[IC] Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Misty smiles.

"I think I'm going to take a few moments and wait for the butterflies in my tummy to calm down."

Snowy smiles back. "That sounds like a brilliant idea. After all, Maple should be back soon."

"Oh thank goodness!" the bartender says with a sigh of relief. "Just tell me if you need anything else."

Ocean leans in even closer to Night Cap and whispers in his ear with what could only be described as a purr. "And would you rather go back to the table with your friends, or keep dancing?"

As Rhapsody dances, gradually everypony around her stops. The entire dance floor just...stops! The mare across from her was also looking good in the spot light, but that was easily chalked up to the synergy she was getting from Rhapsody.

At the prodding of Static giving a name the chant, pretty soon the entire building was chanting "Rhapsody, Rhapsody, Rhapsody!" With a little help from the sidelines, the chorus was also joined in with shouts of "Aria, Aria, Aria!"

Rhapsody could tell that Aria was not used to this kind of attention. But thanks to Rhapsody's expert skill, she still came off looking good.

After the dance was over, Aria walked over to the side lines with Rhapsody. "Wow! Thanks for the dance. I haven't felt like that for a long time." Aria seemed to hesitate. "Umm, Rhapsody? I...I'm afraid I have a confession. There...were no other stallions. I just saw you and...well...I just had to get to know you. Please don't be mad!"

"It's been a while for me as well." She replies as she takes a seat. "Yes, I figured from the start. You pointed in a non-direction and no pony even remotely in that area actually seemed to be looking at you. It was why I was going to turn you down, but with most my colleagues making utter fools of themselves, I felt they needed to see what real dancing was. So we both win, you get to know me more and we've shown the club what it's like to dance among stars." She replies and then hehs softly. "But I'm not mad, I see too much of myself in you to be mad, Aria" she says in lighter less analytical tone.

Ocean grins, leaning her head against Night Cap's for a slow dance. "Right choice."

Aria smiles and looks down with a bit of a blush. "Thank you. So...would you like to get something to drink?"

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Maple finishes handing out the autographs and vouchers and goes to the bar for two cups of water.

"I think that second pint was enough... its a little warm in here." Maple says sitting down next to Misty and sliding the other glass over to her.

Spoiler

Swaying along with Oasis, Scarlet smiled back at her, a little sadly.

"A lot of ponies from back them have moved on, or got lost. Its nice to find a friend." With a low chuckle, he added. "Its also nice of you to think i'm a good dancer, cause i'm really only average at best."

As the song ended, Scarlet gave jaunty bow to his dancing partner.

"Thank you for this Oasis. Shall we head back to my friends table? I see Oceans taken quite the shine to Night Cap."

"Ocean?" Oasis directs her attention to the couple. "Well! Will wonders never cease!? Ocean's always been an incurable flirt, but I dare say this is the first time I've seen her on the dance floor. She's...never been too proud about..." Oasis stops herself from saying any more. "You're right though. We should get back. Ace gets nervous when he's left alone behind the bar for too long. We should do it again sometime though."

"Indeed we shall," Scarlet agrees. "I'll follow you to the bar and pick another drink on the way then."

"Alone sucks," Ocean agreed. "But we're open every night. I work week days. I expect to see more of you after tonight."

"You want to stick with cider? We have all kinds of non-alcoholic drinks. Just name it."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"So how come you aren't over there dancing Mr. Skies?" Maple asks...trying to keep her eyes on him and not drift over to Misty.

Aria smiles and looks down with a bit of a blush. "Thank you. So...would you like to get something to drink?"

RHapsody nods some "Sure, why not." She replies

Aria's face beams as she walks back to the bar with Raphsody. "Well, this seems to be the night for trying something reckless. I'll have a Curly Tail-Pull."

Oasis grabs a glass and a mixer before stopping dead in her tracks. "Island or mainland?"

After a confused discussion about what an island CTP was, Aria opted for the mainland.

[GSO]​
"Your choice. Surprise me."

Oasis serves up Aria's CTP and turned back to Scarlet. "You know what? Let's make this a thing. I could use the practice." Oasis mixed up Curly Tail-Pull for Scarlet. The island and mainland versions looked remarkably similar, but Scarlet knew he could trust Oasis.

Oasis then turned to Rhapsody. "And for you?"

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Spoiler

Misty lifts her head up and takes the glass of water. "Thanks, Maple."

As Maple asks Snowy her question, Misty takes a long drink.

Ocean shrugged. "Between your day and night shifts, over the weekend when we're both off. C'mon, N.C.! I'm not in the habit of begging."

Destron D-69:
"So how come you aren't over there dancing Mr. Skies?" Maple asks...trying to keep her eyes on him and not drift over to Misty.

Snowy grimaces. He wasn't much for dancing. "I'm not too interested. I just like to watch others dance." He angles his horn towards Rhapsody and Aria.

Scarlet accepts his drink and takes a sip.

"Mmm, fruity. I like it."

Scarlet waves to Oasis as he heads back to his seat.

"Hey all."

[Night Cap]​
"I work every night. But I suppose it might not be the end of the world if I were to take a night off once in a while."

"There ya go," Ocean said, tightening her embrace on Night Cap. "That's what I wanted to hear."

