Gotta Catch 'Em All! - Pokémon Thread

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Playing through Legends Arceus...this is maybe the first time I'm actually kind of seeing the benefits of a smaller Pokedex? Like, doing all these research tasks is kind of fun...but I'd be okay with doing less of them, even if getting them up to level 10 only takes a few minutes, really.

Maybe for SV, we could still have research tasks...but only for the new Pokemon and regional forms. That way, we only have to do about 100 of those style of research tasks and they don't wear out their welcome. Everyone else in the Pokedex can be a simple catch and be done with it.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
7787A098-7252-42D0-B84D-E90B74B0BDF6.jpeg

I don't usually care about ghost-types, but I actually do really like Haunter. So when I stumbled upon a shiny Gastly...well...woot!

Caldwin

Citizen
So I was looking to perfect my Chatot pokedex entry so I could hopefully nab a shiny some time in the futur. But before I could d, I ran into a mass outbreak where this happened.

51EEF940-F737-419E-88E4-B2B0C40929E7.jpeg

Two shinies one right after anothe. Given their capacity for running away, I was a nervous wrec. But I nabbed both of them.

Now if I could just be so lucky with Pachirisu.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So in Pokemon Go, I have all the Alolan Starters in all their forms.

Also, freaking love that Alolan Raichu!

Glitch

Citizen
Shiny Castaform in Go yesterday, also have a shiny Pikachu in USuMo that I'm reluctant to evolve but got a year to consider.

Last edited:

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
2022031111565800-7CBCCE282CD36658AB28471FB4791102.jpg

The wait time for the space-time distortions can really drag on in the post-game, but a Shiny Dusclops and an Alpha Silveon spawning side by side was worth it.

Glitch

Citizen
Shiny Pidgeotto in Let's Go Pikachu, it just appeared right next to me when I was on the way to Go Park to transfer a few Pokemon from Go.
I'll have to complete this game and get Mega Stones.

Caldwin

Citizen
I now have two shiny Combees, both of which are male. So I that's kind of a harsh tease...two shiny Combees and not a single Vespiquen.

Right now I'm really trying to get a shiny Patchirisu. I only need to see 6 more spring from trees to have a perfect dex entry to increase my shiny chances. But those damn Burmy keep getting in my way.

Edit:
And the me from pre-Alpha Sapphire just read this and has no idea what the **** present me is talking about.

Caldwin

Citizen
I finally got a perfect dex entry for Pachirisu. So now I can start the real hunt. Along the way, I compleated my Ursa family. While I still hold to my prev statement that I don't want to make a photo for every shiny I get, I felt completing the Ursa family warranted abpic.

BF512876-C4F9-4FD5-A83F-7AC9E6F120AA.jpeg

And while I was taking a photo anyway, I figured, what the heck, might as well show these guys.
CB663032-18A3-4C24-BCF3-43943D3C3590.jpeg

I particularly like the Yanmega. Bluuuuuuuuue!!

Glitch

Citizen
Done I'll send you a shiny alolan Sandshrew in a trade if you want it.

Edit: never mind, just learned you can't trade over wifi in Go.

Last edited:

Caldwin

Citizen
Paras has to be the most disappointing shiny ever. I had to squint to make sure I was throwing the ball at the right one. Parasect is a little bit bette, but dang!

Top Bottom