Gotta Catch 'Em All! - Pokémon Thread

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
Glad they have that sound effect for shininess, some of them are easy to miss. Especially if you're keeping your distance or just flying by.
C2yQQ2N.jpg

Love it when the colors are really different:
iMRsJ9v.jpg

On an entirely different tangent, I went and bought all the Baggins upgrades for the satchel. I really wouldn't recommend it unless you got a LOT of cash. Like a serious lot.
We hates him forever!

Glitch

Citizen
Almost ten years since Black and White 2 came out, the dumb decision to swap legendaries threw me off, I bought Black so got White 2 and wound up with Reshiram twice.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I'm going for the Baggins upgrades just as a completionist thing. I only have three more to go. But yes, that guy is evil.

Caldwin

Citizen
So I've had Horizon Forbidden West sitting on the back burner for a while. I wanted to really get into a deep dive into is, but before I moved on from Arceus, I needed to do one thing. I wanted a Shiny Pachirisu. I found the points where they would dependably spawn. I perfected the dex entry. I went around and around to its spawn spots, checked out outbreaks...for days and days I looked for a shiny Pachierisu.

sw19niI.jpg

Shiny ALPHA Pachirisu!!!!!!!

Caldwin

Citizen
Well, I did it. I got all of the Bagin upgrades. It took a lot of battles with those charm sisters to farm enough nuggets, but I finally got the money for all of the upgrades.

I dunno. I thought maybe I'd feel some sort of sense of accomplishment. Like I met some kind of awesome goal.

Not worth i!

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Yeah, that's one bad thing about this game. I'm literally spending all the money I'm making on Satchel upgrades as I go through the game. Not really a big deal, since the only thing I really have to spend money on in this game is basically clothes. I get they're doing that because they have crafting, but it's kind of a pain. It feels like a step back to Gen 1, with this unorganized inventory (even if you can move things around easily)

Hopefully, we get our infinite Backpack back in SV. Or, if they feel they MUST give us limited space again, maybe tie Bag size to the number of Gym Badges or Stars you have on your Player card or something.

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
Yeah, that's one bad thing about this game. I'm literally spending all the money I'm making on Satchel upgrades as I go through the game. Not really a big deal, since the only thing I really have to spend money on in this game is basically clothes. I get they're doing that because they have crafting, but it's kind of a pain. It feels like a step back to Gen 1, with this unorganized inventory (even if you can move things around easily)

Hopefully, we get our infinite Backpack back in SV. Or, if they feel they MUST give us limited space again, maybe tie Bag size to the number of Gym Badges or Stars you have on your Player card or something.
Hit select and it'll organize everything.

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
I long since got into the habit of regularly visiting the campsites to dump all the collected items, so me getting the satchel upgrades was mostly just looking to burn money.
'Course now that I burned all that money, now I'm having to actually gather supplies instead of just buying Ultra/Jet Balls, which kinda feels like a challenge mode hehe.

Anyways:
3jtb72q.jpg

cG1tqL9.jpg

Two full boxes of shinies, wheee!

While I love the frequency with these randoms, I wish there was a better way to target specific ones.

Caldwin

Citizen
While I love the frequency with these randoms, I wish there was a better way to target specific ones.

Get a perfect dex entry for said pokemon. Learn where they spawn and just go from the village to those places. That's how I got my Pachirisu

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
Get a perfect dex entry for said pokemon. Learn where they spawn and just go from the village to those places. That's how I got my Pachirisu

I mean, it helps, but some of those tasks are a real pain and some Pokemon are pretty rare spawns too.
And more to the point, I've been completely unable to find any Shiny Dustox, despite perfecting the dex for it and its pre-evolutions and repeatedly flying through all its locations (and mass outbreaks to boot). Meanwhile on those paths I have found shinies for 'Mons whose 'dexes aren't perfected. It's enough to make me miss breeding for shinies; no guarantees it'd be faster (especially with Wurmple's split evolution), but at least I could control the process a bit more.

