[IC] Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"My mother helped her with one of her preformances once. The one with all the Shadows..." She says with a giggle, not able at the moment the recall which performance that was exactly thanks to all the drinks. "Besides. us being Pegasus makes its naturally harder to due stuff like that. swhy I stick to singing." She giggles softly. "So... I guess... today was the last day of your previous band, or something?"

Aria nodded. Walking over to the keyboard, she tapped out a few notes. "Yeah. The thing is, I knew when I got hired on that it was a temporary thing. From the very outset the drummer had dreams of doing heavy mettle in Manehatten. The singer only ever wanted to do soft rock in Canterlot. The guitarist," she said looking ruefully over at her guitar, "I could play any genre ever. And I don't mind traveling while on tour. But my home is here, ya know?

"So, yeah, you could tell from the start that the band had an expiration date. Doesn't make it suck any less when it actually happens, though."

Aria turned away from the guitar and back to Rhaapsody. "You have the look of someone who's lost something or someone recently too. I...understand if you don't want to talk about it though."

Rhapsody nods and giggles faintly before shaking her head, trying to get a bit of her focus back "Sorry, I'm not really interested in talking about that right now. No, too much... down...ness... already in the air. Need something nicer, lighter. Both of us. Booze to help us forget, good times to replace the bad. No need to dredge up the past and prod fresh wounds." She says with another giggle and grin as she gets up, a more then bit wobbly after she finishes another cider. The mare could drink like a seapony when she wanted to, and tonight she REALLY wanted too... "Maybe I could sing, I got this... stupid song in my head.... Had it in there for a few weeks... since this guy on stage, a real solo artist, and the song just... kinda stuck."

Shadewing:
Rhapsody nods and giggles faintly before shaking her head, trying to get a bit of her focus back "Sorry, I'm not really interested in talking about that right now. No, too much... down...ness... already in the air. Need something nicer, lighter. Both of us. Booze to help us forget, good times to replace the bad. No need to dredge up the past and prod fresh wounds." She says with another giggle and grin as she gets up, a more then bit wobbly after she finishes another cider.

I was hoping you'd say that. Heavy atmosphere is the exact opposite of what we need right now. Aria giggles a little as she hold up her cider in a toast. Here's to booze!

The mare could drink like a seapony when she wanted to, and tonight she REALLY wanted too... "Maybe I could sing, I got this... stupid song in my head.... Had it in there for a few weeks... since this guy on stage, a real solo artist, and the song just... kinda stuck."

Aria swept her hoof over the key board and her guitar. "Play a few bars. If I know it, I'll join in."

"It might be a good idea to call it a night." Maple grinned and reaches a wingtip up to brush a bit of mane behind her ear...

"Would you like to walk home with me Misty?"

"Oh... I think I'd like that..."

Maple slides out and then holds a hoof out to help Misty, before heading over to the bar to close their tabs.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Spoiler

Rhapsody nods a bit and makes her way over to the guitar, using her wings to help keep her balanced as she does so. She wasn't really skilled with instruments.... that was more Snowy's thing. she closes her eyes and focuses on the music in her head a moment, the booze not helping on top of her general inexperience with playing, her voice was usually the only instrument she needs; but it didn't matter how good she was, it wasn't about that right now, it was just about enjoying the moment. After a moment she starts to play, letting the melody of the song fill the air before she starts singing.

Some
Say I have no direction
That I'm a light speed distraction
That's a knee-jerk reaction

Aria grins and giggles a bit as she gets behind the drums

Still
This is the final frontier
Everything is so clear
To my destiny I steer

This life in the stars is all I've ever known

Stars and stardust and infinite space is my only home

But the moment that I hit the stage
Thousands of voices are calling my name
And I know in my heart it's been worth it all of the while

And as my albums fly off of the shelves
Handing out autographed pics of myself
This life I chose isn't easy
But sure is one heck of a ride

At the moment that I hit the stage
I hear the universe calling my name
And I know deep down in my heart I have nothing to fear

And as the solar wind blows through my hair
Knowing I have so much more left to share
A wandering spirit who's tearing its way through the cold atmosphere

I fly like a comet

Soar like a comet
Crash like a comet

I'm just a comet
I'm just a comet

Spoiler

Rhapsody nods a bit and makes her way over to the guitar, using her wings to help keep her balanced as she does so. She wasn't really skilled with instruments.... that was more Snowy's thing. she closes her eyes and focuses on the music in her head a moment, the booze not helping on top of her general inexperience with playing, her voice was usually the only instrument she needs; but it didn't matter how good she was, it wasn't about that right now, it was just about enjoying the moment.

Some
Say I have no direction
That I'm a light speed distraction
That's a knee-jerk reaction

Aria grins and giggles a bit as she gets behind the drums.

Still
This is the final frontier
Everything is so clear
To my destiny I steer

But the moment that I hit the stage
Thousands of voices are calling my name
And I know in my heart it's been worth it all of the while

And as my albums fly off of the shelves
Handing out autographed pics of myself
This life I chose isn't easy
But sure is one heck of a ride

At the moment that I hit the stage
I hear the universe calling my name
And I know deep down in my heart I have nothing to fear

And as the solar wind blows through my mane
Knowing I have so much more left to share
A wandering spirit who's tearing its way through the cold atmosphere

I fly like a comet

Soar like a comet
Crash like a comet

I'm just a comet
I'm just a comet

All of a sudden a boat horn sounded out throughout the bar, with a bunch of moans sounding out in response. Whatever song was playing was cut off and replaced by the normal last song of the night

Have a double, it's gettin' late, you'll get home, just rely on fate
Place just finally came alive, good old boys just arrived
Stools keep changin' faces, and the night just slips away
And like a long distance love affair, soon you've got to pay

Silver bullets in the jukebox, spin another round
Everybody at the back of the line, it's midnight at the lost and found

Midnight at the lost and found, lost souls in the hunting ground
A remedy for all your ills, at the lost and found
Midnight at the lost and found, midnight

Hangin' on barely, hitch a ride away
Belly up and bury, boy, all the hurt you feel today

Silver bullets in the jukebox, spin another round
Everybody get back in line, LAST CALL FOR THE LOST AND FOUND

Midnight at the lost and found, lost souls in the hunting ground
A remedy for all your ills, at the lost and found
Midnight at the lost and found

Final bills were handed out. Oasis hoofed Scarlets over to him. It seemed to him that half the drinks he ordered weren't accounted for on the bill. He did see an address in Oasis's hoofwriting along with a small note "hope to see you soon."

