He-Man, and also the Masters of the Universe

Axaday

Citizen
I don't think King Grayskull knew for sure what the rules were. Teela brought Preternia back, creating it herself with magic. I think Adam can rest assured at least that he is not definitely doomed to oblivion.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Good point.. theoretically Adam only gave up his ability to go back to the -previous- Preternia, as this is technically a new one, so he may be able to get back in after all.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I suppose that would be proven if we could see if she had managed to restore all the lost souls to preternia.

Axaday

Citizen
I'm not sure he couldn't go back even if it hadn't been destroyed and remade. I didn't see anyone there that was in charge.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
You're assuming greyskull was in charge of the first one, and not simply the messenger for hard coded rules. It was heaven, everyone got a giant, fancy assed castle.

Axaday

Citizen
I'm explicitly assuming Grayskull wasn't in charge. I think there was a dominant opinion there that it was unnatural to go back and most people wouldn't want to go back, but I really felt like they just felt like it would be too risky. I had no sense that any of that was for sure.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
They're dead. Adam only got a pass because he literally forfeit his eternity in it's entirety. He was cool with evaporating completely when he dies again, because he didn't want his friend to be pissy with him.

Conversely: if he hadn't done it, he would have been evaporated anyway. So no matter what: adam's fate is predestined.

You see, my interpretation was that anyone who ever had the power of He-Man had their own little section of Preterniaand Adam was giving up his place in the VIP section and he'd have to spend eternity with the peasants.

At most I thought maybe it meant he'd walk the world as a restless spirit or go to Scareglows realm.

I never took it to mean he would just evaporate into oblivion.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
They state a couple of times that spirits that wander eventually just... disappear. I think they even make a comment that not everyone makes it to preternia in the first place, which means that just evaporating is the default.

And if the options are cease to be, or go to hell: we already know how most people would choose.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
So with tonight's acquisitions , I think I've regained all of the MotU that I have child nostalgia for in some form or another...and then some. Not that I've regained everything I had as a kid, but I have everything I had the most nostalgia for.

IMG_2924.jpeg

IMG_2925.jpeg

IMG_2926.jpeg

IMG_2927.jpeg

IMG_2928.jpeg

I've been wanting a Grizzlor for a while now. Sure I could've gotten the Masterforce version sooner and cheaper, but this is so much closer to the original I just had to go for this one, and I'm so glad I did.

IMG_2929.jpeg

And the actual vintage Bashisaurus! I was hoping to wait for an Origins version, but I'm beginning to wonder if there'll ever be one. And I just tested my Origins Battle Armor He-Man...he fits.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I love the Bashasaurus. Had one as a kid.

Huh... is that where my love of ankylosaurs began?

NovaSaber

Citizen
"Ankylosaurs" is a weird example to use for that, though, since scientific names (which are the only names most extinct animals have) are the same across all languages.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I once knew a researcher who despite having Japanese as his native language published most of his work in English. I assumed it was for a wider audience, he said it was partially that English was a good 'data communication' language as if it didn't have a specific word, you could pick one that did the job from any other language, put an explanatory after it, and you had an instant 'English' word. I thought he was making a joke, 15+ years later I don't think so anymore.

The English Language: "Nice descriptive vocabulary you have there. Shame if anything happened to it..."

Top Bottom