He-Man, and also the Masters of the Universe

Platypus Prime

Citizen
"Our pest control technicians will conduct a 14 point home inspection, then burn down your entire neighborhood, and maybe the town next door for good measure. This ensures that there is no place left for those pests to hide!"

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
You know what? These cross-over events make it really hard to know which thread to post in. I suppose I'll post it here and then copy/paste it to the He-Man thread because...well, I had to make a decision.

IMG_2869.jpeg

I found this at Target tonight. This was the only character I found and there were only two of them.

IMG_2870.jpeg

The picture at the bottom shows that some of the accessories that come with this are actually for a build-a-figure. But the work well with this figure too. So, *shrug*

IMG_2871.jpeg

Pretty decent Mouser. That card is just a card. No comic for you. 😥

IMG_2873.jpeg

And of course a size comparison with a MotU Origin figure and TMNT Mutant Mayhem figure.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I got Donatello the other day. Turtle at Arms is a good fit. Not liking that the Helmet is glued on. His back shell detaches and acts as a shield. A feature shared by the other Turtles and Man at Arms himself. Also Donny and Duncan’s maces combine to make one long Pugil Stick staff.
IMG_4812.jpeg

And it’s a Mattel line utilizing the MotU Origins style so posting here does feel fair.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Donny’s back box art fighting Beast Man with the rest of the regular wave 1 line up of Leo, Man at Arms, and Mutant He-man.
IMG_4815.jpeg

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw the first three eps.

Ep1 was such a tease, concerning their first mission. Are they coming back? Kevin Smith wrote the first ep but, I dunno, the puns don't seem right.

Are the three pillars of magic or whatever in motu Lore? Kinda cool.

Didn't like the speech story. Liked the ending.

Ep2, did New Adventures Skeletor ever use a robotic related name?

Dang it, I didn't get the riddle. Oooh, I like the retro.

I like the magic parts over the political parts.

Ep3, I choked on hearing "I'm the forbidden fruit that lifts his loincloth." Yikes, haha

Huh. I was wondering who the other person they were going to visit. Interesting.

Oh wow, was that ever used in a toon before?! That was cool.

Holy cow, i didn't like Motherboard before but seeing the reference, wow! Cool ending.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Enjoyed Revolution greatly. Lot's of lore being borrowed from various sources. Some Mini comics, some Filmation, a lot of the "Classics" Toyline era stuff, even a bit of DC comics stuff from the last decade. Especially with the tease they gave at the end.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Breezed through it in one afternoon home. Wish there were more than 6 episodes.

On the whole I liked it a lot.

It was great to see Buzz-off, Snout Spout and especially Rio-Blast but it was weird only those guys and Ram Man really showed up outside the main cast. It would have been nice to see Stratos and Mekaneck and some other later guys. I would have killed to see Extendar.

The episode where Teela had her first new look and then Duncan showed up with his really made the whole thing feel like one of those "Start of the Season" multiparters that 80s Cartoons would do to introduce the years new toys and that was a nice hit of Nostalgia.

Saw the Keldor plot coming from the first second he unhooded, but it worked.

The only thing that really struck me as a bit silly was how vague the governmental bit at the end was. Name a council or something to make the transition my man, just don't ghost the place for a ghost place.

-ZacWilliam, I wonder what the odds are of them getting a third season to follow up the tease... Netflix likes killing things early, but those properties have been so separate now it would be cool to see them actually come together again.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Enjoyed Revolution greatly. Lot's of lore being borrowed from various sources. Some Mini comics, some Filmation, a lot of the "Classics" Toyline era stuff, even a bit of DC comics stuff from the last decade. Especially with the tease they gave at the end.
I didn't read the recent ish DC comics. What were the callbacks?

I finished the last two eps and, yeeeah, it was good. I'm disappointed that we didn't see people return. I mean, one person probably didn't even have a soul anyway (right?)

I wasn't sure but the giants were from the Christmas Special? Loved those guys and their appearance in She-Ra.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I didn't read the recent ish DC comics. What were the callbacks?
They made Adora a full Hordak like suit like seen at the end there and called her Despara. And I was sure there was a flash in some of Skeletor's memories that was a call back to him and Hordak kidnapping Adora from the Secret of the Sword. And a lot of Revolution mirrored a bit of the DC comics like Randor Dying and Adam becoming King. Teela becoming the Snake goddess, and Hordak and the Horde taking Eternia and warping Castle Grayskull

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
They made Adora a full Hordak like suit like seen at the end there and called her Despara. And I was sure there was a flash in some of Skeletor's memories that was a call back to him and Hordak kidnapping Adora from the Secret of the Sword. And a lot of Revolution mirrored a bit of the DC comics like Randor Dying and Adam becoming King. Teela becoming the Snake goddess, and Hordak and the Horde taking Eternia and warping Castle Grayskull
OMGrayskull, I didn't even realize who that person was! I took it for granted that it was just another person! That's an amazing connection!

Deathy G1

Citizen
This was the best season of the Kevin Smith series/reboot.

By far.

Though it could be because I've loved
Keldor
since the 2002 series. He is generally much cooler than
Skeletor

Shadhausen

Citizen
-ZacWilliam, I wonder what the odds are of them getting a third season to follow up the tease... Netflix likes killing things early, but those properties have been so separate now it would be cool to see them actually come together again.
Probably not very likely - they were lucky to get a paltry 5 episodes for this season. After all the bitching over the first season I doubt Netflix wants any more to do with it.

Top Bottom