HasLab Victory Saber

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I'll likely get the kit mostly for the blade, the current Blade is ok but much like Legacy Mensor/Motor Master, the blade just doesn't really suit either robot modes, the basic robot, its to big, the combined Saber, its to small

Platypus Prime

Citizen
"But then Goldilocks found a sword that was JUST RIGHT. Unfortunately, she'd woken up the blade's guardian, and it was no bear, it was a giant robot space lion with some gigantic cannons. Unknown to Goldilocks, a target lock had been achieved, and no blade of any size was going to help her now..."

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
"But then Goldilocks found a sword that was JUST RIGHT. Unfortunately, she'd woken up the blade's guardian, and it was no bear, it was a giant robot space lion with some gigantic cannons. Unknown to Goldilocks, a target lock had been achieved, and no blade of any size was going to help her now..."

Yet she was careful and pulled out her shield and yelled "Protect Wall!!" and the laser blasts demolishes the three robot bears house enabling Goldlocks to escape her enemies and she laughs until she encounters the Santa bot who catches her and then wraps her up and gives it to the three Bearbots in a nice package topped with a BOW

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
New blade and cannons look good, but those wings look terrible. If you're going to replace the wings you need to replace them entirely and have them still fold in half. This upgrade wrecks the proportions.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I'm sure there will be a cheaper kit with fillers for the guns and some extra, minor fixes for the set (like better legs for the micromasters?)

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
I took my Victory Saber apart into Star Saber and Victory Leo. They came apart surprisingly easy despite how solidly they connect. Didn't feel like it would ever break either. Still excellent figures.

Count me in as one who doesn't like that DNA Design set. Don't like the face or the wings. And the bigger sword looks good, but can't store. At least it's a more cost-effective way to get non-hollow cannons. Assuming you don't think the cannons end up too long, anyway. I'm reminded of why I never buy these upgrade sets. Except I'm still waiting for my DK-35, of course. Total improvement and no wasted parts in that one.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
So it WASN'T missing it, it just fell out of the tray, past the toys and plastic trays, so it could lodge itself underneath one of the walls of the main box. Somebody online told me to look in the box, as if I hadn't already done that, and I decided to tear it apart to be thorough and all be darned if it wasn't just barely visible underneath that wall. Amazing.

Last edited:

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I want the set for the sword blade, mainly, I don't see the point in the wing extentions, as the current ones are just fine, its not like God Grini who got puny wings and needed the expanded wings to make him look more impressive

Platypus Prime

Citizen
One thing that would appeal to me is the extra cannons to put under the wings of the V-Star. I've done that to move the big cannon closer to the middle and use the mounts on Leo, angled backwards, to hold blast effects for extra engines.

"Something something MORE DAKKA something..."

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Takara just delivered mine. Not sure if the Hasbro version had two plastic bags around the boxes, but we got an additional black sleeve for the Japanese version.

I've done some quick and dirty pics of the new version alongside the MP version ( It was in a dark room with little access to light and still yellowed. It was hardly ever touched and also it's still wobbly...)

IMG_20221229_185146.jpg
PicsArt_1672308915013.png
PicsArt_1672309608137.png

You can give Saber the MP gun and smaller sword (but only on his arm, as he can't hold the blade). I'm surprised that a smaller sword or gun wasn't included for this figure.

PicsArt_1672315346974.png

IMG_20221230_084639~01.jpg

Brain of Courage's face (with a little visual editing to lessen the flash and exaggerate the shadows to show possible details) :

PicsArt_1672359052237.png

Victory Leo + Zetar + Cromar = ...

Total Victory Leo.png

(He even gets a snazzy new tail!)

PicsArt_1672372472678.png

IMG_20221230_125450~01.jpg

IMG_20221231_124337.jpg
IMG_20221231_134354~01.jpg

IMG_20221231_134747.jpg

Last edited:

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Robot Kingdom is selling some Victory Sabers to none US people for $199.90

If you want one, try and get it NOW, do not hestaitate, show no mercy!

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
Robot Kingdom is selling some Victory Sabers to none US people for $199.90

If you want one, try and get it NOW, do not hestaitate, show no mercy!
If I recall, robotkingdom shipping cost is really expensive. But it'll probably still be significantly cheaper getting a Victory Saber from them instead of somewhere else at this point.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
If I recall, robotkingdom shipping cost is really expensive. But it'll probably still be significantly cheaper getting a Victory Saber from them instead of somewhere else at this point.

I wouldn't know, as I not used them, I was just looked at the sites I go to for TF news and it was there, so I shared it, I already have a copy, well, two copies of Victory Saber, one being saved for a time when they are rarer and make some money out of it, hopefully.

Top Bottom