After taking all the bills and cashing out her register, Ocean walked over to Night Cap. "Ready when you are, sweetie!"

Outside, Maple said goodnight to all her friends and then smiled at Misty.

"thank you for walking with me Misty, I don't think I'm safe for flying... heh being a Unicorn and all." Maple made a sweeping motion with a hoof toward a nearby side street.

"Would you mind keeping an eye out while I get undressed... wouldn't want to ruin the illusion for some pony, but it seems to be a really warm night tonight."

Scarlet looked from the note, to Oasis, to the note, but could only smile nervously. Statics comment bouncing around his head.

"Thank you," he whispered.

Turning to his fellow STOMPers, he smiled warmly.

"I'd say this has been a uniformly successful evening, give or take."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"Sure thing!"

Seeing that Maple and Misty were leaving together, Night Cap had someone to help him home, Scarlet was suspiciously not stumbling around or even slurring...and seemed to be going the same direction as Night Cap in any case...Static stuck around to see how Snowy was getting along. Slumped over on the table it would seem.

Static walked over to Snowy. Snowy? Time to wake up and go home. C'mon! I got ya.

As Snowy had only had Static's drink, he was bill-less, and quite at a loss as to what to do in the midst of all the sudden action. He just knew he liked the song that was playing.

Seeing that Maple and Misty were leaving together, Night Cap had someone to help him home, Scarlet was suspiciously not stumbling around or even slurring...and seemed to be going the same direction as Night Cap in any case...Static stuck around to see how Snowy was getting along. Slumped over on the table it would seem.

Static walked over to Snowy. Snowy? Time to wake up and go home. C'mon! I got ya.

Snowy looks directly at Static. "Capital." He says, with great clarity, before melting off his chair and into Static's arms. "If Anchors could see us now." He giggles.

"I'm not used to hearing you giggle. I'm assuming you're going to deny all that in the morning?" Static asks with a grin.

Snowy looks nonplussed. "Deny what?"

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"Oh, nothing!" Static said, grin not disappearing. "Just that it's nice to see everypony cut loose, if only for a single night. Even Rhapsody seemed to be enjoying herself.

[Whenever she wasn't around any of us!]

[If it means she's happy, I'm okay with that.]

[But...]

[No buts. She's happy. That's enough.]

Snowy nods, grinning back. "Surely, the end is nigh." Another giggle pops out. "Let's go home."

Admittedly Maple didn't really need to worry about anyone showing up in this particular side street, no doors or windows opened to it... but she needed air, her whole body felt warm...

checking over her shoulder she started slipping off her saddle bags, sliding them down her haunches until they hit the cobbles with a thud. Opening the flaps first went the 'gloves' on her forelegs... it made rolling down the stockings next a lot easier.

Maple thought about looking over her shoulder covertly to see if Misty was watching...but

what, don't be silly why would you think that?

Was it worse not knowing if she was or if she wasn't? Maple Closed her eyes and was brave.

"Um, Misty could you help me with this Zipper. Please?"

Misty looks over her shoulder. "Um, which zipper?"

Maple turns her head away.. she shouldn't have looked.. now her face is beat red....

"The one along my back... once my wings are out I can get the mask off."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"Alright! Just a moment." Misty walks over and grabs the zipper pull in her teeth. She carefully pulls it along to avoid catching any hair or feathers.

oh my gosh... please be the short zipper's suit ...O_O ..why can't I remember if this is the Short zippered suit!

A shiver runs down Maple's back as the wind -or is that Misty's breath? hits her back.

"thank you." Maple arches her back as the zipper hit's its stop and with a combination of rolling her shoulders and spreading her wings the rest of the suit pools at her hooves... with her wings now free Maple does a quick loop in the air while she removes her mask... her mane damp with sweat slides free long and smooth... not it's normal tight bouncy curls.

by happenstance alone her little flip results in her ending up eye to eye with Misty... so close.

"Misty I..."

"Ah?"

NOW NOW whatever it is we're doing here, do it now!

Maple's face closes the distance ... she has no idea what time is anymore

[Caldwin, probably misplaced OOC thread post]​
Caldwin:
"Night Cap...I've heard rumors about Hazel Naught. If by some miracle we manage to beat Accounting in a game of bowling..I'll put your name above mine on our documentary.

Oh crap!

As Ocean walks Night Cap home, she notices Scarlet across the street. "Hey, Scarlet, right? Could you come here and help me with him. He's really sloshed!"

As they walk together, they each began to notice that they aren't parting ways. After a while they get to the warehouse both Night Cap and Scarlet live at. "Seriously? You two didn't know? Never passed each other on the way to work? Heh! That ought to be an interesting conversation when he wakes up in the morning.Normally in this situation I'd say that I hope the walls are thick." She looks down at Night Cap completely passed out in her hooves. "But some things even I won't do. I hope to see you two again."

"Oh, and between you and me, I heard you talking to creepy pony earlier...and he's actually right. I've never seen Oasis look at any of the other customers the way she looks at you." With that, she walks off into the night.

Sorry to say we've run out of time for tonight folks. Will Scarlet ever get together with Oasis? Is Raphsody's budding romance with Aria a one night fling? Is Static the father of Night Cap's future daughter in law? Will any of these questions be answered when the usual writer/director comes back for the next episode? Tune in next time folks for more of the Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour!

She begins to steal the light
Confusion throws another mystery
It's out of focus with the eyes
So now you wonder, is this just a dream?

Here she comes, here she comes
She's gonna 'cause a sensation now
And just between you and me
I think she'll soon have you temptation bound

Now here's a riddle in the rhyme
If she's the same how come she's different now?
The same old eyes, but not the shine
You know you're certain, but you're full of doubt

Now here she comes, here she comes
She's gonna have you at her beck and call
So why refuse? Yeah, why contend?
When all resistance is impossible

This lady's serious, make no mistake
Face to face and eye to eye
She'll cast a spell that you may never break

Here she comes, here she comes

*static crackle*

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"I'm trying as hard as I can Captain but this vessel can only go so fast with just three buttons!"
"Try harder, Lieutenant. We can't get ourselves captured by...THE ALIENS."

*static crackle*

Good evening folks! Hope you all enjoyed that stunning drama because now it's time for another exciting Saturday night with the Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour! This week we once again bring you to the riotous ramshackle of the Explorers of STOMP!