Static walked back down to the bar after several songs of dancing. He was going to say something to Rhapsody about how amazing her dancing was when he noticed Aria was still with her. He simply smiled and ordered another cider.

[Night Cap, obviously]​
He reacts slowly as always, unsure of what's happening. But he makes a decision. Slowly, he puts some effort of his own into the embrace.

He realizes this may throw off the week's effort budget. But at the moment he is okay with work making that sacrifice for the greater good.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Snowy looks at Scarlet. "You wanted to hear about how Night Cap saved me, right?"He says, taking a large swig of cider. He sets his mug down, brings his hooves together, and opens them again in a gesture that would be quite familiar to Light Fantastic. Between his hooves is a tiny house, which splits down the middle on an unseen hinge to reveal a maze of corridors, the floors thick with plush carpet, the walls covered in paintings of tiny little austere ponies. On the ground floor, a miniature snowy pelts down the corridor, panting with exhaustion, as an unpainted miniature trots after him in an unhurried manner. Closer inspection reveals that the pony is not undecorated, and merely made of ice, with tiny frozen hoofprints in a trail behind it. Exceptionally close inspection would reveal that the miniature was, in fact, a 're-skin' of Snowy.

"Do you ever have those dreams where you just instinctively know that if something happens before you wake up, you WILL die? Those totally happen to everyone, right?" He says, in surprisingly good humor despite the plight of his mini-me. "If this thing caught up to me, I was dead. Done for. Gone. Kaput. I'd been running from it for nights, but my dream-self was getting tired. Suddenly..." As the pair of ponies passed through the parlor, the front door opened, and mini-Night Cap stepped in. He was carrying a bizarre-looking scepter in one hoof, and as he watched the chase unfold he tilted his head, confused. He clearly made his decision quickly, though, as he swung the scepter in a wide arc, shattering the nearby ice-pony (who hadn't even acknowledged his presence) into tiny pieces.

"That didn't work as well as we might have hoped." He says drily, as the tiny shards of ice melt down, slowly reforming and refreezing into the same blank model of Snowy. "So now we're both running from the monster." Snowy says, waving a hoof in circles as the scene speeds up. Snowy and Night Cap zoom through the house, pulling together barricades for the ice-pony to melt through and dropping bookcases on it with little affect.

"And he was all 'why are you here?' and I was all 'I LIVE HERE, WHY ARE YOU HERE?' and eventually I ran out of ideas, and then Night Cap set the house on fire." Despite his good cheer, Snowy shudders. "I don't do well with fire. I passed out on the spot." He tugs his mini-me out of the mansion and enshrouds it in a black circle as the mansion burned to the ground. "Let me tell you, it's a whole new level of creepy when you know you're dreaming, but you can't sense anything. But eventually I woke up, and the house was ashes around me." He pulls the tiny pony out of the bubble and lays him back in the cinders.

"Night Cap was still there, completely unharmed, but he only stuck around long enough to say goodbye. I only stayed functional long enough to do the same, and then I passed out, and woke up for real." He wipes the whole scene off the table like he's sweeping up some cigarette ash. "The Ice pony came back, but it never had the same sense of lethality. It was just a normal nightmare, nothing dangerous." He sits back in his chair and drains his drink. "So, your mother works in film?"

Even though Snowy may have been speaking directly to Scarlet, Static was no less enthralled with the story and the menagerie. "Wow!" He looked up to Night Cap still on the dance floor. "I'd never heard that before."

Scarlets eyes widened as Snowy, quite casually, layed out a truly unsettling story of night time terror.

"I've...had dreams of fear pursuing me before sure. But nothing like yhat. Nothing that went into the realms of actual mystical harm. Did you have any inkling of what might have turned your night terror from dreamworld fear to actual threa--!"

Scarlet stopped short. What was that just now.

His mother? Ponyfeathers this Unicorn had a good ear when it came to picking up on things!

Smiling nervously, Scarlet weighed his options. Realizing almost immediately the Snowy was more thsn sharp enough to see through any didsembling he might try

"Yes," he said slowly. "I told you my parents travel a lot right? Well, sometimes its for my fathers work. And so etimes its location hunting for a film. Leaning forward and lowering his voice so only (hopefully) Snowy would hear, Scarlet continued reluctantly. "Have you heard of, Diamond Dazzler?

Maple's mask was a little restrictive. But Seeing Night Cap and Rhapsody like this... just made her smile, and that was on top of Misty being awesome... and...

O_O ... oh!

Thank goodness for the mask, because the blush this sudden realization brought to Maple's face - a pony might think her coat was as red as her mane.

"Diamond Dazzler? She's done a few Mystery and Adventure movies. You're parents know Dimond Dazzler? Have you ever met her?"

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Scarlet squirmed uncomfortably as Static caught his lowered voice this time.

This just isn't my night for keeping things on the down low, he thought with a sigh.

And yet...

He couldn't help a mischeiveous, if hesitant, grin spread across his face.

"You...could say that i've met her. Although i always call her... Mom."

Static sputtered his drink. "So...you know a little bit about her then!"

Scarlet nodded slowly.

"I do.

I certainly know more truth than the tabloids could ever claim to know," he said with venom. "Idiot hacks trying to paint her as some elitist diva!"

