HasLab Victory Saber

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
The sword blade can slide into a slot in his V-Star leg. It doesn't really clip in, it just slides in and then the transformation closes the compartment.

How did you make the combined Micromaster weapon?

For the Micro masters weapon, he made use of Holi's screwhole on his chest, it can take a 5 ml peg or a blast effect

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Its the Holi/Fire Cannon!

Attachments

• 069DB683-07B2-4600-8E17-C1C7AF3760AE.jpeg
    069DB683-07B2-4600-8E17-C1C7AF3760AE.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 66

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I got my first copy in the other day, I ordered two, in two seperate orders, the second copy, seems to be on tour, was due today, but now the tracking is telling me, tomorow, so clearly he on tour, thou strangely, he dispatched at the same time as my first copy along with Legacy Inferno, anyway, I had a little bit of fun by sticking blast effects into pretty much every socket I could find that would take them, thou there is a couple on Saber's shoulders that are there but due to how I got him displayed, it look even more messy, so for now, here is the end results, I also included Fire & Holi, attached to VS's waist, why, because it seemed like a good spot at the time:

Front end shot:

Rear end shot:

The amount of ports on this guy, is just insane, he loaded with places to put blast effects or weaponizers, Fossilizers, ETC....

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
I haven't had a lot of time to mess around with mine yet. Star Saber seems really solid and looks great. It's a little hard to get the blade in his sword, but not "I'm going to break it" hard, so okay. Victory Leo also looks very good. The only thing I'd change is the hollow underside of Victory Leo's back cannons. Those end up facing forward a lot in robot mode unless he holds them in his hands.

Both of Holi's legs immediately popped off and weren't as easy to get back on. Then they both popped off again ten seconds later. Then again shortly after that. I usually don't have part pop-off problems with Transformers... Fire seems fine, though. I can turn mine's head with my fingers if I use a little effort. But I have narrow girl fingers, so I'm at an advantage there.

On Victory Leo, it's easy to pull off his lion nose and his tusks. In fact I pulled off a tusk almost immediately by accident. And then pulled the nose off when I gave it a little tug to check it. But if the lion nose is pressed on tight, it blocks the tusks from popping off. Mine came with the nose off a little, it seems. Oh, and Victory Leo's stickers are DREADFUL. I regret using them already. And one ripped in half and barely holds on now. Has a narrow gap in it. Would it have killed them to have two more paint apps on the wings? Or... it's probably unpaintable plastic.

I know, sounds negative on Leo already. But I haven't had a lot of time with them yet. I'll try transforming them later. :3

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
Yeah, I assume it must be unpaintable plastic. It wouldn't make sense to skip just those two paint apps on a product like this for cost reasons. And I can't imagine having a custom sticker sheet just for those two apps would really help much if the goal was to save money. I also assume the entire reason for even including the stickers is that the initial color pictures all showed that section red, and it would have brought on another round of the same sort of complaints as Unicron's blue maw if they hadn't included them. Definitely not an ideal solution, but I guess it's probably the best option that was available.

Sadly, my VS has now been packed up to be sent off to storage. I'm clearing out my basement to get ready for a renovation. He barely got a taste of freedom before going right back into his plastic-and-cardboard prison. Hopefully I'll be ready to have him back out before Deathsaurus gets here.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Yeah, I assume it must be unpaintable plastic. It wouldn't make sense to skip just those two paint apps on a product like this for cost reasons. And I can't imagine having a custom sticker sheet just for those two apps would really help much if the goal was to save money. I also assume the entire reason for even including the stickers is that the initial color pictures all showed that section red, and it would have brought on another round of the same sort of complaints as Unicron's blue maw if they hadn't included them. Definitely not an ideal solution, but I guess it's probably the best option that was available.

Sadly, my VS has now been packed up to be sent off to storage. I'm clearing out my basement to get ready for a renovation. He barely got a taste of freedom before going right back into his plastic-and-cardboard prison. Hopefully I'll be ready to have him back out before Deathsaurus gets here.

So he gone off to fight crime and keep any other forces of evil/darkness in check, has he?

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
So he gone off to fight crime and keep any other forces of evil/darkness in check, has he?
He'd better! I would be devastated if anything happened to all my stuff while it's in storage. I'll definitely blame him for not protecting it.

I really am struggling with what to take to storage or not. I hate having virtually all my collections of anything and everything out of sight in a storage unit, but I really don't have any way around it. We had 4 separate sewage backups in our basement this past summer. We're lucky we didn't lose more stuff than we did. We finally have all the plumbing issues taken care of, and even got the rough plumbing for a second bathroom done while we were at it. But now we have to have all the walls and floors redone before we can make it a usable space again. So by the end of the year, everything left in the basement has got to go, and we don't have anywhere to put much of it in the rest of the house.