Previously, the Specialized Team for Obtaining Museum Pieces got a chance to unwind and reflect from previous events of places ventured and loves lost. But not all was quiet within the peace and quiet as a mysterious visitor from the Great North came bearing news, medical training continued, a villainous meeting was interrupted, and some things were learned about friendship.

Ovwe time, some things changed while other things were maintained. Aria finally found a new band so she bid her farewell. Work as a whole was keeping everypony in the Keep busy. A week later, Night Cap heard Desert Rose request his presence in the split second before he was woken up by a loud knocking. It seems Ocean Dive had sent him the first of several planned cooperative coupons: Buy one order of Skivey's Butter and get two free appetizers at Ocean Dive's. Upon reaching work, all of the STOMP team was called into Brisk Iron's office where she and Steel Flint were calmly waiting with stacks of paper.

Static was unenthused as he walked into Brisk Iron's office. He had yet to walk into this office without embarrassing himself.

[Say nothing.]

[Uh oh! Looks like Night Cap's been filling out reports.]

[SAY...NOTHING!]

Morning, Ma'am!

[You never listen to me.]

Static takes his seat.

The last week had been interesting, Maple was ready to go face first into whatever new adventure life was about to send her way.

Scarlet sat silently, musing on the past week. Finding out he and Night Cap were housed in the same place had been a total surprise. The earth pony had been so out of it the following morning, Scarlet wasn't sure he even registered anything other than his encounter--and subsequent seduction by--Ocean Dive. He still had no idea what to do about Oasis, as her attraction to him still befuddled the pegasus.

It wasn't that Scarlet didn't find her attractive. He did. However, as he'd said to Static, he'd always seen her fun, flirty attitude as friendly, playful banter. Part of him wanted to run with this and see where things went. Another part held him back, not willing to accept his role in past event, nor see him move on to happiness.

She had remembered him though. She'd been pleased to see him, wanted to dance with him. Ignored half his bar bill so she could give him her address...

With a shake, his forced his thoughts back to work. Work that was, despite Savant Sard providing him with exemplary transcrptions and notes regarding the Amethyst Astrolabe and its strange jewelled stand, had not progressed any further. Both it and the incomplete puzzle square, uh, puzzle were stalled. He had, albeit briefly, considered asking Rhapsody for her opinions on the matter, since both seemed in some way connected to the stars. A request he had dropped almost as quickly as he had thought of it, since her mood were still bery icy, and he still had no clue as to why she was so displeased with him in particular.

That thought brought him back to the present, as he was now in the same room as her.

"Morning Chief," he said brightly.

Anchors Away entered the room and sat down next to Static Signal. A little while after that was Splash Flaunt. She chose to sit on the opposite end of the room.

Zig Zag greeted Night Cap in the hallway.

"Good morning Night Cap.
Go to Brisk Iron's office,
For a STOMP meeting."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
[Oh dear! Splash Flaunt and Anchors in the same room? That can't be good.]

[Maybe they were able to bury the hach...]

[Nope!]

[Maybe a little levity?]

Static leans over to Anchors. "Want to lay odds over whether or not I can actually make it through one of these meetings without embarrassing myself for once?"

Misty is meandering through the halls when she spots Night Cap.

"Oh, are you on the way to the meeting? So am I! I keep forgetting where the room is, so I hope you don't mind if I follow you..."

Maple had made it into work a little early, the springs in her steps must have been more springy ..she hadn't left much earlier than normal. However it wasn't looking like she was scheduled for a morning tour anyway... Mr. Post had adorned himself with a little note instructing Maple to join the rest of the team for a meeting.

Maple deeply inhaled and exhaled ... this one was going to be different... no goof ups, silly questions, or friendly brain manipulation. Not this time.

I don't think anything embarrassing will happen, Static. I have a good feeling about this meeting.

Zig Zag sighed sympathetically.

"Concern, dismissal...
They aren't the same thing, Night Cap.
You were requested.

In learning first aid,
Do you see that as a waste?
I surely do not.

Brisk Iron awaits.
Quests will happen soon enough.
Just one more week left."

Maple enters the room and sits down in an empty chair with empty chairs to either side.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Rhapsody had been in somewhat better moods the past week, even with Aria leaving. While the other mare was around she didn't seem to work herself to exhaustion, and had yet to return to such tactics since her departure. However she still seemed to limit how much time she spent with the team, and still usually avoided any attempts at socialization with them, though if anyone could tell that she was in somewhat better moods, it would likely be Snowy, who is closest to having a friendly relationship with her at the moment. This meeting was actually the first time she's spent any reasonable amount of time with them, and even then she tried to keep her distance fr! om the rest of the team.

Zamuel:
I don't think anything embarrassing will happen, Static. I have a good feeling about this meeting.

"I think you underestimate my abilities," Static says with a grin and an affectionate nudge.

Meanwhile, Misty discovers that the pony she thought was Night Cap is actually just a broom standing up against a supply closet.

Aside from a complete lack of memories of the night at the bar past his first sip of alcohol, Snowy had had a good week. He'd managed to spend a little time with everybody, even managing some pleasant discussion with Rhapsody. Having said that, the routine of the museum, even his new routine as a tour guide, was starting to drag on him again, and he was very excited for what he could only assume was a briefing for a STOMP mission. As he walked into the office, he was mindlessly humming a rather complex piece of music that he'd picked up a long time ago, the accompaniment to a story of whimsical, dangerous, adventure...

Spoiler

"Good morning Mr. Skies, how have your tours been this week?"

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Finally, Misty finds the office and hurriedly takes a seat, hoping she hadn't been holding the meeting up.

Flairvoyant was the last to enter and then Brisk Iron began. "Good morning. I've called you here for something a little different from the norm. It has been requested by some of you that there be a little bit more open communication about the past of STOMP and we're trying to accommodate that. What we've been slowly working on is transcribing copies of prior field reports so we can setup something akin to a library system and so we have extra copies in case some get damaged. We aren't finished yet but I wanted to keep everypony updated.

However, I do have something else. The documents being reproduced are the official records. This...this is a copy of my father's journal entries for the first two STOMP expeditions. "STOMP" wasn't officially named yet and it wasn't in the same form it currently is but I feel you needed to see how things started, straight from the horses mouth. I probably needed to reread it anyway and I'll also have a different meeting with the department heads. If you could please pass these down, read it, and let me know if there's anything to clear up."