"Pfft! That's just tabloids all over. I can't believe anypony actually takes anything they say seriously!"

"That must be wonderful. Knowing more about your mom then other people do." while the words alone might come off as a bit of a downer... Maple's smile never faultered she was genuinely happy for Scarlet.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Around this sort of conversation, Snowy had always wanted to giggle uncontrollably. He normally kept a tight lid on that sort of thing, but thank to his (apparently) shockingly low alcohol tolerance, he did nothing to repress the fit of giggles at this back-and-forth between Scarlet and Static. "Do you have any family friends that aren't world-famous?" He gets out.

Aria's face beams as she walks back to the bar with Raphsody. "Well, this seems to be the night for trying something reckless. I'll have a Curly Tail-Pull."

"I suppose I'll have the same." Rhapsody replies with a with half shrug, not really paying any attention to the others, somewhat purposefully since they're all huddling up to that usurper. At least this way she didn't have to deal with any traitors that so easily accept him. He just coincidentally shows up there the day Amber left, and just so happens to take over all her projects and role on the team; and we're suppose to just act like its nothing? She huffs and shakes her head a bit as she looks over to Aria. "So what do you do, when not hitting on random ponies in bars?" She asks with a soft chuckle.

Fnu Aw:
He reacts slowly as always, unsure of what's happening. But he makes a decision. Slowly, he puts some effort of his own into the embrace.

He realizes this may throw off the week's effort budget. But at the moment he is okay with work making that sacrifice for the greater good.

They dance for what seems like eternity. All the other dancers fade away. The music, the entire world...everything just fades away. For the moment, Night Cap and Ocean are the only two beings in existence...until.

"The music's stopped," Ocean notes, her voiced tinged with regret. The slow romantic music is suddenly switched up with another fast paced synth dance song. Ocean sighs. "Want to go get another drink while we wait for the next slow song?"

Shadewing:
"I suppose I'll have the same." Rhapsody replies with a with half shrug, not really paying any attention to the others, somewhat purposefully since they're all huddling up to that usurper. At least this way she didn't have to deal with any traitors that so easily accept him. He just coincidentally shows up there the day Amber left, and just so happens to take over all her projects and role on the team; and we're suppose to just act like its nothing? She huffs and shakes her head a bit as she looks over to Aria. "So what do you do, when not hitting on random ponies in bars?" She asks with a soft chuckle.

Aria shrugs. "Right now? I'm between bands. It's harder than you'd think. For all the bands you see make it big and soak up the fame and fortune, there's so many that just don't make it." Aria glances at her cutiemark with a bit of a scoff. "I may have to find some other job if I don't find another band soon." She shakes her concerns away as she takes a long drawl from her drink. "Worries for tomorrow though. What about you?"

Aria shrugs. "Right now? I'm between bands. It's harder than you'd think. For all the bands you see make it big and soak up the fame and fortune, there's so many that just don't make it." Aria glances at her cutiemark with a bit of a scoff. "I may have to find some other job if I don't find another band soon." She shakes her concerns away as she takes a long drawl from her drink. "Worries for tomorrow though. What about you?"

She opens her mouth as if to ask something else, but just can't quite seem to bring herself to ask it.

Rhapsody nods some as Aria replies "I work as an astronomer for the Keep." She answers. "What is on your mind?"

"You don't seem to be getting along too well with your friends there. You've given that pegasus, I think they're calling him Scarlet, all kinds of glares. Did...something happen? I mean, I'm sure it's none of my business. It's just..." Aria breaks eye contact, going for another drink from her glass.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
(You're right, it IS none of your business.) Rhapsody thinks but quickly brushes that response away. "They're my co-workers, nothing more." Rhapsody states. "I hadn't expected them here." She says and then smiles. "Besides, a pretty mare like you shouldn't worry about any of that. There are more important things to deal with." She says, using flattery to try and chance the subject.

Sunbeam:
Around this sort of conversation, Snowy had always wanted to giggle uncontrollably. He normally kept a tight lid on that sort of thing, but thank to his (apparently) shockingly low alcohol tolerance, he did nothing to repress the fit of giggles at this back-and-forth between Scarlet and Static. He can barely get out, "Do you have any family friends that aren't world-famous?"

"Family friends? No no, my mother is Diamond Dazzler," he said in response to Snowys cheerfully giggly question.

"Thats why i know Shale Antiquity. My parent like her music quite a bit, and" lowering his voice again. "A few of my mothers films have music produced and performed by her. Yhough you're unlikely to find her name in the credits."

Seconds after he finished speaking, Scarlet remembered that Snowy (Ponyfeathers!) knew about "Auntie Jade Eyes".

"Other than that, i really don't remember many of the ponies my parents know," he said honestly. "My Mom knows a few filmmakers and producer yypes obviously. My father...? Well his expertise lies in what yhe films my mothers stars in are about. Give or take some artistic license. Dad is, Emerald Endeavour."

Scarlet fidgeted nervously in his seat. Knowledge of his parents, when it came it, had lead to a number of reactions. Ranging all the way from acceptance, to indifference, to outright resentment.

Mentall, Scarlet crossed everything that could be crossed, and waited.

Ocean Dive leads Night Cap down to the bar and goes behind the counter. "So what'll you have?"

