Gotta Catch 'Em All! - Pokémon Thread

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Going off of Wikipedia...nope.

It looks like they'll need about two more batch drops of 15 or so episodes to finish off this season. Looking at the dates for past batches, that means they'll probably show the end of the tournament in July-ish, with the actual finale with Ash will probably come around November-ish. They've been having about 4 or 5 months between batch drops.

Last edited:

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
The paradox versions of Suicune and Virizion are now available in Scarlet and Violet respectively. They're 5-Star raids and you'll need to update your game first.

Caldwin

Citizen
2691B642-C98F-4211-B6B0-EB309B65EAEF.jpeg

Got this fella on the first try. I was thrilled.

7756F687-C944-4941-B049-6A7DF3295A3E.jpeg

Had to really work for this one though. Finally nabbed it though.

B342BC3A-62DD-4828-B79E-ABCB2590B52F.jpeg

And a group picnic shot. Catra's hiding behind Walking Wake (Suicune).

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
The entire Pokemon Presents for Pokemon Day!

(The news about Scarlet and Violet begins around 18:40)

So, the update is out...so now the big question...can we move the camera around without feeling like the game will crash?

The robot Pikachu doll is haunting my soul.

Okay, that's the third most high-stakes underground mafia-style Pokemon card game I've ever seen.

Pokemon Concierge...feels like it should just be something they put up for free on Youtube instead of Netflix, but whatever works. It looks cute.

These Masters EX commercials always look so neat. 3 1/2 years is a weird anniversary to celebrate, though.

Pokemon Sleep is actually coming out. They did it. The Pokemon's sleep animations are ridiculously adorable.

Pokemon Go Plus...Plus. Are they serious? It seems to be mostly for Pokemon Sleep. I was NOT expecting them to invest so heavily into a sleep analysis app.

The two new legendaries Walking Wake and IronLeaves! These...we basically already knew about. But, it's good to see them. Now, how am I going to get the OTHER version exclusive? I was expecting them to end up being the "stars" of the first wave of DLC..but, I guess this is better than being exclusive to a Gamestop code...maybe.

You can get postcards in Pokemon Go which can change your Vivillion pattern in SV. That's neat. And you can finally catch the OTHER form of Gimmighoul.

Pokemon Home support for SV is COMING...later...boo...

DLC trailer!

Those 3 statues are teasers for something. The one in the middle looks a lot like Zacian or Zamazenta. A third form? (Probably not, given later reveals)

Kamen Rider/Sentai-style masks? Is that a tease? Part of the new story? I'm going to guess these masks are the "new starters" evolved forms.

The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero. The 4 new symbols around the title are probably teasing something. I wonder if we're going to get another wave of DLC with 2 more stories? If you "read" from right and down and then left (like you would in Japanese) you see a symbol that looks like a Mask and the second Symbol in the bottom right looks like the Turtle. That leaves us with a "One Horned" and "8" symbol on the other side. These COULD just be symbols for things you DO the the two DLCs, but I have to wonder if they're teasing MORE DLC.

The_Hidden_Treasure_of_Area_Zero_logo.png

Oh, we're getting 3 new "starters" along with the first DLC's legendary. A monkey, a dog, and a pheasant...so it's Momotaro-based. With the Legendary as a Oni. The Teal Mask, Ogerpon. With Monkidori, Okidogi, and Fezandipiti...I hope we get all 3 and don't have to choose between them again...but we probably will...*SIGH*

And the second DLC looks like...either some sort of Battle Tower or more likely a new evil Team of researchers. The hexagon patterns remind me of Zygarde. The Indigo Disk, Terapagos. I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a turtle or some sort of Precambrien animal, like a Trilobite. Going by the name, I guess they're going for a Galapagos Tortoise.

They drop in fall and winter this year. It's going to be a bit of a wait.

I'm sure the colors mean SOMETHING to Spain. But, I have no idea what.

And here's just the trailer for the DLC by itself, so we can all pour over it for secrets.

Last edited:

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Do you mean the colors on the turtle? Or the green and blue of the legendaries?
With the colors and general design, I'm reading a land/forest and sea theme. The colors/symbols on the turtle look like all the types. Electric, fire, fairy, etc.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I'm talking more about the real-world inspiration they took for these colors. Like how Paldea is inspired by Spain and the surrounding area. And how the "Scarlet and Violet" are probably a reference to Spain's old flag.

Flag_of_Spain%28Second_Republic_1931-1939%29%283-5%29.svg

Looking at the "Flag of Spain" wikipedia article, I guess the Teal and Indigo MIGHT be a reference to the Naval Jack of Spain?

Naval_jack_of_Spain.svg

Note the Blue/Indigo of the Castle and the Teal/Green of the chains. It's even in four sections, like the 4 corners of the logos. So...maybe that's the connection? I guess all four sections represent different Kingdoms that make up the whole of Spain.

I can't help but notice we still don't have a Yellow Legendary. Which is odd given how prominent Yellow is in all the flags I've seen of Spain. Maybe Gholdengo is supposed to be the yellow? It is the 1000th Pokemon, after all.

As for the Pokemon, Ogerpon looks like it's going to be Grass/Dark to me (...which is VERY similar to Zarude...maybe it's a pre-evolution?). Unless the mask with crystals in it is supposed to hint at something else. A mask-changing gimmick?

And Terapagos...probably has some sort of type-changing gimmick. Maybe it basically has Protean and changes Tera-types based on whatever move it uses. Or maybe it boosts any other Pokemon that uses Terastallization.

And just as a note...this guy on reddit had a good drawing of this based on the image in the Scarlet/Violet Book MONTHS ago.

3wybetvgklba1.jpg

www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/109sf50/i_traced_the_image_of_the_disc_pokemon_depicted/

This was basically dead on. Good job, Reddit guy! I guess I had a hard time parsing that picture...probably because I was too busy focusing on the giant ball Terapagos seems to be balancing on top of.

Last edited:

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
I don't think there's much Spain inspiration in the DLC. Part 1 is a field trip to a Japan-inspired island. Part 2 mentions a field trip to Blueberry Academy, whose name isn't in Spanish like the others. The place is in the ocean, but I'm also getting outer space vibes.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
So there's a new bug now. If you try to do the raids for the two new Pokemon without updating first, since you haven't downloaded the data for them yet, you encounter a Bad Egg. Not only does it cause all of the problems a Bad Egg usually does, it also counts against your one chance to catch them.

Caldwin

Citizen
Maaannn Iron Grass can just eff right the hell off!
Yeah, it really was pretty difficult, especially for a 5-star. Were you able to nab it?

So there's a new bug now. If you try to do the raids for the two new Pokemon without updating first, since you haven't downloaded the data for them yet, you encounter a Bad Egg. Not only does it cause all of the problems a Bad Egg usually does, it also counts against your one chance to catch them.

Makes me glad I updated. I hope this is something you found out on the internet and not personal experience.

Caldwin

Citizen
I'm just glad I was able to get both in Violet. They say the raids are version exclusive, but you join other people's raids online...

Top Bottom