Spoiler

"Better to have a place in the world than wander aimlessly." Maple Read this line over and over before looking up and then to each of her friends.

yeah... her eyes turned back down to the report ... but also caught sight of the locket hanging from her neck...

Maple kept Reading... it was just like any report she'd have wrote... not enough hugs... but it was close. She'd also have to let her own Journal know that he's part of a great tradition of Stomp team Journals... tehehe ... yep... ponies feuding for no good reason... hmm that was Something she could ask about...

O_O Maple never wanted to use the liquid comb ... Maple's cheeks flushed when she read about Apritrot and textbook hugging... I wonder if they got married? OH NO a MONSTER! Maple shivered and then leaned in closer to the papers so she could read it faster.

Oh good, they left that comb there
Maple thought. That was one item she did not want to take foals to see.. they'd have to roll her home she'd be so poof.

Maple re-stacked the papers neatly and then waited for every pony else to finish reading before she asked her question.

Static couldn't help a small sputter of a chuckle as he read. Realizing such an outburst probably deserved some kind of explanation, he dipped his head a little bit embarrassed. "Sorry! It's the the rivalry between Textbook and Apritrot...I saw some...parallels."

Static kept reading. When he finished he waited for the others to see what they had to say.

Misty reads the report intently. Her culmination of the report is punctuated with a cry of "Wait, what happens next!?"

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Brisk Iron blinked in confusion. "What do you mean by next?"

Snowy had to credit Bronze Mettle for not dieing. He seemed to be the most threatened pony on every expedition. Was this the lightning in a bottle that Brisk had described a few weeks ago? It didn't seem...shocking enough. Just a trio of ponies stolidly removing obstacles from their path. Is that what they were supposed to do? When you put it that way, missions didn't seem anywhere near as fun as Snowy remembered them.

Misty reads the report intently. Her culmination of the report is punctuated with a cry of "Wait, what happens next!?"

Brisk Iron blinked in confusion. "What do you mean by next?"

"Next!" Snowy reiterates, plaintive.

"Ah, um... sorry, I got caught up in the story and forgot it wasn't a novel." Misty looks embarrassed. "It sounded like a really amazing adventure, though!"

"I was wondering if the unlucky shoe was still somewhere in the Keep... I haven't seen it on any of my tour routes." Maple asks, not being able to hold her question in any more... she did resist asking for more of the journal entries... some of them might be more personal. Her dad does seem to really care about her though...that was really sweet.

Scarlet read Bronze amettle journal with interest, and couldn't repress a grin. These were the kinds of adventures he revelled in. Dodging traps, revealing mysteries, recovering artifacts and the like.

"Nothing is ever quite straightforward for STOMP, or even proto-STOMP. It always has to be a little off kilter, eh Chief," he said with an iro ic smile.

"A comb that is not a comb. Magical wards and mystical horseshoes. Walls of water, and monsters of stone.

Your father and his companions had quite the adventures didn't they?

I guess my only question would be, whatever happened to the horeshoe of bad luck. Were its energies dispelled?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"I think we've all seen some pretty scary powerful artifacts since we've been part of STOMP. But I can't imagine something that jinxes everypony that gets near it would be kept somewhere anypony could get near it."

"I'm just glad to see this. It helps to know what we're trying to live up to."

"No, the shoe isn't on the premises. That said, I believe that is part of why the vaults were setup.

As far as the journal, I'm not comfortable sharing all of its contents but I'm sure that some of the less dry reports may catch your interest once everything is ready. I also have other things in the works but I'll go into further detail at a later date."

"Well, that is your fathers journal rather than any kind of official mission report Chief. So its doubly understandable that not all of it should be opened up to us.

It is enlightening to read about STOMP type escapades from a less formal mindset though," Scarlet said with a grief.

Static grins as he reads through the given pages again. He looks very much like a foal right before Hearths Warming Eve. "Thank you for putting this together, Ms Iron. It's really quite fascinating. Can't wait to see what else you have that's shareable."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"Indeed, thank you Chief. It was certainly an interesting read." Rhapsody replies.

"Oh yes, very much so. So I was wondering what with Mr. Night Cap likely taking over as team medic shortly, my hooves wont be so busy there... and with Scarlet replacing Amber ... Maybe I can look after the field repor..."

oh wow, ...did that really come out of my mouth right now? ..Don't look at Rhapsody... maybe don't even look at Scarlet...

Maple cast her eyes downward and started looking for that very important thing she wanted to ask about on the first page of the journal...

Brisk Iron nodded in response to everypony's comments. "I'm glad that everypony feels this had worth. If there are no other questions, you are dismissed."

One week passed and Night Cap had reached the fateful day of his final exam for first aid training. He had passed a written exam the day before but today would be something different--a live rescue of a training dummy from a simulated scenario with the exact situation being unknown until he saw it. He had been led out to a field whi! le blindfolded and he could hear lots of motion from things being prepared. Nurse Nightheart, Anchors Away, and several others would be nearby in case things got out of control. However, he knew he'd have to succeed at this to get back on the team. Soon, the motion stopped. Nurse Nightheart said to him, "You may remove the blindfold when you feel ready. Once you remove it and turn around to see the situation, your test will begin."

And just what was the test? He would see a seemingly simple situation, a pony pulling a cart tipped to the side upon hitting a patch of "ice" and was knocked unconscious. The dummy was wearing a simple shawl that didn't seem to be caught on anything. The cart was loaded with hay and the lantern from traveling at night tipped over. The very real flame had caught some of the hay on fire and it was slowly spreading. He knew that the dummy would have a label indicating if there was a pulse or breathing. While he would see Nurse Nightheart, the others were out of sight. Though there were a few conspicuous bushes scattered about.

Spoiler

Keeping his expression as neutral as possible, Scarlet simply massaged his temples as if he had a headache coming on.

Subtle as ever Maple.

'sigh'

She's only young Son. Young and cheerful and positive.

I know, but there are better ways of say--
--and youth doesn't do subtlety. Or tact. Or common sense. Or--
--i get it. I remember what i was like back then too.

Hmm. This might explain why Rhapsody has taken less than a shine to you.
How so?
You...replacing...her marefriend on the team?

Oh.

But thats ridiculous! My arrival had nothing to do with Ms. Ambers departure. Ponyfeathers! I didn't even know she'd gone until a few days later when i went looking for her!
The timing?
Oh thats just coincedence. The letter...
You know that. Doesn't mean Rhapsody does.

Oh dear.