"Ack! Having to deal with co-workers on your time off? That does suck!" Aria says, bobbing her head in agreement. "What rotten luck of all the bars in this city they all just happen to stumble in to this one! They probably can't hear us from over here, but if you want, we can get a table on the other side of the bar so we don't have to see them."

Static had stars in his eyes. "That's amazing! You grew up around so many celebrities. Of course, all the autograph opportunities probably fall flat when being around them is just...normal...to you. What's that even like?"

"I'm sure your parents are lovely ponies."
Maple says.. leaning a little slightly to one side while she patted Scarlet on the shoulder.

"I SHOULD GO CHECK ON RHAPSODY. SEE WHY SHE HASN'T COME BACK YET." Maple might have been feeling good with a little potbelly of Cider and butterflies - but she had to keep up kayfabe while the mask was on.

Maple moved her face close to Misty's ear...

"I'll be right back, did you want anything else from the bar?"

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"Ack! Having to deal with co-workers on your time off? That does suck!" Aria says, bobbing her head in agreement. "What rotten luck of all the bars in this city they all just happen to stumble in to this one! They probably can't hear us from over here, but if you want, we can get a table on the other side of the bar so we don't have to see them."

Rhapsody chuckles softly. "They were supposed to be bowling or something." She says with a shrug. "Yes, Maybe getting further away from them is a good idea."

Scarlet was about to answer Static when Maple loudly announced she was off ro get Rhapsody. Quickly, he put a forestalling hoof on her back before she could move.

"Maple, don't."

Using a wing, Scarlet pointed in the general direction of where he had last seen Rhapsody and her companion.

"I don't know much about why Rhapsody has been so off of late. Avoiding anything even remotely social, as she works herself to exhaustion day after day. It also hasn't escaped my notice that she is less than pleased to see me here. I have no idea how i've wronged her, but its clear somethings up. So leave her be with her friend.

I know you mean well, but trying to get her to join us when she clearly would rather not, will only make things awkward. Ok?"

Looking back to Static, he gave him a knowing smile.

"Trust me on this. Autographing can be loud, noisy, and seemingly never-ending. Whether you're signing yhem, or just waiting for Mom to finish. It can also be fun if you meet the right ponies.

But get a gang of overromanticised colts who've just seen her latest adventure and, 'have a total crush on her', and things can get awkward really fast.

Still. My parents tried to give me as uninterruptidly normal a life as they could. Remember, they weren't always famous. That also explains why i avoid mentioning them. Its seems unfair to other ponies for me to play up my 'special parents'," and here his voice took on an inflection that made it clear that he'd known some ponies who took umbrage with his family. "As well as the fact yhat they've always said: achieve what you can as who you are, not where you come from. They are the best.

Mom would love you Maple. A pint sized powerhouse," he said with a grin.

"I'm good, thanks. This water is really refreshing, heh!"

"yeah." Maple slides over and gets her hooves in order and starts heading over to Rhapsody and her new friend.

"GOOD EVENING RHAPSODY, YOUR FRIENDS WERE WONDERING IF YOU WERE GOING TO INTRODUCE THEM TO YOUR NEW FRIEND HERE... I'm the Masked Mystery Mare btw..." Maple extends a hoof to the new girl.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Snowy composes himself, nodding sagely through Scarlett's explanation of his family life. He hopes he can remember it later. He opens his mouth to reply, and only two words come out, "Stone...walled." before he collapses into another fit of giggles, only barely managing to point at Maple across the room.

Ocean starts to reach for a hard cider when Oasis stops her. "That's not much of a surprise if that's what he's been drinking all night," she says as she starts to mix another CTP.

"You're really pushing those, huh? Maybe make this one a mainland." Oasis gives Night Cap a once over. "Maaaaaaaybe we should do half and half for this one.

Oasis mixes the drink and Ocean hoofs it over to Night Cap.

Aria sighs as Maple walks up. "Sorry, Triple M. Big fan and I would love an autograph and all...but you're kinda killing the mood here." She turns to Rhapsody. "Let's fly" Aria spreads her wings and flies up. "Umm, sorry about that. But she gives me the impression of somepony who would follow us if we simply walked to another table. Thank goodness she's a unicorn. Should we try and disappear into the crowd of dancers? Go to another bar?"

Maple smiles and waves... "Feel better Rhapsody." Maple goes back over to sit with the others.

Aria raises an eyebrow. "Did her voice just change...dramatically?"

Maple stops by the bar and orders another mug of Cider ...

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Oasis gives Maple a cider.

Spoiler

Sitting back down at the table Maple sets her glass down in front of her?

"Does any pony want to see a trick I can do in this costume?"

Spoiler
DMs

Waving a hoof over her mug, Maple's horn lights up and then the mug slides over to her other hoof.

"Alicazim!!"

Spoiler

Rhapsody rolled her eyes as Maple walks over to join them. Though Aira already seems to be in some sort of damage control mode. "Yeah, sure." She replies and follows Aria up. "She totally is, she doesn't get the whole concept of 'personal space'." She replies. "Either of them work for me." She replies and heh's as Maple uses her real voice and Aria catches on to it. "She's a 'cosplayer' and another of my co-workers. You think the REAL Triple M would show up in Costume to a place like this? She's just doing it for the attention." Rhapsody says hushedly.

