movement but the Snow Shark began to give chase. That is until...it stopped. Diving back under the water it then leaped completely out of the ocean. Twisting so that it landed on its side the sound of its giant splash cataclysmically echoed for miles. The ocean flash froze and from where the Snow Shark landed, waves spread out in all directions and rose to impossible heights. The mixture of water, snow, and ice was about to crash down on...

"MISTY! MISTY, WAKE UP!" Wingston Blues shook Misty Monsoon awake, revealing that the roof she was sleeping on had frozen over and that she was covered in a snowy slush. A gentle scent of chamomile wafted in the air. "Are...are you alright?"

Spoiler

"Zzz... No, I can't... can't give up... huh?"
Misty picks her head up. "Oh, hi, Wingston, what are you doing here?" she asks in a slurred, groggy-sounding voice.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Rhapsody was gonna suggest that it'd be only right for the Princesses to decide what to do about the box, as it is technically there's afterall. However as the of announcement she blinks. "Well... I think we know where the puzzle box is going to next then..." She replies, not really sure what else she can say also being rather shocked at the news the Princesses were gonna be here so soon.

"Oh." Misty's legs break free from the ice, one by one, until she's able to stand up. "What's chamomile?"

"The Princessess! Both of them? Coming here!"

Statics confidence in how thoroughly they had averted the current crisis, and gotten Moonbeam Writ out of a seemingly hopeless interdimensional trap, had started to rub off on him. He had been starting to feel (almost) good about things.

Not now though.

To see Celestia and Luna up close would be incredible! Except that they were obviously rushing to the Keep because of what had just happened. And what had just happened, was his fault!

"Oh dear sweet merciful Princessess," he murmured in a low voice.

"I'm sure they'd like to meet the pony who helped save their old friend from his long exile," Static said to Scarlet.

With a self-deprecating laugh, Scarlet cocked his head at Static.

"The Pony? I'm pretty sure that it was you and Snowy and Steel and Rhapsody that saved the day here.

I kind of crowbarred open the door to a pocket universe by accident."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"A door, without which, me, Snowy, Steel and Rhapsody wouldn't have been able to do anything. Moonbeam's here as much because of you as us. You take too much blame and not enough credit."

[Night Cap wants to keep his puzzle tile.]​
"I'd hate to tell her I don't have it."

"We'll see if i deserve any credit when the Princessess turn up the won't we," he said with a slightly more cheerful chuckle. Turning to Night Cap and added.

"I'd ask the Chief about that, Night Cap. aa you said, your friend didn't know what it was at the time. However, it is still a oart of the whole device. If this thing didn't have so much mystery surrounding it, on top of what just happened, i would say yes but... It might be better just to let the Princessess lock it away for good.

Go talk to the Chief, ok?"

A nearby Snowy shrugs. "It seems reasonable to me. It adds an extra layer to the security. We just lock up all the rest of the pieces. Then anyone that wants to reassemble it has to break into the vaults and steal his piece, and I don't even know where he's going to keep it."

"Then we need to impress upon her that even Moonbeam Writ admits that the construction is flawed, and that it is capable of holding ponies against their will for a thousand years." Snowy says firmly. "We don't need another millenium with one princess."

Top Bottom