He-Man, and also the Masters of the Universe

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm still one episode away from getting caught up and reading up in here, but wanted to share this in the meantime.

Badgertron

Citizen
I don't really get why they haven't seemed to make any effort to get the Filmation & She-Ra rights back, are they that expensive?

Axaday

Citizen
I honestly liked Season 1 better than Season 2.

It is a confusing sort of dramatic irony when almost everyone watching the show knows about Keldor, but Adam doesn't and then Skeleton doesn't either.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't really get why they haven't seemed to make any effort to get the Filmation & She-Ra rights back, are they that expensive?
The way I hear it, Dreamworks, or at least their parent company, were like "we don't sell anything" or something like that when they tried.

mightymegs

Citizen
Is that a Dr Strange sling ring portal? Why does Keldor have purple pants?
Keldor has portaled in from somewhere... another part of Eternia or another reality? Was the Sorceress doing the porting, or was she trying to stop it? Is this Keldor good or bad? Are he and Skelly friends or foes? All for the viewer to decide.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
1706960988250.gif

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Has there been an official or unofficial renaming of Evil Lyn?

I thought of Noble as an honorable descriptor that would match the L from Evil.

Noble-Lyn sounds sorta odd tho, haha

Also, I figure there would be more of a fuss about robots having souls.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Wasn't she just Evelyn then, like the normal earth name? Evil-Lyn was just a corruption of that.

I always kinda wanted someone somewhere to use her backstory from the original MotU story bible, where she was originally Evelyn Powers, one of the other astronauts on Marlena's mission.

-ZacWilliam, I can definitely see her as a Dr. Smith type.

Last edited:

mightymegs

Citizen
Wasn't there a Robot Chicken that had Skeletor and Evil Lyn in bed, reading, and Skelly looks up from his paper and says, "I just realized your name is a play on 'Evelyn'..."

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Has there been an official or unofficial renaming of Evil Lyn?

I thought of Noble as an honorable descriptor that would match the L from Evil.

Noble-Lyn sounds sorta odd tho, haha

Also, I figure there would be more of a fuss about robots having souls.
I'm good with just Evelyn or Lyn.

Asfar as a robot having a soul, or a Ghost in the Shell, if you will, as a resident board Protestant Christian and fan of cyberpunk...I'm not touching that with a ten-foot pole.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
They were cowering in the snake mountain playset actually. It was the skit where they killed he-man.
I was going to bring this up, actually.

"Pretty clever, huh?"

*pause*

"...no."

Aside: Finished Revolution, and I liked it.

Trying to think of what else to say that hasn't already been said. But here we go (in no particular order):

Man-of-War is awesome.

Hordak was cool.

Was hoping for something more in line with "King He-Man," but the movie/Netflix/20XX hybrid was pretty cool.

Dig Teela's new Sorceress look, being based on the Central Tower. Definitely makes her feel like her own person, and not just her mother's daughter carrying the same kind of look and stuff (though I did enjoy the other looks -- Mattel's going to have a full slate with all these new looks, aren't they?)

I like how they did Keldor, and basically merging the two origins of his together here. I prefer the Keldor angle, so that was really nice. Also amusing that Luke Skywalker and Captain Kirk are two halves of the same whole.

Fewer old toy callbacks here than in the first series, with a few exceptions, Woo, Rio Blast!

Loved how they did Battle Armor He-Man. Glad to finally see that version in animation.

Gwildor's voice was REALLY familiar. But I looked it up, and I don't think it was from anything else the actor did. Weird.

I liked the Horde-ified look of Castle Grayskull. My wife wasn't so much a fan.

Reeaaally liked Lyn in this one.

Granamyr was pretty awesome.

Despera makes an interesting cliffhanger. I thought Snake Men would be next.

He-Man getting cut off from the power like that was interesting. I thought the power was like, transmitted into him, or at least a portion of it, hence "Let the Power return!" Instead, it needs a constant signal? Does this mean Adam can't transform if he doesn't have enough bars?

I kinda wish SkeleTek (wait, is that a play on Shatner's old scifi novel series?) had more of a New Adventures look. But this was alright.

"Democracy comes to Eternos" was NOT the ending I was expecting.

And I think that's all I've got at the moment.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I decided to get the series set of the 80's show on DVD. I already had it digitally on Amazon, but some things you just want physically, especially since I already have She-Ra physically. Interesting note, both collections have the He-Man/She-Ra movie as well as the Christmas special.

So anyway, I'll probably get into a deep dive on that sometime soon.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I'm good with just Evelyn or Lyn.

Asfar as a robot having a soul, or a Ghost in the Shell, if you will, as a resident board Protestant Christian and fan of cyberpunk...I'm not touching that with a ten-foot pole.
Touch it. Touch iiiiiit! Kidding.

But really tho, he would have been the easiest to return. Seeing him in the background just makes it tougher to bring him back.

Actually I was pretty miffed at the first ep where they went to retrieve the souls but it wasn't a ploy to resurrect the two. Meaning they died such bland kind of deaths, with no chance of a redo.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
They're dead. Adam only got a pass because he literally forfeit his eternity in it's entirety. He was cool with evaporating completely when he dies again, because he didn't want his friend to be pissy with him.

Conversely: if he hadn't done it, he would have been evaporated anyway. So no matter what: adam's fate is predestined.

Top Bottom