"Oh," Aria says disappointed. "A lot of ponies here would be disappointed to find out their autographs are fakes. Really convincing costume." Aria considers the options. "Let's get out of here. Even at a separate table, I doubt staying in the same place as your co-workers makes for a pleasant night.

"My place isn't too far from here. I'm not too stocked on mixed drinks, but I got plenty of ciders."
It takes her a moment before realizing she probably said something way out of line. Her eyes open wide in a panic. "Or...or there's another dance club just up the road. Your choice, of course. Your choice." Though it was rather obvious which she was hoping for.

"Wow! Amazing!"

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"Wow! Amazing!"

Misty is impressed.

Maple wiggles her eyebrows at Misty, while drinking her Cider in one big gulp.

but instead of setting the mug down... she just lets it dangle there on the thin string connected from her hoof to a loop around the mug

"tee hee" Maple's horn lights up as she giggles... a tiny light built into the horn activated by squeezing a button stitched into her other hoof 'sock'.

"That's the thing about full body costumes, you never can be sure who's really under there." Rhapsody replies, she was annoyed with Maple for just barging over like that, but she wasn't gonna completely ruin things. "Which is why you don't tell them. It doesn't matter if she is or isn't Triple M. She's a little attention hog, but she genuinely likes making people happy. You can't deny that she acheived that. So let them believe what they want, otherwise you're just gonna ruin everyone's night. Look at it the other way as well, If they doubt Triple M, there's no way the real one could prove their identity without being unmasked in in the ring. No pony really want that either, right?" Rhapsody explains as they make their leave of the club, Static can always pick up her tab, fitting punishment for not having better handle over Maple when he's trying to be in charge.

"Your place is fine, I'm tired of the public for now." She replies with a shrug and then adds "Just, don't go getting any bright ideas" she says with a roguish smirk.

"Who me? I would never!" Aria replies completely innocently. "Just let me get my tab first." Aria walks over to the bar briefly and let out an audible whistle. She walked back over to Rhapsody. "Took care of yours while I was at it...and...well there goes that idea. Mom always said not to take advantage of someone who's had too much to drink. But we can still have a good time.

As she said, Aria's apartment wasn't too far away. It wasn't very big, but she had what you would expect a band member to have. She had a guitar, a keyboard and a rather nice sound system. She had some posters of DJ Pon3, Light Fantastic and Sterling Strings. She went over to her fridge and got out a couple ciders, handing one over to Rhapsody.

Is there anything you'd like to listen to? I have quite the collection.

Fnu Aw:

Ocean starts to reach for a hard cider when Oasis stops her. "That's not much of a surprise if that's what he's been drinking all night," she says as she starts to mix another CTP.

"You're really pushing those, huh? Maybe make this one a mainland." Oasis gives Night Cap a once over. "Maaaaaaaybe we should do half and half for this one.

Oasis mixes the drink and Ocean hoofs it over to Night Cap.

Half and half must be what all the handsome ponies get. Sounds fancy.

"Thank you."

And he drinks, paying little notice to Maple's performance. Right now there is no one in the world but Night Cap and his drink.

And Ocean Dive it would seem. Refusing to be forgotten in the alcohol stupor, she plops in the seat next to Night Cap and drapes her arm over his shoulder. "You like?"

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"That's a neat trick. You really had me going there, Map- er, Masked Mystery Mare!"

"Who me? I would never!" Aria replies completely innocently. "Just let me get my tab first." Aria walks over to the bar briefly and let out an audible whistle. She walked back over to Rhapsody. "Took care of yours while I was at it...and...well there goes that idea. Mom always said not to take advantage of someone who's had too much to drink. But we can still have a good time.

"And what Idea wass that?" She asks with a chuckle. Rhapsody was actually much more pleasant and open when she was drunk, though it seems she still tries to maintain some sorta public presence, which seems to drop now that they are out on the streets mostly alone, she was tired of keeping her defenses all the way up anyway, and booze always made them infinity harder to maintain. "Besides, I'm still standing and walking straight lines.... Mostly straight. So I've clearly not had enough!" She says with a giggle. "Though around a pretty mare, there's not really anything straight about me." She grins.

As she said, Aria's apartment wasn't too far away. It wasn't very big, but she had what you would expect a band member to have. She had a guitar, a keyboard and a rather nice sound system. She had some posters of DJ Pon3, Light Fantastic and Sterling Strings. She went over to her fridge and got out a couple ciders, handing one over to Rhapsody.

Is there anything you'd like to listen to? I have quite the collection.

Proving she was mostly okay, Rhapsody made it to the apartment without needing any help. Though the last drink clearly pushed her over into the tipsy area, staying still it wasn't noticeable but moving she's indeed much less straight and focused then she had been. "I'm fine with mostly anything, I've got a pretty wide apperication of music."

Shadewing:
"And what Idea wass that?" She asks with a chuckle. Rhapsody was actually much more pleasant and open when she was drunk, though it seems she still tries to maintain some sorta public presence, which seems to drop now that they are out on the streets mostly alone, she was tired of keeping her defenses all the way up anyway, and booze always made them infinity harder to maintain. "Besides, I'm still standing and walking straight lines.... Mostly straight. So I've clearly not had enough!" She says with a giggle. "Though around a pretty mare, there's not really anything straight about me." She grins.

