Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
4759F54C-B806-47A7-971F-B7AF75D81935.jpeg

So freaking cute!!!!"

*dies*

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
possible hot take, but colosseum is the worst pokemon RPG. tedious, grindy, unfun, just an absolute slog.

the only reason it's not the worst pokemon game with the classic battle system is because battle revolution exists.

Yeah, while I have a lot of fond memories, I'm not sure I'd exactly recommend it to anyone. I'm at 25-ish hours and sooooo much of that is just Mt Battle loops.

Isn't that pretty much what JRPGs are? I mean yeah, Pokémon probably had it worse having to grind each individual Pokémon without an EXP Share. But yeah, JRPGs have always been grindy.

A problem with the old games is that the enemies levels just stop after a point, and you just get stuck trying to get your Lv 40 Mons to Lv 50 fighting nothing but Lv 20 Wild Pokemon. And no short cuts like Blissey or EXP candies.

Colosseum's Mt Battle at least offers infinite Trainer fights at just about any level threshold you'd need, although the game has lengthy attack animations that drag on. And you got to grind to purify the Shadow Pokemon, then grind again to actually level them up since they don't exactly gain experience until then. And just catching them in the first place can take ages, especially the Legendary Beasts.

... which is all a big shame since Colosseum is entirely Double Battles, which are criminally underused in the main games. One playthrough I actually got a lot of use out of Plusle of all Pokemon, having him support Suicune with Rain Dance and Thunder.

Anyways, I fought the SECRET boss in the game, who's theme is... distinct:

Caldwin

Citizen
AF0B6FCD-8B41-4793-9D16-41F771F2C1BD.jpeg

So last night I caught this little fella.
353EC804-C145-4308-AF9C-95C4CE79502F.jpeg

One Blissey fight later, they grow up so quickly!
CE21D02B-BC73-44AA-A7B7-13B4CF2092F5.jpeg

Family phot.

Caldwin

Citizen
So, I guess here are so e more shinies since I don't know what else to do with this thread. But these are shinies I was actually going for. So there's that.

4B0314D3-FFBD-40BD-9C95-1A54EAF61466.jpeg

60C54B22-6E15-4AD2-B660-A3A193008C3F.jpeg

42567360-60A5-49FF-A30A-CF051D7F918F.jpeg

Rotom was probably the most rewarding, not just because it's an Alpha (though that is awesome). But it also is a rare spawn that only spawns in one place outside of mass outbreaks. I also got this on a second wave of an outbrea, so I very nearly passed it up when there wasn't an immediate shiny sound when I found the outbreak.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Thanks to those of you that helped me get my first legendary today in Pokemon GO! Woot!

Glitch

Citizen
Shiny Ditto in Go and a shiy female Ralts in Legends Arceus, I actually caught a shiny male Ralts in Go last year and didn't evolve it.

Echowarrior

Citizen
...I have a coworker who should never see that, because he's shown me too many memes that are essentially the same thing.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
He's seen it already. He's gonna show you tomorrow, with a giant grin on his face. You will have to humor him, even though inside you are already screaming, just like the pic. Screaming, with no end.

Glitch

Citizen
A dataminer claims the delay to bring BDSP compatibility to Home is because of it being coded with Unity despite both Home and BDSP being made b the same company.
Seems them farming out both Home and BDSP to ILCA has done more harm then good, Gamefreak made Pokemon Bank and all the games compatible with it.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Well it doesn't help that just about every game in the switch era has experimented with regressing or changing up the battle experience. I imagine trying to code in everything is making it difficult to just make Pokemon easily accessible between each game.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
they should, like, let bandai namco do the BW remakes. BDSP aren't the worst thing ever (Colosseum, Battle Revolution and the original DP still are worse) but they're still not great

Caldwin

Citizen
they should, like, let bandai namco do the BW remakes. BDSP aren't the worst thing ever (Colosseum, Battle Revolution and the original DP still are worse) but they're still not great
Not having played the originals I actually enjoyed Shining Pearl. That said, where I would normally do stuff like shiny hunting, breeding or just screwing around after finishing other Pokémon games, I did drop SP rather quickly.

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
Not having played the originals I actually enjoyed Shining Pearl.
i mean they're still better than the originals. and even DP aren't awful, they're just subpar compared to everything else in the mainline series.

Colosseum is pretty ******* awful and tedious and actively anti-fun, though. No idea how so many entitled fanbrats think it's better than XY, ORAS, SM or even SwSh, lolol

Top Bottom