And so the internal debate continued.

Upon reading the tag, it listed the dummy as having a pulse and breathing.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Nurse Nightheart walked over to inspect the scene. Upon finishing, she nodded to a few bushes and clouds which signalled the support ponies to gather around. One brought a few papers for her to sign. She then addressed Night Cap. "I hereby proclaim that you, Night Cap, have passed your first aid training. I present you with this armband as a visual identifier of your status to alert other ponies in an emergency." She wrapped a bright green armband around his right foreleg. The armband had a white medical cross and mint green hearts against the green background. She then presented him with a signed card with his name on it and a green tin with a white medical cross on it. "This card serves a similar purpose, listing your name and when you'll need to renew your training. We are also giving you a first aid kit. While it is your duty to keep it stocked, bringing your armband or ID to a hospital or clinic will allow you to have it restocked at no charge. With these skills and this equipment, you are now certified in first aid. May you do your fellow pony proud." Nurse Nightheart gave Night Cap a hug and the support ponies all applauded Night Cap's success.

While the testing area was being cleaned up, Night Cap was approached by Zig Zag who indicated that she knew he had been looking for Desert Rose over the past week. She would be able to help if he had the time.

Working late, Scarlet Spectrum was greeted with good news. It seems that the last of the puzzle squares had been found and were being brought to the department.

Spoiler

In the week since that brief STOMP meeting with the Chief. Scarlets head has been half full of work, and half full of conflicting thoughts about whether or not Rhapsody might actually think he 'replaced' Amber Spark on the team.

Part of him refuses to accept it, positive that his arrival couldn't be misconstrued that badly. That Rhapsody has to see that he's doing the kind of work Amber did because his special skills are all about linguistics and puzzles and history and... Part of him wants to go and talk to Rhapsody about all this, get her to see that the Chief called him back purely be ause she had requested that an old hoof on the team return. And that Ambers transfer had clearly been a choice she had made independantly of that.

Aaaand then there was the part that kept coming up with excuses or reasons to avoid doing that.

They might not have always been good excuses and reasons. But yhey were excuses, right?

Thankfully, working late late wasn't an excuse. Scarlet simply couldn't leave any job to tomorrow if he thought he could finish it. Plenty of ponies had called him a little obsessive. Or just just plain weird. He couldn't help it though. He loved the challenge of unravelling history. It also might be an excuse for not going by Ocean Dives pub again just yet, as hepis subconscious had terrified him with dreams of it being true Oasis really liked him. Until she learned the truth and literally kicked him out of the pub. Or, that he went to confess that he really liked her, and she laughed in his face. It all having been a cruel joke. So Scarlet tended to overwork until he was too tired to dream.

Tomight however, looked like it was about to get really interesting. With a look of triumph, Scarlet stared at the unfinished...something that the puzzle squares were forming, snd let out a low chuckle.

"Yessssss! Tonight your secrets will be mine! Mwahahaa!"

Between the return from the falls mission and up until the journal reading meeting, all Maple had wanted to do was catch up with Rhapsody to see how she was doing... and now maybe ask some advice on a few things... But despite her best efforts there never seemed to be a right time... even that night at the bar.. sure they were in the same room, but Maple felt like she had never been so far away from somepony before...

And then the meeting ... Now Maple was doing everything she could to avoid Rhapsody. She should likely go talk to Scarlet too... but, maybe.. maybe? ... Maple could for once -not be the one trying to fix things.

Besides Mr. Night Cap was going to be the team medic now, so maybe he could... are you even listening to yourself? Nope, that wasn't going to work.

"I wonder what misty's doing right now." Maple mumbled, a few sets of little ears perked up and swiveled.

"Is that your Special Somepony's name?" Asked a stocky school foal, he'd and his taller friend been the least attentive students all tour.

Yes Maple, you're in the middle of a tour remember, stop worrying yourself wrinkly

"He Sounds mysterious and cool." "Yeah like a detective or something ... Misty Resolver hard noses gumshoe!" The two boys laugh and begin pretending like they're looking for clues among the display items. Until a snide comment from a little filly completely shuts them down.

"Misty isn't a colt's name doofus!"
"Yeah Doofus..."
the two filly's chuckle and share a hoof bump before moving on to the next exhibit. The remainder of the class follows, until Maple and the teacher share an exasperated sigh. "I'm sorry about that... heh, foals today ...you can teach them just about anything, except tact apparently."

Maple had to laugh, that was just what she needed... "That's too bad teheheh... I was going to ask for some lessons myself."

As Scarlet Spectrum looked on eagerly, the squares seemingly begged for completion.

Spoiler

After stepping elsewhere, Night Cap and Zig Zag soon entered the realm of dreams. Soon, they found themselves gazing across a vast desert with scorching heat and the occasional sky high pillar of sand. Desert Rose spotted them and trotted over. "Good to see you. I wish I had some sort of detailed information...but something's up. There's an uneasiness creeping about and a recurring feeling--something's wrong with the world."

Putting on a pair of magnifying glasses, along with grabbing some fine manipulation tools, Scarlet reached for each square un turn. Eyeing them up and looking for details that matched up with the patterns that the completed portions of the puzzle device had revealed.

Keeping his rising impatience at bay, Scarlet slowly moved the squares into position, and mentally crossed his hooves.

"Here we go."

Spoiler

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Working with an energetic vigor, Scarlet Spectrum began to swiftly fit the pieces into place. Upon adding the last one, deep within his mind he heard an echoing sound akin to a large padlock unlocking.

"Nopony knows just what the problem is and that's what worries them the most. As far as contacting you, I've noticed that dreamwalkers tend to have different abilities while dreaming. I can project my voice to ponies across dreams. When I couldn't find you, I actually contacted Zig Zag and asked her to bring you here since it's comfy." Deep within his mind, Night Cap suddenly heard an echoing sound akin to a large padlock unlocking. Desert Rose looked around. "...did anypony else hear that?" Zig Zag shook her head.

Deep within his mind, Snowy Skies suddenly heard an echoing sound akin to a large padlock unlocking.

[Night Cap]​
"I have no idea what that could be. That's good. I can rule out everything I do know."

Working with an energetic vigor, Scarlet Spectrum began to swiftly fit the pieces into place. Upon adding the last one, deep within his mind he heard an echoing sound akin to a large padlock unlocking.