Granted at this point I'm ready to move on from this game. Re-playing Pokemon Colosseum now, which needless to say is completely different experience from Legends Arceus.

Caldwin

Citizen
Okay, guys, I know I said I didn't want to ke posting pics of shinies, but seriousl, I just got four shinies, not just in one night. I got four shinies in less than an hour...one of them an alpha!

2B9AD525-12C9-4102-A659-E69DF2C3E7D9.jpeg

Caldwin

Citizen
710CE3BA-DDDD-4C12-95D2-BC399AD1EE20.jpeg

One of these is a shiny. Can you guess which one?

Mass breakout, I heard the shiny sound. I had to initiate battle with each one to find out which one the shiny was. 🙄

Caldwin

Citizen
Followed up a crappy shiny with two really awesome ones.

BEE0282F-9AFC-40AF-B0B1-110722B3E961.jpeg

BDA0107A-93DD-4E83-81D8-61FAA8FB9342.jpeg

Murkrow I actually got last night but didn't fee like doing a post. Zoroark I got this morning. Murkrow I go by so many times I was reeeally hoping I'd find one naturally (which I did). Zoroark I was going to shiny hunt for after getting a shiny vulpix/ninetails. But I got lucky with a massive mass outbreak this morning 😍

Now if I could just get that dang Vulpix!

Caldwin

Citizen
Okay, sorry for all the pics lately, but it's my day off and I'm looking for things to do. I just want to take a moment to consider that shinies are so easy to get in this game that not only was I able to take one of these screen shots...I was able to take ALL of these screen shots. And these are just the shinies I was able to get more than one form of an evolutionary line for.

uiBR3ih.jpeg

iXCmWKf.jpeg

ITKmNQj.jpeg

oy3PJWa.jpeg

HgvAjIg.jpeg

Q4oRX8m.jpeg

zswTxRd.jpeg

kEmzPhH.jpeg

4RNIZF0.jpeg

0f8Weib.jpeg

19OLHv9.jpeg
7g8y0zw.jpeg

kgKKgOz.jpeg

Caldwin

Citizen
7702A7C1-0BA2-4E77-B6C2-37665775F303.jpeg

And finally my hunt for a shiny Vulpix comes to an end. Well...okay, it's an Alpha Ninetails, not a Vulpix. But it would've eventually become a Ninetails anyway...and this one's an alpha!

Funny thing, now that I finally got the shinies I'd been hunting for...my desire to play just kinda evaporated.

Well, I suppose I can work to level my team up now.

Last edited:

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
HhQOunF.jpg

As much as I like the chill Hisuian ghost form, it's nice to have good old Angry Badger Typhlosion again.
(I miss the Switch's screencap button)

Colosseum is somehow even more tedious than I remembered. Granted I'm not doing myself any favors by insisting on purifying everyone then deciding to train up that underleveled Remoraid, but still. Feel like I should be reading a book or something during these long drawn out Mt Battle fights...

Paladin

Citizen
nine outbreaks and NOTHING. Suddenly this one just jumps out right in front of me...

Attachments

• LAGib.jpg
    LAGib.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 49

Spin-Out

terminal shitposter
Citizen
Colosseum is somehow even more tedious than I remembered. Granted I'm not doing myself any favors by insisting on purifying everyone then deciding to train up that underleveled Remoraid, but still. Feel like I should be reading a book or something during these long drawn out Mt Battle fights...
possible hot take, but colosseum is the worst pokemon RPG. tedious, grindy, unfun, just an absolute slog.

the only reason it's not the worst pokemon game with the classic battle system is because battle revolution exists.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Gen 1 and 2 were far worse. I can sorta forgive 1 for being barely above a beta, the games run on duct tape and hope and it really shows, but a lot of the old games are grind fests.

Caldwin

Citizen
Isn't that pretty much what JRPGs are? I mean yeah, Pokémon probably had it worse having to grind each individual Pokémon without an EXP Share. But yeah, JRPGs have always been grindy.

Top Bottom