How to survive?

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Coyotes have moved into suburbs. Supposedly they are responsible for eating people’s household pets.

The coyotes I’ve seen are not that big. They’re kind of light and skinny. They seemed pretty quiet and docile, not like German shepherds and pit bulls which are aggressive and bark a lot.

However, I saw a news video of a coyote grabbing a little girl by the back of her jacket in her neck area, pulling her down to the ground in the family driveway, and dragging her away. She cried out and her dad had to run and save her, chase the coyote away by yelling at it and throwing a water bottle at it. That was quite disturbing.

I also recently saw a news report of a woman who got eaten alive by a crocodile. And a while ago I read an article about two women swimming in a lake and a crocodile got a hold of one them in its jaws and swam away with her never to be seen or heard from again.

People are always disappearing at National Parks. They make it out to be something paranormal but I think they’re being snatched up by animals.

wentwood

Citizen
I watch movies on DVD and will see new ones soon.

I don't go to the theater.

I group shipped in a lot of my movies and am letting the new ones go down in price before adding them later.

Once I catch up there will be a wait for price drop on the newest movies.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
People are always disappearing at National Parks. They make it out to be something paranormal but I think they’re being snatched up by animals.

Or scavenged. Get lost enough and you're toast well before any animal finds you.

There's a few things I won't do. I won't go in the ocean, and I won't go in the woods. There's things out there that know what they're doing, and I don't.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I watch movies on DVD and will see new ones soon.

I don't go to the theater.

I group shipped in a lot of my movies and am letting the new ones go down in price before adding them later.

Once I catch up there will be a wait for price drop on the newest movies.
Did you post this in the wrong thread lol

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Did you post this in the wrong thread lol

Yeah, I took it as him saying he saves money by watching movies on DVD, and not going to the theaters where it’s much more expensive (eg, tickets, popcorn, candy, soda, etc.).

Finding cheap forms of entertainment is crucial for survival.

He saves money on the DVDs by buying them in bulk and group shipping them.

And he waits for the new movies on DVD to drop in price so he can get them at a low price.

Cheap DVDs are excellent resources to have to survive, so you can entertain yourself when you have to hunker down. Otherwise, your mind will start to spiral down and you will go crazy.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This is true. I live where power outages are utterly mundane. We've gotten good at getting the power back on, but the internet always takes longer to restore. Cheap, offline entertainment is important.

wentwood

Citizen
I watch movies on disk off wi fi.

Stream feeds are now running upwards of 20 bucks each feed and that money could be better spent for movies on DVD and Blu Ray.

Also movie tickets run up to 12 bucks or more depending on the theater.

So to cut costs I watch movies on DVD.

Also fuel goes up to 6 bucks a gallon depending on the station.

wentwood

Citizen
Cable runs $170 a month and you would need to pay extra for Starz , Max and Show Time and even then there's little chance of any of those slots running a movie you missed.

Most of the time they run a movie you've already seen and it can be months before a newer movie goes over the air so you can catch it.

So I don't have cable for this reason.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I canceled my TV service a while back. I wasn't watching it anyway, and the price was going up for no reason except that they felt like it. I haven't missed it. I feel like I could comfortably go the rest of my life without it.

Axaday

Citizen
Cable runs $170 a month and you would need to pay extra for Starz , Max and Show Time and even then there's little chance of any of those slots running a movie you missed.

Most of the time they run a movie you've already seen and it can be months before a newer movie goes over the air so you can catch it.

So I don't have cable for this reason.
Stream

wentwood

Citizen
Stream can run 20 bucks a month so I don't have it.

I group ship movies because depending on tax and s and h it can cost 5 bucks extra.

So for past movies I waited for all of them to release together to get the orders down to one and this way I only get caught for 5 bucks S and h and tax.

It's down to singles with the new movies on disk or will be coming to disk and for those I will hold as new movies are 20 bucks each right now so I will pick them up when the price drops.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Home internet is expensive, but it’s probably necessary if I want to work from home.

I heard 5G was supposed to be as good as home internet in order to make self-driving cars possible (ie. minimize latency), but I doubt cellular internet can ever match home internet. Not only that, I think they’ve given up on self-driving cars because it kept running over people and killing them. In order for self-driving cars to work, all the cars on the road have to be self-driving, which is probably still 100 years away.

I also still have a landline, which is ridiculously expensive, but I need it because I don’t have a cell phone.

Axaday

Citizen
Stream can run 20 bucks a month so I don't have it.

I group ship movies because depending on tax and s and h it can cost 5 bucks extra.

So for past movies I waited for all of them to release together to get the orders down to one and this way I only get caught for 5 bucks S and h and tax.

It's down to singles with the new movies on disk or will be coming to disk and for those I will hold as new movies are 20 bucks each right now so I will pick them up when the price drops.
How much per month do you spend on DVDs?

wentwood

Citizen
Well I try to keep it at under 30 bucks so I group ship sets in.

Some have been 15 bucks for all of them but it depends on the set.

For The Fast And The Furious 3.50 per movie up to the 7th.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I was thinking about trying to save time and money on laundry?

Has anyone done laundry without a washer and dryer?

Maybe you washed your clothes in the shower, why taking a shower?

And hanging it up to dry?

Was it worth doing laundry this way?

Or was it too much of a hassle (ie. more trouble than it’s worth)?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'd rather save money not watering the lawn. Modern laundry machines are just too convenient.

And down here this time of the year it is really not practical to hang laundry to dry. It's raining every day.

wentwood

Citizen
I found a 13 disk set for all MCU movies Iron Man - Black Widow. I also own No Way Home. Black Widow and No Way Home are MCU Phase 4.

Any new movies will be Phase 4 but I would like to hold for a price drop before adding them.

MCU Phase 5 has recently just started so hopefully Phase 4 will be cheaper soon.

wentwood

Citizen
Went to Dollar General to see what movies I was missing I need to fill in but will hold on these movies for now.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I noticed that people in poverty, or even homeless, have dogs and pets?

Why is that? Aren’t they a financial burden?

People say cats and dogs give them love, but isn’t that only because you’re feeding them?

Pitbulls turn on their owners and kill them all the time. I heard cats want to eat your face. When people die in their homes, their dogs eat them; I’ve heard stories where their owner’s body parts are scattered throughout the house (eg. head in one room and leg in another). On a farm they left a baby by itself to play around the pig pen and when the family members returned the baby was dead, his head, his brain, had been chewed up and eaten by one of the pigs. Pigs are highly intelligent animals, even more so than cats and dogs. Tilikum, the orca, another mammal close to the intelligence of humans, chomped down and ate one of its trainers when they ran out of fish to give him during a show.

Are pets a potential food source for survival, as a last resort? On Little House on the Prairie, I think the father had to kill his horse in order to feed his family.

Other than that, I think pets would be a financial drain.

Top Bottom