"Nopony knows just what the problem is and that's what worries them the most. As far as contacting you, I've noticed that dreamwalkers tend to have different abilities while dreaming. I can project my voice to ponies across dreams. When I couldn't find you, I actually contacted Zig Zag and asked her to bring you here since it's comfy." Deep within his mind, Night Cap suddenly heard an echoing sound akin to a large padlock unlocking. Desert Rose looked around. "...did anypony else hear that?" Zig Zag shook her head.

Deep within his mind, Snowy Skies suddenly heard an echoing sound akin to a large padlock unlocking.

One would expect a sound interrupting Snowy's viola practice to irritate him, but for this particular sound he sighs, appreciative. It takes him a few moments to realize that he is not currently picking a lock himself, and that there aren't any padlocked rooms around for him to break into, anyways. Besides, this padlock had a certain...ominous feel to it. Like that time he activated a sleep-needle trap while unlocking a door, and his brain registered the quiet *hiss* of release even though he couldn't properly hear it over the click of the lock. Yes, he decided, this was certainly a badlock. But a lock on what? That was the question. Reality didn't seem to be falling down around him yet, so he took the time to weigh his options as he stowed his violin.

...There was really nothing to do but go to The Keep and look around. The sound was definitely not local to his city block, so the only reason he should be hearing it was through his association with the Keep. Still, no reason to go alone. Wandering the museum in the dark while something supernatural ran rampant wasn't just dangerous, it was potentially boring. Rhapsody and Static were late nighters.. "Class is now in session! Report to the Keep immediately." He calls out hurriedly as he steps onto the street, hurrying towards the Keep.

Spoiler

Static held a shrunk down version of a morse code transmitter/receiver. At least, it would be once he was finished with it. He was beginning to get the hang of building things. At the moment he was just trying to shrink down tech he was already familiar with. The more he could do to shrink down his turtle shell, the better.

Amber had did an amazing job giving it a start in shrinking things down. But he was hoping to do even more.

Now came the really tricky part. Now he had to hook up the power supply to the device. One slip and he could fry the entire apparatus. Easy, easy...eeeeeeasy!

"Class is now in session! Report to the keep immediately."

*bzzzzzt!*

"BLAST CONFOUND IT TO TARTARUS!!!!" Static sighed as the fried contraption in his hooves smoked away its last bit of life. "PONY FEATHERS! This better be good, Snowy!"

Static clean up his work space and heads to the Keep.

"What the buck was that?"

Looking around slowly, he tried to find a source for the sound. The opening padlock might have resounded in his head, but its timing relative to his completion of the device, whatever it was, unsettled him.

"What did i just do," he muttered to himself. "And what are the consequences."

Walking slowly, Scarlet circledhis construction, and tried to figure out what it was.

Spoiler

"That's...not particularly reassuring. Especially since not all of us heard it."

There were many intricate markings on the puzzle box. The craftwork really was quite beautiful. Suddenly, Dusty Winds popped out of the air vent with worry visible on her face. "Oops wrong room. Usually don't do that but I need to find Steel or Aunt Brisk."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Rhapsody wasn't anti-social, she could be very social when she desired to. In fact, she was just heading to get dressed to go out on the town, maybe beat some new friends. She was just about to open the locker containing her Black Night outfit, in the hidden part of her basement when she heart Snowy's... Delightful... voice in her head, making her pause completely for a moment. As usual Tyberious, her pet and closest friend what fluttering about, trying to find ways to talk Rhapsody out of her vigilante pursuits. When she unnaturally puases he looks at her and sounds some concern.

"I'm fine, Tyberious. Just an 'offer' was sent to me By Snowy. I'm half tempted just ignore him completely for his tone and phrasing."

The Bat cocks an eye and looks at her before chirping something in reply.

"Yes, I know your offer is still valid too, but I don't have much interest in some strange documentary about training Dragons. Everypony knows that such capabilities are purely fictional."

Tyberious just sorta glares at her.

"Funny, Static gets that same look on his face whenever he hears that as well." She says and closes the locker, with a slight huff. "Might as well see what Snowy wants. He's not usually one to dissturb me without some decently good reason. It'll likely bother me all night if I don't. Have fun with your 'documentary'." She says and heads out to the Museum to meet up with Snowy.

cleardot.gif
Snowy didn't have much time before the others arrived. He hoped they used the same back entrance he always did. But in the mean time, there were things to do. He swiftly hops onto a chair and puts his face up to a ventilation grate. Amplifying his voice to just the right level, he calls "Dusty, are you there? If you're not I'm going to use the ventilation system as a PA system, so you'd best come quickly!"

Spoiler

Static walks into the museum and sees Snowy talking to a vent. Only one pony he could be trying to talk to. He sighed. "You caused me to fry a Morse Code transmitter I've been working on for a week now," Static deadpanned. What's going on?

Spoiler

Scarlet whole body tensed as he fought not to jump out of his skin as a pony popped out of the ventilation. A little voice piped up in the back of his head and started to question the sanity of putting the final touches to an unknown device, built for an unknown purpose, in a dark room, on his own, at night.

Clearing his throat awkwardly to try and cover all of that, he looked at the newcomer and raised a hoof.

"Uh. Did you, hear annything, just now? Like a, strange sound inside your head?"

cleardot.gif
In this case Rhapsody did actually come and land at the back entrance, figuring this was where Snowy would be, on there's static, complaining about something. "Oh what are you whining about now, Static?" Rhapsody asks with a sigh as she lands, and then shakes her head. "Never mind, I don't really want to know." She says and trots past him. "Snowy, get down from there. You're neither Dusty nor Black Night. Those vents are infested with enough ponies without you adding to the mix."

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Static rolls his eyes. He'd like to see how pleasant she is when a weeks worth of work gets flushed down the toilet. But he just didn't care enough to argue with her anymore. "Raphsody! Pleasure as always!"

"Last call, Dusty!" Snowy calls into the vents.

"Oh, good, you're both here." He hops off the chair. "There's about a 50% chance that the world is ending right now, and I know neither of you would let me live it down if you missed the opportunity to stick your hoof in it. So hopefully Dusty shows up and tells us who's left in the building at this time of night, and then we can get to work! Any questions?"

"So the world's ending...again. Any specifics? Who, what, when, where, why?"

"Business as usual then. So did you just not feel the end of the world is worth Everypony's time, or are the rest just really late showing up?"

"But it doesn't give any clue what to search for. There could be any infinite number of..." Desert Rose disappeared, presumably woken by something.