"Heh! You think I'm preeeety!" she says in a sing song voice, dodging the question.

Proving she was mostly okay, Rhapsody made it to the apartment without needing any help. Though the last drink clearly pushed her over into the tipsy area, staying still it wasn't noticeable but moving she's indeed much less straight and focused then she had been. "I'm fine with mostly anything, I've got a pretty wide apperication of music."

Aria puts on one of her Sterling Strings records and led Rhapsody to sit down. It was beginning to look like standing was a risky proposition at this point. "I've always been impressed how she can dance the way she does and play violin at the same time. I'm...not quite there yet." She rests her head on Rhapsody's shoulder. "Thanks for everything, Rhapsody. This is the perfect night after such a crap day."

"I'd say it's working then."
Ocean Dive says. "I better get back behind the bar. But see me at the end of the night, I'll walk ya home."

Sunbeam:
Snowy composes himself, nodding sagely through Scarlett's explanation of his family life. He hopes he can remember it later. He opens his mouth to reply, and only two words come out, "Stone...walled." before he collapses into another fit of giggles, only barely managing to point at Maple across the room.

As the happy drunk Unicorn giggled, Scarlet could only groan in frustration a massage his temples.

"Oh for pitys sake," he grumbles in a low voice.

"There's being stubbornly friendly, and then there's being deliberately blind to reality. She can't really be that unsware, right?"

Looking down at his drink, Scarlet mood darkened.

"Maybe i shouldn'r have come back," he said. More to himself than anyone else.

This also meant that he missed Maples trick.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"This is the first time I've ever seen Snowy drunk. It's...I'm not sure how to react to that." He turned his attention to Maple, not really caring one bit about the magic trick. "That really was kinda rude, Maple. When somepony's first meeting a potential love interest is not the best time to horn in trying chit chat." He looks back to Scarlet. "Don't say that! Maybe a bar the best choice I could've made. Ponies tend to get rather...idiotic...after a few drinks."

"But hey! Night Cap seems to have found a lovely filly. ! Rhapsody seems to have already left with a lovely filly. And you...well...Oasis is definitely into you in case you haven't noticed. Misty and Maple seem to be getting along famously. Now we just need to find somepony for Snowy."

"This is the first time I've ever seen Snowy drunk. It's...I'm not sure how to react to that." He turned his attention to Maple, not really caring one bit about the magic trick. "That really was kinda rude, Maple. When somepony's first meeting a potential love interest is not the best time to horn in trying chit chat." He looks back to Scarlet. "Don't say that! Maybe a bar the best choice I could've made. Ponies tend to get rather...idiotic...after a few drinks."

"But hey! Night Cap seems to have found a lovely filly. ! Rhapsody seems to have already left with a lovely filly. And you...well...Oasis is definitely into you in case you haven't noticed. Misty and Maple seem to be getting along famously. Now we just need to find somepony for Snowy."

"I already did that!" Snowy says with conviction. "I'd like to see you...do...better!" Back to giggling. "We're all a little...broken, here." He says pulling in close to Scarlet in mock-secrecy. "You'll fit in just...fine." Judging by the size of his smile, he thought this was great news.

"I don't think terms like 'better' or 'worse' are helpful in this situation. If you're looking for someone 'better' or 'as good as' you'll always find some reason why nopony will ever match up."

"You are right about one thing though. We are all a little broken. It's what makes us so fun to be around, eh?"
he says nudging Scarlet.

"We're sitting at her table Static... me saying hello, isn't as rude as you might think." Maple unhooked her mug while she checked to see if there wasn't another pint in there somewhere

At the gentle, or should yhat be drunken, prodding, of the two ponies, Scarlet summoned his best crooked smile. Raising his glass he said.

"You don't hsve to be crazy to work at the Keep. But it sure does help!"

Downing it in one gulp, Scarlet turned to Static.

"Oasis and i are old friends from when i originally joined the Keep. She's always been kinda flirty with me, but i don't think she likes me like that. I always thought it was playful banter," he said, having completely mintepreted Oasis. Give him a puzzle to solve used a long dead language, and he's as sharp as a blade. Put him in front of s pretty mare, and he's a dumb as a rock.

"Besides, back then i was with... Nevermind."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Destron D-69:
"We're sitting at her table Static... me saying hello, isn't as rude as you might think." Maple unhooked her mug while she checked to see if there wasn't another pint in there somewhere

"Yeeeeeah...and after we kinda barged in on her table, she totally moved away to be alone with her new marefriend...and you followed. Just saying...just saying...you're probably lucky her marefriend responded instead of her. She hasn't been in the best of moods since Amber...since..." At this point, Static's! face turned slightly downcast until Scarlet chimed in.

GodSentinelOmega:
At the gentle, or should yhat be drunken, prodding, of the two ponies, Scarlet summoned his best crooked smile. Raising his glass he said.

"You don't hsve to be crazy to work at the Keep. But it sure does help!"

Downing it in one gulp, Scarlet turned to Static.

