How to survive?

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
why do they call it oven when you of in the cold food of out hot eat the food
The Definitive Explanation to "Why Do They Call It Oven when You Of In the Cold Food Of Out Hot Eat the Food?"
The Definitive Explanation to "Why Do They Call It Oven when You Of In the Cold Food Of Out Hot Eat the Food?"
"Of in" sounds similar to "oven". In the context of the joke, "of in" itself has two meanings, while at the same time sounding like the word "oven". When you say you "of in", there's a clever triple meaning at play: "of in" could be referring to three things: 1. the act of inserting the food into the apparatus; 2. the presence of heat emitted from the apparatus; 3. a pun of "oven". The joke then makes the claim that "of out" is the antonym of "of in". If "of in" means inserting the food, then "of out" means removing the food; if "of in" means heat is present within the food, then "of out" means heat is absent from the food.
Here's an example of a sentence that uses all the definitions of "of in" and "of out": When a food is considered cold, the heat from the oven is "of out"(absent from) the food; so you "of in" (insert) the cold food into the oven, then you "of out" (remove) the food from the oven once the heat from the oven is "of in" (present within) the food.
The punchline of the joke hinges on the origin of the name given to the apparatus, oven. The premise of the punchline insists the name "oven" has to come from "of in". If a claim is made that oven is named after the act of inserting cold food into the apparatus (of in), then according to the joke, it does not make sense, because the heat from the apparatus is absent from the food (of out). Conversely, if oven is named after the presence of heat from the apparatus within the hot food (of in), then it conflicts with the fact that hot food is removed from the apparatus (of out).
The humor of the punchline comes from the flawed logic used to deduce to origin of the name "oven". The logic is flawed in such a way that one who uses it to find the etymology of "oven" would simply be stuck in an endless cycle of speculation and end up never finding the answer they are looking for.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
It’s hard to support a family and yourself.

Shouldn’t we be compassionate toward those who desert their families and not pay child support because it’s just too hard?

Not everyone is strong, smart, or talented?

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Thank you all for every sound and logical piece of advice. I’ve heard you and will consider it all. And if I hope to survive I’ll have to do this:

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
If you want to avoid unwanted pregnancies, child support payments, and getting sexually transmitted diseases.

But you still want to have recreational sex.

Can you do this safely? That is, have an easy, stress-free, fun, casual sex life, without all the pitfalls, consequences, and headaches?

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
You're not going to find many things in life that can be both.

That may explain why Chris Watts and Scott Peterson did what they did. Or the reason why some people desert, abandon their families.

Couldn’t that be any of us though? We have hopes and dreams for our lives but things don’t work out the way we planned, expected, and counted on.

So we want to start over. Looking for a way out. Following our hearts.

Isn’t that what divorce is all about?

Deathy G1

Citizen
That may explain why Chris Watts and Scott Peterson did what they did. Or the reason why some people desert, abandon their families.

Couldn’t that be any of us though? We have hopes and dreams for our lives but things don’t work out the way we planned, expected, and counted on.

So we want to start over. Looking for a way out. Following our hearts.

Isn’t that what divorce is all about?
This thread is not making you look too good at the moment...

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Old survival books say to include a deck of cards and a chess set when assembling your survival kit.

I don’t think this applies anymore now that there are mobile app games, Nintendo Switches, gameboys, etc.

Before around the mid-70’s all we had was checkers, chess, backgammon, and maybe dominoes with checkers being by far the most popular.

Then Milton Bradley and Parker Brothers board games showed up and pushed them aside, and Pac-man and Donkey Kong on Atari supplanted those.

No one plays cards, chess, checkers, dominoes, and backgammon anymore.

Games are no fun anymore because there’s too many to choose from now.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Will Donald Trump be able to survive his indictments? Is his political career dead?

Did Jesus survive crucifixion and death? Did he rise from the dead and appear to Mary and his disciples after three days? Was his body gone from the cave?

I heard the Bible does seem to match the historical records of what was going on during the time periods that spanned each of the books. If I am to survive spiritually do I need to read, understand, and memorize the Bible. I can’t really seem to get into it. If the Holy Bible is supposed to be so good, why do I find reading it so boring. Is there something wrong with me? Does this make me a bad Christian?

Last edited:

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Would Donald Trump have survived and gottten re-elected if the pandemic did not happen?

Did Jesus pass through that rock and survive without anyone moving it. Did he raise Lazareth from the dead?

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
Would Donald Trump have survived and gottten re-elected if the pandemic did not happen?

Did Jesus pass through that rock and survive without anyone moving it. Did he raise Lazareth from the dead?
okay, two things. 1. are you implying trump died of covid during the pandemic? 2. >Lazareth

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
In order to survive a marriage it’s best not to get life insurance.

Why do women poison their husbands?

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
How can rabbits, hares, and bunnies survive when they get hunted, ripped apart and eaten by much smaller animals like weasels, stotes, and mongooses. They literally get chased down because they may be fast but they don’t have endurance, then they literally get torn apart and eaten alive, limb by limb. It is heartbreakingly sad and tearful.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Will Donald Trump be able to survive near political death? Can he reformat himself, make a deal for a new body and new troops to command:

And go do this to Ron DeSantis:

Can he pull it off? Find out on the next episode of More Than Meets Eye - Ultimate Doom: Countdown to Extinction.

Top Bottom