How to survive?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Dogs are family. If a dog turns on its owner I 100% believe the owner did something wrong.

Pigs are another story. They are surprisingly intelligent, but they are barely domesticated. They can go full feral very quickly.

Tilikum isn't a case of a trained animal going wild. He was born in the wild and got to experience it before being put in captivity and abused. The situation of captive orcas is horrible on the best of days, but he knew how bad his situation was. No one blames him for snapping.

Axaday

Citizen
Pitbulls turn on their owners and kill them all the time. I heard cats want to eat your face. When people die in their homes, their dogs eat them; I’ve heard stories where their owner’s body parts are scattered throughout the house (eg. head in one room and leg in another). On a farm they left a baby by itself to play around the pig pen and when the family members returned the baby was dead, his head, his brain, had been chewed up and eaten by one of the pigs. Pigs are highly intelligent animals, even more so than cats and dogs. Tilikum, the orca, another mammal close to the intelligence of humans, chomped down and ate one of its trainers when they ran out of fish to give him during a show.

Can you substantiate any of that?

You can feed a pet for a year for a few hundred dollars. They don't need clothes or gas or fancy vacations. A dog you can even feed table scraps in a pinch. Some people can't afford it, but most can. It can be very satisfying to pet a furry animal. Possibly they only like you because you feed them, but it is hard to tell.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Can you substantiate any of that?

You can feed a pet for a year for a few hundred dollars. They don't need clothes or gas or fancy vacations. A dog you can even feed table scraps in a pinch. Some people can't afford it, but most can. It can be very satisfying to pet a furry animal. Possibly they only like you because you feed them, but it is hard to tell.

These cases are easy to substantiate but I choose not to include YouTube videos, articles, photos, source material, or any proof whatsoever because it’s too disturbing, morbid, nightmarish, gross, nasty, offensive, scary, gory, etc. This way people can choose not to believe it. Most people believe humans and animals have a special relationship and connection and perhaps that’s a better, healthier way to live. The world has enough problems to worry about.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
We generally don't, but dogs are a special case. They aren't funny looking wolves that accept us as even funnier looking fellow wolves. We domesticated them so hard that we've ingrained some of our psychology into them. We do have a special connection.

Why some dogs turn on their owners is a mystery, but I don't think it's an especially difficult one. Dogs are family. There are dysfunctional families out there.

wentwood

Citizen
Not actually pay more.

I look at the split cost for movies.

There were all 10 Star Trek movies together.

PS1 -

Having gotten the PS Mini I bought all 5 blue flash drives with over 500 games.

So rather than buy a lot of game disks I got the flash drives.

This freed things up for PS 2 game disks.

Axaday

Citizen
When you have hundreds of DVDs, how often will you watch each one? I used to watch a lot of TV boxsets and it was the only way to do it and I just looked at the $50 as my fee to watch. But things have changed. Those boxsets are still on my shelf and to an extent I dig it to have a sort of living room display of movies and TV that I've enjoyed, but most of them I have never gone through again. Maybe some day. But most of them are available on a streaming service and if it disappears for a while it will turn up on another. Practically all of them are available to rent on Amazon Prime and a DVD that costs $15 is not really likely IN MY HOME to be watched 6 times.

I don't know where the $20 figure comes from exactly. I have Netflix, Disney+, and Paramount+. $20 is probably about accurate for that. If I were a move avid movie watcher, I would have MAX also.

wentwood

Citizen
Well I watch at least one half hour of a series and I break up the movies.

I didn't have HBO at the time so I bought Game Of Thrones.

I watch movies on DVD so I can see them on my TV off wi fi.

The screen on an I pad is a bit small for movies.

Up to Phase 4 Black Widow I can see MCU movies.

As for TV shows catching up early episodes I missed. So I watch one episode a day on DVD (25 Minutes)

Game Of Thrones can run up to and over an hour.

As I own all of Game Of Thrones will likely watch it weekly.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
The conventional wisdom has been that coffee is bad for you. It’s basically a powerful drug that would be regulated if discovered today.

Why do a lot of people (eg, those who work a regular 9 to 5 job, 40 hours a week) see and use coffee as an essential survival beverage?

They almost seem to consider it battery fluid for their minds and bodies.

Axaday

Citizen
Coffee is good for treating caffeine withdrawal, which is important because most Americans are addicted to caffeine. Smart workplaces that want their employees not to be trying to work while suffering withdrawals often provide it for free. It is very cheap to buy and prepare.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I’m guessing most families have adults in them that are mentally challenged, slow, developmentally disabled or mentally handicapped in some way. Some of these adults may have the mind of a three year old.

I implore you to be kind to them, patient, understanding, encouraging, compassionate, lifting them up. I know it’s so easy to treat them bad and abuse them. But I’m asking you to control those dark impulses and make their world a better place. They have no political power; there is no special needs awareness month.

Shower them with love. Help them to get laid.

Help them to survive in this world.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I’d like to express my sadness at the loss of lives in the sub touring the Titanic.

I think we should stop deep sea and outer space exploration. It’s just not worth it when we have enough to worry about on dry land.

Maybe we should rethink zoos, safaris, sea world, etc. and respect animals, leave them alone. We’ve lost too many lives from

Let’s divert that money to social programs (eg. to help the mentally handicapped, challenged, slow, underdeveloped, damaged, disabled, etc.).

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
No, they don't. Pit bulls are no more dangerous than any other breed; in fact, modern pits were specifically bred to be friendly and loyal to humans. They're only dangerous to humans if they've been horribly mistreated, which again, applies to just about any dog.

Yes, this is exactly what all experienced dog owners say, almost to the word and letter.

But the fact is pit bulls have a BAD reputation. They kill a lot of children. Pit bulls are a fighting breed. It’s in their blood; they can’t escape it.

Yet, experienced dog owners and lovers continue to think they can make a pitbull part of a family with small children. Bad idea. Really bad idea.

They’re like that guy who was the bear whisperer, that ended up getting eaten by one of his bears, along with his girlfriend.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
In other words, you're not interested in facts, just fear-mongering. My fault for not taking the rest of the thread into account to know that first, I suppose.

If you do so much as a simple Google search on the matter, you might learn something. But you've been told that for the last ten pages, clearly I'm not gonna change anything.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I think we should stop deep sea and outer space exploration. It’s just not worth it when we have enough to worry about on dry land.

James Cameron has been to the Titanic 33 times. Obviously it can be done safely.

But the fact is pit bulls have a BAD reputation. They kill a lot of children. Pit bulls are a fighting breed. It’s in their blood; they can’t escape it.

There's at least 5 breeds that the media calls pit bulls. You don't think that might skew the statistics a bit?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Before it was "pit bulls" it was dobermans and rottweilers. Someday the media will get bored and move on to the next one.

Top Bottom