"Oasis and i are old friends from when i originally joined the Keep. She's always been kinda flirty with me, but i don't think she likes me like that. I always thought it was playful banter," he said, having completely mintepreted Oasis. Give him a puzzle to solve used a long dead language, and he's as sharp as a blade. Put him in front of s pretty mare, and he's a dumb as a rock.

"Besides, back then i was with... Nevermind."

"No! No no no no...no. No never mind. This sounds like there's a story!"

Nearly caught off guard by Statics insistence, Scarlet almost blurted it out. However, old training kicked in and made him take a breath. Marshalling his thoughts, he shrugged.

"There's not much to tell really. We met in the old bar Oasis worked at, and kinda hit it off. She was feisty and fun to start with. But eventually she got huffy about my job at the Keep taking me all over yhe place. So she dumped me. By letter. It was shortly before i left the team actually."

There was just enough truth in thereto satisfy the curious. He hoped.

"I don't remember her name. Kinda made myself forget it just so i could stay sane."

"No...way." Snowy says, waggling a hoof in Scarlet's face. "You didn't forget her name. You're never forgetting her name."

"Oh! I don't know. I guess you were gonna say you used to date Ms. Flint or Ms. Naught or something."

[That was anticlimactic.]

[Don't say that!]

"Sorry! Sucks to get dumped in the best of cases...but...by letter? I'm so sorry!

Scarlet sighed, and looked Snowy in yhe eyes.

"Yes," he said simply.

Then he turned to Static and laughed, his good humour restored.

"Those would have made far very interesting stories indeed. But no. I did think about it in my very early days though," he said with a grin.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Snowy looks utterly perplexed. Eye contact was, like, freaking him out. But once Scarlet looks away, he can think again, if only in very slow circles. Somethings tells him that an apology is in order. Yeah, an apology. All he can think of by way of apology is, "I got six words."

Now Scarlet was confused.

"Six words?"

"Iiiiiiiii think we better cut him off,"
Static said. "Can we get some water over here, please?"

Maple pulls out her wet stone.

"No sense in having your bill be any bigger than it needs to be Static."

Static raises his eyebrow? MyThey don't usually charge for water...and...you are aware that I only bought that first round...right? I can't help but think I made that abundantly clear.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"How many pints do you usually have in your first rounds?" Maple asked, setting her stone on the table while she looked puzzled at Static?

Static has a 'what the hell' plastered all over his face. "Have you never been to a bar before?"

"I've traveled to towns all over with the Manehatten territory wrestlers Static.. I've never heard of first rounds ending before 4 pints."
Maple looked at all the other faces...

"..so I guess that's not how everypony else does it."

Static didn't think it was possible to fit any more 'what the hell' onto his face. But by Luna! Maple managed it. "These...4 pint first rounds...by chance, where you the one buying them? Because...no! In all the bars I've been in...and I've been in MANY...that has never been what 'first round' has ever meant."

"This is the first time I've been able to buy my own... but we'd always have 4 pint rounds when we went out... maybe it was a right of passage for the low rung talent... but I've never had less than 8 pints in one ...." Maple just trailed off and started looking through her saddlebag for her bit purse

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Static looked at his soft cider. "I need a bu...I need drink!"

"Hard or soft?"

[Just do it. Just order a hard cider. Maple did it. Snowy did it. Night...bucking...Cap...did it. Just do it! Order a hard cider.]

Static sighs. "Never mind. I think I'm ready to close my tab."

"Heh! You think I'm preeeety!" she says in a sing song voice, dodging the question.

Aria puts on one of her Sterling Strings records and led Rhapsody to sit down. It was beginning to look like standing was a risky proposition at this point. "I've always been impressed how she can dance the way she does andplay violin at the same time. I'm...not quite there yet." She rests her head on Rhapsody's shoulder. "Thanks for everything, Rhapsody. This is the perfect night after such a crap day."

"My mother helped her with one of her preformances once. The one with all the Shadows..." She says with a giggle, not able at the moment the recall which performance that was exactly thanks to all the drinks. "Besides. us being Pegasus makes its naturally harder to due stuff like that. swhy I stick to singing." She giggles softly. "So... I guess... today was the last day of your previous band, or something?"

"Six words?"

Snowy nods, looking sober. Well, not sober. Somber. Yeah, somber. "Six words." He repeats, and the number zero appears next to his hoof. It's undulating a little, like it's underwater, and there are little bubbles floating in it, but it's still recognizably a zero. "See--you--on--the--flip--side." Snowy says, punctuating each word with a tap of his hoof and change of the count. "Not in private, either. She just...turned around and left the meeting." The six dribbled onto the table like so much soda and disappeared. "I didn't even realize she was gone. I thought we were still...together. I thought there was something there. But then..." His eyes unfocus. "Poof. She's gone. No letters, no calls, no schedule of events. A better disappearing act than I've ever been able to muster." He focuses on the room again. "You know, we're reaching the six-month anniversary of her disappearance. In it's history, the Canterlot Dance Company goes no more than 8 months without a show in Caballuston. On average. Give or take. So in two months, I'll know. I'll know whether she ran away from me, or if she just...doesn't care." He shakes his head, and almost falls out of his chair. "I got suuuuper off-topic. I was just trying to--to explain myself. I wasn't trying to be a know-it-all. It's just--I just--I know. I know you won't forget."