Dusty Winds shook her head. "I didn't hear anything but I just saw...

I was down in the teleport room, chatting with a few of the unicorns and all of a sudden they all disappeared. Poof into thin air but without a 'poof' sound. And it was the only the ones who use the teleportation spell."
She looked over her shoulder. "That sounds like Snowy. Let me take care of this. You see if Steel is around." Dusty Winds ducked back into the vent and eventually exited back where Snowy Skies was.

[Night Cap]​
"How many more things could there be after you eliminate all the-"

She's gone.

"Why does she always do that?"

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"I don't like working with the whole group. 9 ponies capering about makes too much noise. A nice, small team is more to my style, and well," Snowy gives them a lopsided grin, "your team has needed a unicorn for a while."

Dusty Winds ducked back into the vent and eventually exited back where Snowy Skies was.

"Capital timing, Dusty. Who else is still in the museum at this hour?"

"Just finished speaking with Scarlet, Steel and Aunt Brisk are here somewhere, Ready Quill was doing some work with the Morse code machines, and I saw Night Cap and Zig Zag head into the theater a while ago. And, wait...you've never been on an expedition with the teleport room have you? Actually, that doesn't matter--they're gone! The unicorns who run the teleport spell are gone!"

cleardot.gif
"Ah, so good to know you don't think the potential end of the world isn't worth Everypony's time, because you don't want to be in a large group." She says with a huff and an eye roll. "I'll make sure to include that in my report, provide we actually survive this." She says and looks up to Dusty as she reports back. "Seems it doesn't matter anyway, since most the others is already here."

Hearing Dusty's comment to Snowy, Rhapsody shakes her head. "Night Cap and I are the only ones left that have actually used that room. Seems like forever ago..." She says a bit wistfully "So, is it possible they've been teleported through the circle somehow?" Her first thought that maybe Unicorns had just vanished, she thinks she's heard a story or fable like that, but there's already proof that that's probably not what's going on; which leads to her current theory.

cleardot.gif
Static wanted to say something about Snowy only wanting a small team for something so serious. But then Rhapsody beat him to it. He then wanted to say something about sounding an alarm with only a 50% chance that something might be wrong...not to mention that self-important quip about them needing a unicorn. But then Rhapsody's predictable threats of throwing her teammates under the bus made whatever he had to say seem like an unnecessarily harsh beat.

"I can go get Night Cap and Zig Zag and take them to Ms. Iron's office if one of you want to get Scarlet. Might not be a bad idea to call in Maple and Misty too. If unicorns or dissapearing...for...no...reason...
Static spares a glance at Snowy. "and yet you're still here." Static shakes out of it. "Still...shall we?"

Snowy was, for the first time in his life, happy that he couldn't teleport. "I guess we'll go find Scarlet, then. , did any of you hear a badlock? Er, a padlock, unlocking?"

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Snowy was, for the first time in his life, VERY grateful that he couldn't teleport. But all he said was, "Tough nut to crack, I suppose. I'll get Scarlet and bring his to Ms. Iron." His grin returns. "Rhapsody, who would you rather accompany?"

"I don't feel like splitting up is the best idea when we don't know what is actually going on. Night Cap and Zig Zag are likely already on their way to Brisk's office, least I'd expect Zig to be responsible enough to get him there."

Static's first instinct was to pointedly walk off towards the theatre.

It was irking him that he and Rhapsody had finally started to get along together only for her to start becoming even more abrasive than she was before! Sure he could understand that most of it probably came from Amber leaving. But it didn't make things less grating.

Unfortunately, she had a fair point. Splitting up was never a good idea when so little was known about the situation.

Static just sighed. "Scarlet's office it is, then!"

"Quite." Snowy agrees, and leads them down the hall.

"Scarlet, would you happen to--" Snowy halts in the doorway as he sees the completed puzzle box. "Scarlet, you wouldn't have any idea why I heard a badlock--padlock the size of the universe unlock a short while ago, would you?" He asks, all smiles and sweetness.

"Ah!" As if Dusty popping in and out of the ventilation wasn't unsettling enough. Now more ponies suddenly appeared. Which only made things more ominous when Snowy went all smiley on him.

Calming down. Or at aleast, calming down as much as Snowys 'did you just break the universe?' question would allow. Scarlet pointed a wing at the puzzle box.

"Unfortunately yes. I've been working late trying to finish this apparently magical machine, and to ight the final pieces were unearthed. So i, admittedly hastily, decided to complete the device. I 'heard' the padlock go just as i connected the final piece.

Now i agree that that sounds foreboding, but bear in mind, this is still somehow connected to Moonbeam Writ and whatever 'pocket universe' he may be trapped in."

Although his voice remained (mostly) calm and matter-of-fact throughout the explanation. Upon seeing that Static and Rhapsody were with him, Scarlet nearly cracked and shouted 'for yhe love of the Princessess this isn't my fault!'

Nearly.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Static stood there stunned a couple moments before he could speak. "You...put that together...here? The device we have no idea what it does...and you put it together here around all the civilian museam employees and the guests...and the...we have children that visit this museam! Here?"

Night Cap woken to find Ready Quill shaking him in a panic. "I-don't-know-why-you-here-but-we-need-to-find-the-Chief-Director! Getting-Morse-code-reports-in-and-every unicorn-who-works-in-a-teleport-room-just-disappeared! Worldwide!"

Scarlet sighed.

"Which is why i put it together at night. Slowly. Making careful and detailed notes that will be added to those already written before i took on this puzzle. At a time where there are far less civillian ponies around. Although," and her he raised an eyebrow. "If the echo of something unlocking sounded in my head and Snowys. It has most likely been heard in others too. Thus, whatever has reacted to this device isn't bound by geography, so it wouldn't have mattered where i built it.

But honestly, where better to construct it than within a Keep that has dealt with these kinds of mystical creations before, and will do again. STOMP exists to deal with the unexpected right?

So, for now, lets focus on what has happened, and how we are going to counteract it. If the consequences aren't quite as world-ending as they might appear. Then i'm sure the Chief will deal with me later."

Static wanted to argue the fact that if the effect was global, then it didn't matter where he put it together. The simple fact was that he didn't know. Nopony could say if the consequences would be global, city wide, a city block or just a single room. The fact that they didn't know...doing this anywhere near areas inhabited by civilians was not a good idea.

But he was right about one thing. "Fine...right! Deal with what's going on now. But this will need to be discussed after everything's said and done. First things first...we need to find Ms. Iron.