I was in the process of trying to re-organize my collection when this all happened. I'd had stuff mostly sorted by era in tubs, but was trying to make it more organized so I could actually find what I wanted at any given time. A lot of it was scattered across various desks and tables for sorting. In the rush to get everything safely out, it mostly got tossed in whatever tub had space. It's going to take forever to re-organize it now once I can finally start bringing it back.

SeeveeRay

Citizen
I've transformed my set some and can comment some more. I haven't tried combining anyone yet, though.

Victory Leo's transformation is fine but took some excessive force from me. The V-Lock Cannon barely holds onto its intended post in his lion mode. Why did they not include a peghole on the cannon? There's a peg RIGHT THERE on Leo's back. Otherwise it's fine. I haven't tried the flying brick mode yet. The stickers are already trying to peel off...

Fire's arms do not peg well onto his sides in vehicle mode. And he's very similar to Red Heat. It would've been nice to get a different Micromaster like Clipper, but I understand Red Heat and Stakeout are gang-molded together. Holi's legs popped off twice more when I transformed him, even when I was trying my best to not pop them off. I know Stakeout had this problem as well, but I was careful to not pop mine's legs off. With Holi the problem is definitely worse. At least for me. Your mileage may vary. Also hard to get his hood and arms into place, especially while trying to keep the legs on.

I transformed Star Saber to his full vehicle mode. It was tricky and some things need to be done in a specific order, but it is good. The Brainmaster is neat! Interesting way of remaking the old gimmick. I got a look at Saber's robot mode while transforming him, but I'll see him in it fully later. Saber's vehicle mode is good except it's hard to get his arms pegged onto the jet side. The V-Star jet mode is lovely. There's a spring system on a button inside which surprised me. I'm not used to seeing springs outside of joints in modern Transformers. I think it's to disengage Saber from the V-Star. A little hard to pop out the jet "feet". I needed to use a screwdriver. And a bit too easy to knock around the antennas on his helmet. But this is really solid and nice. I haven't tried the Fire Base yet, but I will when I transform Saber to his robot mode.

My impressions so far are positive. The only things that bug me significantly are Holi's popping legs, the insecure connection of the cannon to Leo's back, and those terrible stickers.

Last edited:

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I realized last night that Leo CAN have the cannon secure, if you sort of angle it so the clip goes on the square part while the post goes into a well hidden hole inside the clip. It's not easy to get it in there, you have to angle it. The instructions just show it going straight down, which CAN work, but I'm iffy on bending the plastic clips that much.

I added a thin coat of acrylic to Holi's hips, and they work fine now.

SeeveeRay

Citizen
I realized last night that Leo CAN have the cannon secure, if you sort of angle it so the clip goes on the square part while the post goes into a well hidden hole inside the clip. It's not easy to get it in there, you have to angle it. The instructions just show it going straight down, which CAN work, but I'm iffy on bending the plastic clips that much.

I added a thin coat of acrylic to Holi's hips, and they work fine now.
Yep! I actually found that myself a bit after I wrote my last post. Thanks for posting it for everyone. :3 I have concerns about how hard it is to wrap the clips around the post, though. But it is definitely secure.

Acrylic as in paint? And it makes the hips stop popping off for you? In that case I have some toenail fungus medicine clear nail polish I can try.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
...Definitely not an ideal solution, but I guess it's probably the best option that was available...
Ohh, I dunno, I suppose (and I know this is completely out of left field here, so my apologies in advance), they could have provided COMPETENTLY PRODUCED STICKERS?

;)

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
Ohh, I dunno, I suppose (and I know this is completely out of left field here, so my apologies in advance), they could have provided COMPETENTLY PRODUCED STICKERS?

;)
I don't think there are any stickers I would ever be really happy with, especially for wrapping over the top surface of the wing. So in my eyes, the only options were bad stickers, or no stickers.

RCX

Citizen
My copy's right antenna is so loose it falls over any time I move the figure.
Hasbro is making me return the whole V-STAR piece in order to get a replacement. Ugh.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Yep! I actually found that myself a bit after I wrote my last post. Thanks for posting it for everyone. :3 I have concerns about how hard it is to wrap the clips around the post, though. But it is definitely secure.

Acrylic as in paint? And it makes the hips stop popping off for you? In that case I have some toenail fungus medicine clear nail polish I can try.

It was just acrylic nail polish, I put a light coat on the balls, then let it sit overnight to fully harden. Very little was applied, though your results (and parts tolerances) may vary.

Top Bottom