He abruptly turns away from Scarlet, spinning his chair the long way around to face Static (again only staying upright with much help from the table). "And I'll have you know, Mr. 'I could go through a refrigerator of bottles in one night,' that I, Snowy Skies, being finally of sound body and mind, have only had one drink tonight. No refills!" He brandishes his empty glass. "No refills at all! So you are paying for this just as much as I will tomorrow."

Spoiler

"How about that cup of water Mr. Skies?"

"That...sounds...brilliant!" Snowy hands her his glass with gusto.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"Oh! My turn to do a trick!" Misty stands up and brings both of her front hooves together above the glass. With a focused expression on her face, she twists both hooves in opposite directions. A stream of clear water, like a faucet, pours down from her hooves into the glass. "Tada! Neat, huh?"

"You're Amazing."

"Thanks!" Misty blushes a little.

as the color flushes Misty's face the words fall out of Maple's mouth with no thought given to the ramifications.

'...and stunningly beautiful.'

Spoiler

The more Snowy spoke of his actual experience with lost love, the more Scarlet regretted his half-truths regarding his... Regarding her. He knew that of all these new ponies, Snowy was likely to discover the truth.

Even knowing that, Scarlet wasn't ready yet. So he simply reached forward to place a hoof on Snowys shoulder. Saying in a low voice.

"You are right, and i am sorry."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Shadewing:
"My mother helped her with one of her preformances once. The one with all the Shadows..." She says with a giggle, not able at the moment the recall which performance that was exactly thanks to all the drinks. "Besides. us being Pegasus makes its naturally harder to due stuff like that. swhy I stick to singing." She giggles softly. "So... I guess... today was the last day of your previous band, or something?"

Aria nodded. Walking over to the keyboard, she tapped out a few notes. "Yeah. The thing is, I knew when I got hired on that it was a temporary thing. From the very outset the drummer had dreams of doing heavy mettle in Manehatten. The singer only ever wanted to do soft rock in Canterlot. The guitarist," she said looking ruefully over at her guitar, "I could play any genre ever. And I don't mind traveling while on tour. But my home is here, ya know?

"So, yeah, you could tell from the start that the band had an expiration date. Doesn't make it suck any less when it actually happens, though."

Aria turned away from the guitar and back to Rhaapsody. "You have the look of someone who's lost something or someone recently too. I...understand if you don't want to talk about it though."

Fnu Aw:
He wobbles a bit but manages to catch his balance, still leaning to one side. Apparently that's what feels balanced now.

"Verr well. The place is a bit of a secret though. Can you keep a secret for me?"

"Heh! It used to be my job to be an open book, so to speak. I've found it rather refreshing being able to keep secrets for a change."

Sunbeam:

"Six words?"

Snowy nods, looking sober. Well, not sober. Somber. Yeah, somber. "Six words." He repeats, and the number zero appears next to his hoof. It's undulating a little, like it's underwater, and there are little bubbles floating in it, but it's still recognizably a zero. "See--you--on--the--flip--side." Snowy says, punctuating each word with a tap of his hoof and change of the count. "Not in private, either. She just...turned around and left the meeting." The six dribbled onto the table like so much soda and disappeared. "I didn't even realize she was gone. I thought we were still...together. I thought there was something there. But then..." His eyes unfocus. "Poof. She's gone. No letters, no calls, no schedule of events. A better disappearing act than I've ever been able to muster." He focuses on the room again. "You know, we're reaching the six-month anniversary of her disappearance. In it's history, the Canterlot Dance Company goes no more than 8 months without a show in Caballuston. On average. Give or take. So in two months, I'll know. I'll know whether she ran away from me, or if she just...doesn't care." He shakes his head, and almost falls out of his chair. "I got suuuuper off-topic. I was just trying to--to explain myself. I wasn't trying to be a know-it-all. It's just--I just--I know. I know you won't forget."

He abruptly turns away from Scarlet, spinning his chair the long way around to face Static (again only staying upright with much help from the table). "And I'll have you know, Mr. 'I could go through a refrigerator of bottles in one night,' that I, Snowy Skies, being finally of sound body and mind, have only had one drink tonight. No refills!" He brandishes his empty glass. "No refills at all! So you are paying for this just as much as I will tomorrow."

Spoiler

Static had a feeling if Snowy remembered any of this in the morning, he was really going to hate himself for it. "Yeah, I got this one," he said reassuringly.

as the color flushes Misty's face the words fall out of Maple's mouth with no thought given to the ramifications.

'...and stunningly beautiful.'

Misty blushes a lot.

"Oh my gosh... Maple, did you... I think you must have had a lot of alcohol, maybe..." She hurriedly sits back down in her chair.

once Misty has sat down... Maple slides over a little closer.

"I think I may have had just enough."

[Night Cap]​
"WE should go then. I'm by the old warehouses. Do you want to let the others know we're leaving, or do you want to watch Static running around looking for me later?"

Ocean looked deviously over at Static. "Always up for a harmless prank," she said. "And he seems like such an easy...and entertaining target. Of course, I have to stay till last call in any case. I'll get you something that's a little less 'nock you on your ass' in the mean time."

Top Bottom