"Of course you'd do something so reckless. You even admit to rushing into it. But that's what you do, isn't?" She says with a sneer. "Maybe if you actually bothered thinking, you'd realize how suspicious and dangerous this whole thing was. But no, you HAVE to finish it, and now it's your fault was have a whole slew of missing Unicorns!" She says glaring to Scarlet. "If anything happens to any of them, it is on your head."

"STOMP exists to deal with strange artifacts and situations, NOT CAUSE THEM! Pretty sure, even Night Cap is smarter then that." Did... did she actually just kinda say something nice about Night Cap? She huffs and shakes her head, she's just barely controlling her rage at the moment, she was seething with anger, and could barely take a step without breaking tiles in the floor, with all her negativity at Scarlet for replacing Amber, mixing with someone actually being stupid enough to cause a potential apocalypse, and then casually dismiss it. It took all the control and focus she had to just not buck him across the city right now.

"What's happened? What's happened is that you've completely bucked up! The chief can deal with you right now, as she is REALLY not fond of STOMP members actively using dangerous artifacts;" She knows this from personal experience, but isn't going to go into that. "Then we can go actually investigate this, without worrying about you being foolish and rushing in to do something even more stupid and do even more damage to the world!"

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
"Or what she said," Static said with a deflated sigh.

Static was trying to leave some wiggle room for Scarlet. Maybe he was just following in Ambers hoof steps. If so, Amber was as guilty as Scarlet. It was the policy Static was worried about, not necessarily Scarlet.

But of course leave it to Rhapsody to go right for the jugular!

"Either way, finding Ms. Iron is the next step, yes?"

Scarlet was shocked when he heard about the 'Global' disappearance of teleport Unicorns. However, hismay had barely started to drain his confidence when Rhapsody sneering verbal rant sparked a flush of pure anger.

"I don't know you. You don't know me. So don't prejudge based on your own opinion of what makes a pony reckless, Rhapsody!"

Before the anger could him any farther, Scarlet controlled himself, and took a breath. In a strained, but calm voice, he continued.

"I have been following the notes, recordings, opinions, and guidance, of those who have worked on this before me! i have worked based on the hypothesis that the this mechanized luzzle square device is somejow connected to the puzzle squares that have also been found. That this is very much connected to Moonbeam Writ, and thus to 'Manorspace'. I have been working on the theoary that this device is in some way, a key part of finding him. Most importantly though, i have been working under the assumption that any and all devices, need to be activated in some way. Nowhere in the notes or from those i've spoken too, has it been said 'beware of breaking the universe!' I was not ordered, advised, nor warned, not to complete the device.

And my remark about being hasty? That is based solely on hindsight. On what has happened. On something i could not have foreseen, or planned for!"

His anger breaking aa he ran out of steam, despair washed over him. How could he have let this happen? Was Rhapsody right? Had he just thrown the Chiefs faith and trust in him back in her face?

Standing small, Scarlet fought to keep his calm.

"Lets go and find the Chief," he said in a flat voice, not looking at anypony. "S-should we bring the device along too?"

At this point, what else could go wrong?

"Fair enough," Static said. "Then maybe you're not to blame. But we may want to have a discussion with Ms. Iron about protocol regarding unknown magical mechanisms and how, when and where they're reassembled. Until then...yes...please...let go find Ms. Iron."

"S-should we bring the device along too?"

Static looked the device over. "If you can carry it without letting it slow you down, I don't see why not."

"That's more or less how it goes." Snowy says pleasantly. "Until such time as the world is no longer in danger, we don't worry too much about who's at fault." He gives Rhapsody a meaningful glance. "I'm not normally one for social norms, but this is a good one. We'll sort out what we learned when things have settled down. In the mean time, the situation room. Better known as the chief's office. I'll carry the cube." He sweeps the cube up in his magic, probing at it thoroughly.

Spoiler

Night Cap woken to find Ready Quill shaking him in a panic. "I-don't-know-why-you-here-but-we-need-to-find-the-Chief-Director! Getting-Morse-code-reports-in-and-every unicorn-who-works-in-a-teleport-room-just-disappeared! Worldwide!"
Night Cap answers groggily.

"I don't wanna go to school today."

He shakes off the grogginess.

"Unicorns? Disappearing? Are they all gone? Am I all here?"

He feels for his horn, eyes widening when he doesn't find it. Maybe he hasn't shaken off all the grogginess.

"We've got to find the Chief Director. Have you checked her office already?"

"I-was-about-to-but-just-telling-you-since-I-saw-you-come-in."Upon hearing Ready Quill's panicked description, Zig Zag immediately got up and began pushing Night Cap towards Brisk Iron's office.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Snowy Skies reached out with his magic something tickled his nose and caused him to sneeze. Seemed normal enough until the others could get a good look at him. Portions of his horn looked as if they were made of rose gold with white alabaster etching like the box. And it was subtly spreading...

Until the conflict is resolved, each time Snowy Skies rolls Arcana, it spreads slightly more and he loses 10 Fatal HP. Exceptions to this are if he uses a Magic Point for the roll or if an ally uses a Magic Point to assist him in a way outside of the regular +10 to skill checks.

And so he is pushed.

"Okay, I'm going, I'm going."

While it would be fun to be pushed the entire way, the sooner he gets this over with the sooner he can go home for the night. So he begins doing his own walking.

Scarlet took a step back, an unspoken curse forming on his lips.

"What the buck," he whispered. A thin twist of fear beginning to form. This waa as far from what he'd expected as it was possible to get.

"Snowy, get back from it!"

Pulling out his trusty lasso, Scarlet lunged for the cursed device, aiming to lash it to his back. Anything to keep Snowy from trying any more magic!

[spoiler[Might Roll for getting the box omto Scarlets back.
1d20=11
11+5=16
Total:16[/spoiler]

Snowy is quite startled by Scarlet's reaction, but it does help him place the itching in his horn. As he reaches a hoof up to touch it, he recognizes the familiar cold texture of gold and alabaster. "Well, so much for being the team unicorn." He says with a shrug. "And don't you start." He says to Rhapsody. "I knew what I was getting into." For a given value of what I was getting into, he adds silently. "Let's head to the office."

Scarlet managed to successfully lasso the puzzle box away from Snowy Skies. Soon, everyony made it to Brisk Iron's office to find her, Steel Flint, and Dusty Winds discussing a portion of the recent events.

Top Bottom