Gotta Catch 'Em All! - Pokémon Thread

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
mbnwZrz.jpeg

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
DAMN they are not being fair with these 7 star raids. The upcoming Poison Tera Type Raid is Greninja! SO if you try to go strong against the Poison typing you will get wrecked by it's initial move pool. Psychic will have a Dark counter move certainly, and Ground by Water. Trying to go strong by the initial typing with Grass is countered by the Poison typing let alone the possibility of Aerial Ace or Ice moves in it's normal move list. Electric isn't going to be effective against the Poison. Geeez Until we know it's move pool, is there a decent option to counter it?

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
DAMN they are not being fair with these 7 star raids. The upcoming Poison Tera Type Raid is Greninja! SO if you try to go strong against the Poison typing you will get wrecked by it's initial move pool. Psychic will have a Dark counter move certainly, and Ground by Water. Trying to go strong by the initial typing with Grass is countered by the Poison typing let alone the possibility of Aerial Ace or Ice moves in it's normal move list. Electric isn't going to be effective against the Poison. Geeez Until we know it's move pool, is there a decent option to counter it?

Right now, I'm not worried about the poison terratyping. I would focus on making something that can resist the normal moves that Greninja would have, as I don't think he actually has a lot of poison moves normally.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I don't know how effective this actually is, since I haven't tested it out myself...but someone's found that the lower the level of your Pokemon, the less your timer goes down when you faint. Which leads to...the level 1 Shinx strategy.

It...might be worth trying?

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
The timer will still go down while picking moves, so I wonder up to how many Shinx per team you can have for that to work. You'd still need at least 1 big attacker.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Why is Trading so dumb in this game? I hva no way of seeing what the other person has to request what Id like? I have no way to put a pokemon up for trade with a desired request trade back?

Whats even the point?

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I got a Greninja (in spite of my stupid ass self). I am now breeding and will have eggs later tonight if anyone wants one.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Well, the point of the trading in the main games this generation is to frustrate you so much that you break down and get Pokemon Home for $15. Then you get access to a feature that was included for free in the $40 handheld games.

...You know...in 3 to 6 months. Whenever they add Scarlet and Violet Pokemon to Home. They'll get around to it. Eventually.

...It's not a great system.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
I just want a @#$% Sprigatito now cuz I need a good grass type on my team thats unique to this gen.

Caldwin

Citizen
I can help with that. Probably not tonight as I'm getting ready to call it a night. But I do have some I can trade you.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
I got a buddy that came through. But I appreciate the thought.

I also found out the area im in I was supposedly supposed to be here earlier as Im grossly over leveled. I completely stomped this branch of Team Star, it was almost unfair.

This game really needed level scaling.

Caldwin

Citizen
I kinda enjoyed in my Violet playthrough having to grind through gyms and then breezing through the Star camps like they were nothing. That's the reward for leveling. It's like in the original Zelda where you could go into later levels (and even succeed if you're good enough) and then come back to the first dungeon with a bunch of hearts, the blue armor and the magic sword.

I like being able to grind my way past things. It's an RPG staple.

Top Bottom